What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

Icemud

Here is some Deep Chunk F2 (Hazeman's Monkey Balls) that I popped a few years ago and used in an open pollen project. There was a ton of variation in the 5 female plants I grew, and the phenos ranged from beautiful thick frosty buds to some ugly leafy undeveloped buds. There also was a wide variety in the terpenes which ranged from Garlic Armpit funk, to piney and citrus, to sweet roots/carrot, to rubber/new shoes and licorice. The terpenes were very complex and quite hypnotising, where some even smelled like fine incense or spices.

I hit a Mendo Grape Kush with DC pollen and passed a few beans to a buddy who ran them in a greenhouse and WoaH! the plant looked like a stacked weightlifter the way it grow gigantic thick buds. Safe to say the DC really crossed well with MGK.

Here was one of the more beautiful phenos in my pollen project: Deep Chunk f2 aka Hazemans Monkey Balls.
Deep Chunk Pheno5 (7).jpg
Deep Chunk Pheno5 (8).jpg

Here are all of the phenos (both male and female) I used in the open pollen project. I used 5 females and 2 males from the same Hazeman Monkey Balls (Deep Chunk F2).

20181209_213532.jpg
20181209_213509.jpg

Last edited:

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
Here is some Deep Chunk F2 (Hazeman's Monkey Balls) that I popped a few years ago and used in an open pollen project. There was a ton of variation in the 5 female plants I grew, and the phenos ranged from beautiful thick frosty buds to some ugly leafy undeveloped buds. There also was a wide variety in the terpenes which ranged from Garlic Armpit funk, to piney and citrus, to sweet roots/carrot, to rubber/new shoes and licorice. The terpenes were very complex and quite hypnotising, where some even smelled like fine incense or spices.

I hit a Mendo Grape Kush with DC pollen and passed a few beans to a buddy who ran them in a greenhouse and WoaH! the plant looked like a stacked weightlifter the way it grow gigantic thick buds. Safe to say the DC really crossed well with MGK.

Here was one of the more beautiful phenos in my pollen project: Deep Chunk f2 aka Hazemans Monkey Balls.
View attachment 18712031 View attachment 18712032

Here are all of the phenos (both male and female) I used in the open pollen project. I used 5 females and 2 males from the same Hazeman Monkey Balls (Deep Chunk F2).

View attachment 18712033 View attachment 18712034
How did they smoke?
Thanks for sharing

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I'll flower out some pure chunkies to show everyone as soon as I get chance..I wonder when hazeman says f2 do they mean out crossed and the f2 from that, or do they mean chunk x chunk, x chunk.. or chunk x something else, and f2 of that? I wonder..those plants look good otherwise, they for sure look like they have a fat amount of the chunk in them...
1652805059082.png

That was some chunk I grew maybe a few years back at between week 3 an 4 probably, seed is first gen after toms release and then I've grown seed from that seed, next gen, and they look the same, talk the same, walk the same..I dont have a nice shot of their leaves unfortunately which are very wide fingered and have that crinkle cut edge to them, wavey and the sugar leaf all taco's..I'll look through if someone sent me any pics in the time since then, that I've given plants to grow out... The smells are as described 2 as ice, little more incense and spice and not really gotten any citrus plants or licourice either out them yet..I did get one fruit salad plant too growing a bunch out, a welcome outlier!

Let me go dig through the mother library when I get a chance, there must still be some chunks hidden in the back LOL..See if they are worthy of a picture in the vegetative state..

Last edited:

Icemud

How did they smoke?
Thanks for sharing
You're welcome.

Unfortunately that round I did was an open pollen project and there were too many seeds in the leftover shake/bud from de-seeding so I wasn't able to smoke any of it. One of the crosses Deep Chunk x Mendo Grape Kush that a friend of mine tested, said the terps were "hashy" with little flavor, and the smoke is very heavy hitting and the high is heavy.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
A mate, might be a member here, ran some cuts of my chunks to test them test flowered as small plants in among bunch, under 1000w I think in tent...

These are chunk f2's but daughters of some first hand from a member here, not sure if he wants a mention but I'm thinking of you bud❤️❤️❤️
an icon he is, IOU1still and then so from those f1's he sent me more seed was made few years back, he had original release chunks from Tom Hill and made seed himself, I also grew and had them back in 2000's before I got it back but lost my moms to useless staff and my old seeds would not germinate when I tried years later.

Anyway found some videos he sent me at harvest of the different plants..and scents were ranging from spicy incense to hashy floral incense chocolate coffee to some berry to a fruit salad bowl outlier. So these are screen shots of the different gals and some of a leaf to show unadulterated chunk leaf.

In the chunk gals you find more cbd gals and thc gals, I must grow these out again and test them actually, but in terms of effects I am guessing.. But in crossing with a thc leaning one, I been only lucky to..yes I concur you get heavy high heavy hitting smoke..for seasoned veterans, back then I had this OG that gave people whiteouts, but the OG chunks were even stronger...

