What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fwiw guys I reached out and gave Tom Hill my best shot at getting some DC to work with.

I actually used kos photo as an example of the poor options made from tiny gene pools that are available.

it was a no go but I gave it a shot ha

tonygreens_tortured_beans_20220113053112.png

acespicoli

im sorry I missed that Tom cracks me up, hope he let you down easy :friends:and DC finds you soon :huggg:
will any DC do or you trying for a OP of original stock? The last repo I heard of was in spain and the price tho $$$

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That spanish one is another low plant count repro!

It wasn't a bad conversation. All I could really do is tell him what I got and how I got there. I understand his position.

He did say if I was holding to go for it. But nothing I've found worth messing with. It's a lot of effort to do a quality reproduction and I don't want to waste time on a small isolation.

Ida been negligent if I didn't try going right to the source.

I offered stock from my GB that I've worked for 10 years and or half the cash. Offer still stands if he changes his mind.

Tom Hill do you see this bullshit were dealing with lol

I'd like to search the line not dig through a 4 plant repro!

herbgreen

Veteran
kwik seeds has Deep chunk seeds..............:D

Freak Chunk (Deep Chunk)

https://kwikseeds.com/product/deep-c...annabis-seeds/

This might be same spanish repro youre talking about?

chimera and breeders retail....is the last I saw it other than KOS I think must be real:ying:

Chimera and cannacopia has it :tiphat:

They are around....even 'the landrace team' has them

That may have come out out that same spanish repro as well you would have to ask

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Seems I no longer know how to multi-quote.

A few weeks before the new year I tried to pop two of the freebie packs of DC offered through BR. I had hoped to bump this thread with some seedlings around the new year but unfortunately I had no luck with them. Is Raco saying those population numbers he shared produced the same seeds, known as Freak Chunk, available through Kwik Seeds, or am I not following along correctly? Even if not, thanks herbgreen for the lead. The listing does not mention population size of the repro but makes clear they're from Tom Hill stock. I couldn't resist.

Never bought from Kwik Seeds before, not even sure I was aware of them... ordered on Jan 14th, received Jan 24th. Supposed to be 12 in the pack, came with 13. Also grabbed their Cindy 99. Didn't realize at the time of order that freebies were to be included, so that was a pleasant surprise. Got a 12 pack of Ukhrul (with 14 in it) and 5 of Afghan Mix. Was great being able to use PayPal for payment. Probably one of the more elaborate "stealth" packages I've seen. All around great experience and I suspect I'll be a return customer.

Any reports out there on the Freak Chunk?

Brother Nature

Seems I no longer know how to multi-quote.

A few weeks before the new year I tried to pop two of the freebie packs of DC offered through BR. I had hoped to bump this thread with some seedlings around the new year but unfortunately I had no luck with them. Is Raco saying those population numbers he shared produced the same seeds, known as Freak Chunk, available through Kwik Seeds, or am I not following along correctly? Even if not, thanks herbgreen for the lead. The listing does not mention population size of the repro but makes clear they're from Tom Hill stock. I couldn't resist.

Never bought from Kwik Seeds before, not even sure I was aware of them... ordered on Jan 14th, received Jan 24th. Supposed to be 12 in the pack, came with 13. Also grabbed their Cindy 99. Didn't realize at the time of order that freebies were to be included, so that was a pleasant surprise. Got a 12 pack of Ukhrul (with 14 in it) and 5 of Afghan Mix. Was great being able to use PayPal for payment. Probably one of the more elaborate "stealth" packages I've seen. All around great experience and I suspect I'll be a return customer.

Any reports out there on the Freak Chunk?

Kwik seeds is great aye, definitely the most innovative in stealth I've ever received. They're basically Real Seed Co. with a couple extra strains, but can be sold in the US. Thier c99 is great and I've got an Afghaan 90 that when crossed with anything, produces stellar results. Didn't grab the freak chunk as was out of stock when I ordered, but have managed to get a "Deep Chunk" from Huba seeds recently. Chunky Balls I believe it was called, they're coming along nicely, very slow in veg with some crinkle to the very wide leaves.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Hi Shmavis, Tony spoke about the Freak Chunk available on Kwick Seeds when he mentioned the small Spanish reproduction (most recent one) made with a small number of plants (it looks like they open pollinated 5-6 plants)

On the other side Raco was talking about a reproduction he made with a big number of plants while being contracted by Tom Hill some years back (maybe almost a decade?). Raco reproduced the last Deep Chunk & Tom Hill Haze batches which were available through Tom Hill brand on Seedboutique & Seedbay those last few years.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I think it's Real Seed Co's Namkha behind that seedbank. He was always generous with the extras. Ukhrul is a fun sativa to grow if you have a little extra time in your hands.

I've been curious about the Freak Chunks as well so I guess I'll grab a chair.

Breadwizard

Was the freak chunk repo done by the same grower as the X18 repo from Kwik? I've had my eye on that one too, don't see it around as much.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Was the freak chunk repo done by the same grower as the X18 repo from Kwik? I've had my eye on that one too, don't see it around as much.

Yes it looks like it was made in the same garden as the DC and with a similar number of plants. Not enough if you ask me, only a small piece of the cake will be "preserved" if done that way... I wouldn't call it a reproduction/preservation of the line either, a seed increase would fit better.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
3rd-3yed Many thanks for clearing that up. :tiphat: And I agree with your point about seed increase vs. repro. Sounds like that’s what the Freak Chunk is but that’s fine, a seed increase is all I was hoping to do with the two packs as I didn’t expect many to make it up and even if all 20 had, it wouldn’t have been anything but an increase.

Thule Thanks for the recommendation for Ukhrul. Unfamiliar with it but the description sure piqued my interest. Nice to know it will be worthwhile. A very nice freebie.

Brother Nature The Real Seed Company I have heard of, so that’s cool to know of KS’s affiliation. I felt as though I was really rolling the dice… but you’re right, they’re great. That’s great to hear about their C99, thanks! Now you having me kicking myself, though. I had the Afghaan 90 in my cart :D but wanted to keep the order small. Next time! Hope to see you share how the Chunky Balls do.

goingrey

HUBA Seed Bank (one of the ICMAG POTM sponsors) also seems to have a "repro":

Chunky Balls

£25.00 – £195.00

This is our continuation of Deep Chunk, a true-breeding Californian indica rooted in Afghanistan. This is a 100% indica line, never been outcrossed to other strains. Chunky Balls grows with wide leaflets that are dark green in color and leather like in texture. The buds are rock hard nuggets, somewhat leafy and they produce incredible amount of resin. This variety produces a wide range of aromas, pine, gasoline, herbal and earthy. The high is strong body sensation, real couchlock effect. The plants flower fast, produce medium yields and they are suscepible to fungal diseases.

Useful tool for breeders and growers who are looking for a pure indica strain without any sativa influence.

Flowering indoors: 7-8 weeks

Harvest outdoors: mid October

Genetics: pure indica

Aroma: pine, gasoline, herbal

Fitzera

Lucky 13 out of Canada has a DC offering they call Deep 6ix. They say it's named this way due to being an f6 from the point they obtained it from Tom Hill. I just ordered some so I have no idea how it is.