What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Debudder machine? (Destemmer)

Has any large colorado grow purchased one and can provide some feedback? Its built in colorado so hoping one of you guys have had a crack at this thing.

[youtubeif]LABQhBkWX_w[/youtubeif]

Last edited by a moderator:
M

meowmeowmeow

The place I work at has purchased Muncher machines along with the Twisters.

IMHO they are not intended for cannabis, but the trap I work for could give a shit.
These were intended to speed up the process, but I have heard it's the polar opposite when compared to the hand trim.

For instance the NL5 that is grown in one of the rooms I work in has a horrible calyx to leaf ratio and these machines basically rip it apart.
Leaving no viable 'bud' in the end just a bunch of shake.

I've worked for some suppliers around town and the consensus is that the machines suck. Even "gentle" machines will shake all your trichomes loose and make you buds Shakey. I even had a guy return a Twister saying he hated it.

As archaic as it sounds, hand trimming is by far the best method for pretty, frosty buds, IMHO.