Not best pictures as they are screenshots off low quality video but these are 5 different chunky girls and a leaf closeup or two to see shape..One of them was botritus susceptable and lost its top but wasn't one of these..I've got some pics or videos of f1 outcrosses with chunk somewhere, will upload sometime. I can hear him describing them in the video, its classic, "these are pure blood indicas man, wow..no stretch and by that I mean zero stretch"

Chunk.jpg
Chunk2.jpg

Chunk4.jpg
Chunk5.jpg
Chunk6.jpg
Chunk7.jpg
Chunk8.jpg
Chunk3.jpg

RobFromTX

View attachment 18712031 View attachment 18712032

View attachment 18712033 View attachment 18712034
Such a colorful plant. Have you grown anything alse from Hazeman? Would you consider them a pretty reliable seedbank? Ive been eyeing them lately. That strawberry cough sounds stellar

Icemud

Such a colorful plant. Have you grown anything alse from Hazeman? Would you consider them a pretty reliable seedbank? Ive been eyeing them lately. That strawberry cough sounds stellar
The Deep Chunk was beautiful... defintiely lives up to its legendary status.

I've had very good experiences with Hazemans gear. So far I ran his Monkey balls (deep chunk f2) above, his Sour Grapes (absolutely frosty and smelled like artificial grape candy), I ran his Pine Tar Kush (which is actually 79 Xmas Bud) from what I have been told, his Chocolate Thai (This is a drawoh 2.5x Drawoh 2.5 choc thai). All of those were very good germination rates, healthy tiger striped seeds, and all were legit genetics from what I could tell. I only have had good experiences with Hazemans gear, and I still have probably 12-24 more packs to pop in the future :)

RobFromTX

The Deep Chunk was beautiful... defintiely lives up to its legendary status.

I've had very good experiences with Hazemans gear. So far I ran his Monkey balls (deep chunk f2) above, his Sour Grapes (absolutely frosty and smelled like artificial grape candy), I ran his Pine Tar Kush (which is actually 79 Xmas Bud) from what I have been told, his Chocolate Thai (This is a drawoh 2.5x Drawoh 2.5 choc thai). All of those were very good germination rates, healthy tiger striped seeds, and all were legit genetics from what I could tell. I only have had good experiences with Hazemans gear, and I still have probably 12-24 more packs to pop in the future :)
They seem really legit. I just wish they had a website with plant and growth info you know. And im glad your deepchunk was bomb. Im not the biggest fan of indicas but they sure make for a beautiful plant. Thanks for the feedback!

I've found an interesting 'deep chunk' plant in a pack of "Chunky Balls" seeds from HUBA. It's their repro of Deep Chunk. Definitely has that bud structure and resin that is usually described for DC, but the leaves aren't that fat in flower. They weirdly were a lot fatter in veg. The smell is super unique, it reminds me of a roast chicken cooked with sage and onion stuffing, it's mouth watering really.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

View attachment 18107197
image widget

looks like the blazing pistelleros release of humboldistan, is that a divergent chunk line anyone know? the batch I did were all phenotypically like that

GoatCheese

Veteran
looks like the blazing pistelleros release of humboldistan, is that a divergent chunk line anyone know? the batch I did were all phenotypically like that
Sorry to be of topic.

How is the effect with the Humboldistan?

How did they smell?

I have two packs of it but haven’t grown any yet.

-

-

I hope Deep Chunk will be widely available again. I don’t have pure DC but I have few DC crosses from Cannacopia, and DC seems to have a wonderful muscle relaxing and anti-spasm effect that many affies don’t seem to have

Here’s my Chunky Cheese (UK cheese x DC) keeper ..it has some of that coffee aroma from DC, also earthy and liver-like smelling. It smells alot like liver casserole that’s cooking in the oven when it’s in late bloom.

full

full

The effect was nice and quite relaxing nothing too strong, some had berry like smells and taste though not strong and these specimens were mostly on the purple/blue spectrum phenotypically, I think from memory these had slightly fatter leaves and from the 2 packs I OP'd I found 2 phenotypes and the narrower one was more prevalent (say 2 or 3 plants were on the slightly fatter leaves and blue/purp hues out of 20)

PaperClip

I've only had the pleasure of growing 2 packs of Monkey Balls from Hazeman. Most of female phenos were dark purple and had this musky smell. Knockout pure indica effects. There were two unique phenos found. #15 was a blue like color to it and very frosty with orange pistils that had a very nice look to it. Less powerful but a more berry smell/taste to it. My favorite was actually #18, the green pheno. It was more like an OG Kush with kerosene terps/taste, with no lemon. High was more of a og kush like high too with a rocket take off high at first followed by a nice body buzz that lasts.

Here's a pic of #15 blue pheno flowered out in a clone pot.
mb15 53days.jpg

Only pic I have of #18 green pheno.

mb18 43days.jpg

found another pic of the #18
mb18 52days.jpg

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see you got those. Are they a reproduction or some of Toms?

I'm pretty sure everything of Tom's is today. Finding some original packs is not likely. I have 2 REPO packs

Can you tell us a little about Cripple Creek?

No, just from what I've read other's posts. There's also a mention of a South Indian line?. No pics or detailed info I can find. I'll make some hybrids with DC and maybe make more F1's to have stock of. Finding these seeds is getting harder.

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well look what the cat dragged in, once removed from a Tom Hill pack by Verdantgreen. I tried my best to get Tom to go dig me up a grip, got the blessing but fuck that shovel

Started a thread for the grow show. Pre game party about over!

Attachments

• 20220709_023836.jpg
    20220709_023836.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68