What's new

Decontaminating after mold????

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I had worst spider mites ever after buying clones from Bens Nursery that were immune to almost every pesticide, and got Botrytis from spraying in flower.

Need to decontaminate 3 rooms and tents for mold. Any suggestions? I have physan 20 and mold killer I bought for shroom room a long time ago. Also have UVC light and large room air cleaner.

Just bought clones from seed canary direct and prestige farms on strainly and both were close to death from infected mothers causing extreme stem canker from moldy mothers. I do not want to be as stupid as them.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You may want to leave all the clones alone for a while because this is mite season. Most of the above sellers are selling mites eggs with their clones. I would break everything down, wait at least 15 days, and make sure the mites are starved to death before starting again. Set off a couple of miticide foggers six days apart and in the end bleach everything. Those mites are insecticide resistant and can't be stopped or they would not be there.

Loc Dog

Veteran
You may want to leave all the clones alone for a while because this is mite season. Most of the above sellers are selling mites eggs with their clones. I would break everything down, wait at least 15 days, and make sure the mites are starved to death before starting again. Set off a couple of miticide foggers six days apart and in the end bleach everything. Those mites are insecticide resistant and can't be stopped or they would not be there.
I took 2 months off and bug bombed heavily. I saved on cut, Fatso from Cannarado from 10 mold infected plants from spraying for mites. Have checked that plant numerous times and finally nothing.Been 90F so life cycle with no food is like 10 days for mites. I see one, and buying $100 worth of predator mites.

It is mold I worry about now. If these clone sellers have infected plants, with same thing, it is easy to get. Need to sterilize for mold.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Mold spores are everywhere, you'll never rid the world of spores. You'd need one of those satellite clean rooms to achieve that. All you can really do is keep humidity to a minimum, airflow to a maximum, and add a little si.
Am thinking about hepa filter and UVC on intake side. Problem is leaks in tent.

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I think you're over thinking it mate. If you're in Florida, maybe, but I'm in UK, pretty much mold capital, I get by, normally.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I think you're over thinking it mate. If you're in Florida, maybe, but I'm in UK, pretty much mold capital, I get by, normally.
I lost $1500 in top shelf clones and 9 months work between spider mites then botrytis from spraying plants to kill mites. Mites are gone but mold can live years in a corner then kicked up by fan. Life has sucked so bad, can't afford more problems.

Really sucks crap when people sell contaminated clones, like government with zero accountability.

Reactions: GMT

Sasult

It is mold I worry about now. If these clone sellers have infected plants, with same thing, it is easy to get. Need to sterilize for mold.
Peroxyacetic acid, or bleach will disinfect about anything.
I am not sure about treating plants, but I hear good things about jadam sulfur.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I lost $1500 in top shelf clones and 9 months work between spider mites then botrytis from spraying plants to kill mites. Mites are gone but mold can live years in a corner then kicked up by fan. Life has sucked so bad, can't afford more problems.

Really sucks crap when people sell contaminated clones, like government with zero accountability.
Mother Nature intended that all annual plants have one season and then Winter. If you break that rule the bugs and mold will have no enemy. It's really best to shut down a cycle when infestations occur. When the temps drop and Winter comes back you can start again.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I had worst spider mites ever after buying clones from Bens Nursery that were immune to almost every pesticide, and got Botrytis from spraying in flower.

Need to decontaminate 3 rooms and tents for mold. Any suggestions? I have physan 20 and mold killer I bought for shroom room a long time ago. Also have UVC light and large room air cleaner.

Just bought clones from seed canary direct and prestige farms on strainly and both were close to death from infected mothers causing extreme stem canker from moldy mothers. I do not want to be as stupid as them.
Why do people keep buying clones, when there is a much bigger choice of strains from seeds, and you can make dozens of your own clones from a single female seed?

No infection issues.

BTW what's your favorite strain to smoke or grow?

Ca++

Do you have a vacuum cleaner, with hepa filter?
It might ease your mind, to at least know you sucked up everything that's loose.
With no plants present, there are countless cleaning products you could use. Straight from the corner shop.
Plants outside can't get clean room levels of care, but if healthy, have no problems. I leave a pile of wet leaves to kick up a dust storm, more often than I care to admit. It's a face palm moment, but even if you see such a cloud go into your tent, it shouldn't mean insta-mold. As said, spores are everywhere.

Bugbee likes to mix rice hulls in with everything. He knows a healthy plant will be fine. It's still insurance against mishaps though. Things like pump failures can bring about poor health, and the mold has it's ticket in. Just low levels will mean failing tight testing. Levels you can't actually see.

I think you may have some other problem, such as overly wet roots in warm conditions. A bit of root rot, that could be just brown tips, is a breeding ground, right next to an open door.