DC's garden Afropips Durban poison grow and some relatives

baduy

Hi everyone!
I will be growing outdoor for this season some of Dave Coulier's Durban poison along with some of it's hybrids.
Right now is a busy time of the year and I don't want to mess it up because of a lack of time to monitor them properly so I started by popping just
2 Durban poison X Golden Diesel
2 Durban Poison X Thai Stick
Four popped the ground out of four, I guess a 100% rate is a good start :)
I will start the Durban Poison seeds a bit later, in 2 or 3 weeks from now, so they should give shorter plants but I hope the Hybrids will make the show.
I live in a mediterranean climate where frost is unheard of before January on some unfrequent occasions but it can be wet and rainy some years at late fall so wish me luck for the DP X TS as she ( yes I assume there will be at least one "she" out of those 2 seedlings :biggrin:) will most probably will be a later bloomer.
Pics coming soon, not much too look at yet

thejact55

Woop woop. I have the durban crosses too, so this will be a good show of whats to come. Especially excited for the thai cross. That thai was amazing.

Dave Coulier

Hi everyone!
I will be growing outdoor for this season some of Dave Coulier's Durban poison along with some of it's hybrids.
Right now is a busy time of the year and I don't want to mess it up because of a lack of time to monitor them properly so I started by popping just
2 Durban poison X Golden Diesel
2 Durban Poison X Thai Stick
Four popped the ground out of four, I guess a 100% rate is a good start
I will start the Durban Poison seeds a bit later, in 2 or 3 weeks from now, so they should give shorter plants but I hope the Hybrids will make the show.
I live in a mediterranean climate where frost is unheard of before January on some unfrequent occasions but it can be wet and rainy some years at late fall so wish me luck for the DP X TS as she ( yes I assume there will be at least one "she" out of those 2 seedlings ) will most probably will be a later bloomer.
Pics coming soon, not much too look at yet

Oooo Im subbed. I love catching up on everyones Durban plants, so Im excited to see these plants develop under your care Baduy. Ive never run the DP outdoors before, so Im looking forward to how they develop.

Im glad you got 100% germ rates on them. These beans should be 90%+ germ rates every time. Ive received weak beans before from even big name breeders, so I make sure only the finest, healthiest seeds end up in the hands of others.

Its gonna be fun to see these Durban hybrids develop. I think you'll really like the DPxThai. I believe these beans were from the TSG mom, which has produced massive buds with a clear, energetic, anxiety suppressing, focused high. Makes you want to get shit done in your garden after smoking her. At least for me anyways.

Flowering time is likely to be 90+ Days for every female. I doubt you'll find anything early. 4 months flowering is probably going to be closer to ideal. The TSG mom flowers for 5 or so months, but the DP did help lower flowering time by 4 weeks or so.

Lets hope you get a girl like this one...

picture.php

The DPxGD is mostly unknown to me. I think I only have one or two in veg right now. I really need to get some pics of that plant in my journal so you can get an idea of what to expect..sorta It is only one or two plants :) Lets hope it turns out something good.

Woop woop. I have the durban crosses too, so this will be a good show of whats to come. Especially excited for the thai cross. That thai was amazing.

I can't wait to see the DurbanxThai develop under your care Jact. Should be some great looking plants. They turn the most amazing colors deep into flowering if you can keep them healthy that long.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

baduy

Hi all!
Time for a first pic. DP/GD on the left DP/TS on the right.
picture.php

They don't have an explosive start but are healthy. The DP/GD clearly show they can take, and ask for, more food than the DP/TS so they received their first Nettle tea this morning.
They are not as lime green as the picture shows but they clearly are not dark leafed plants. Now that I'm posting I notice the poor picture quality I will try to settle this in my settings

thejact55

Cant wait for the thais. Im hoping to find a real thai leaner.
Do you guys think that i can isolate through inbreeding a few generations the thai mother? Ex: make f1's, pop hella seeds, mate thai leaning mother n father for a few generations? I understand after too long, vigour may go down, but kinda want to try this when time allows

Dave Coulier

Hi all!
Time for a first pic. DP/GD on the left DP/TS on the right.
View Image
They don't have an explosive start but are healthy. The DP/GD clearly show they can take, and ask for, more food than the DP/TS so they received their first Nettle tea this morning.
They are not as lime green as the picture shows but they clearly are not dark leafed plants. Now that I'm posting I notice the poor picture quality I will try to settle this in my settings

The seedlings are looking good Baduy. Coming along nicely. I can confirm the DP/TS are more salt sensitive. Ive got several of them in my veg tent right now, and they are a darker shade of green than the DP/GD, DP/Shit, GD/DT, but still very healthy atm, but have to dial it back a notch for them.

Keep an eye out for intersex expression with the DP/TS, as Ive had to cull two of my plants that are in the 2oz Dixie Cup Run. Id advise flowering out a small cutting of any females you get before you invest alot of time in one.

Looking forward to seeing how they all develop. Best o'luck.

Cant wait for the thais. Im hoping to find a real thai leaner.
Do you guys think that i can isolate through inbreeding a few generations the thai mother? Ex: make f1's, pop hella seeds, mate thai leaning mother n father for a few generations? I understand after too long, vigour may go down, but kinda want to try this when time allows

I think its possible. Would be a fun project to pursue. With regards to vigor, you could run parallel lines and cross them together if you begin to see a loss of vigor. That would help restore some vigor.

baduy

Little update

Little update

Hi all. Have 5 DP seedlings on early stages one has some curious diformities and stunted growth but will probably get out of it or will remain a dwarf plant nevermind. The DP/TS have been badly damaged by wild boars digging for worms when I came to the spot I thought that was it but I finally found them in the bushes around and put them back into soil then I came back two times spreading gunpowder and took a shit. I hope the "this is my place" odorous message will be heard, no more signs of the little bastards so far, fingers crossed.
Here is DP/GD1

And this is DP/GD2
album.php

They both are starting great

baduy

Yes and they are dropping because they have just endured a heavy rainfall usually they stand firm, no preflowers yet.
I'll go check the DP/TS this week and will post pictures
I popped 7 DP and only 4 of them popped ground runt included, they are still small thinking of popping a few more

CrossBones

The DP/TS have been badly damaged by wild boars digging for worms when I came to the spot I thought that was it but I finally found them in the bushes around and put them back into soil then I came back two times spreading gunpowder and took a shit. I hope the "this is my place" odorous message will be heard, no more signs of the little bastards so far, fingers crossed.

You are luckly to have em looking as good as they do, Every single time I tried outdoors over the years in many locations, boom, overnight they are nothing but stumps, got tired of feeding the local wildlife,, + not enough balls to cage em..

baduy

Those are some big leaves for a little plant.
Indeed, I don't know why they got this overfed look, the only difference with my usual soil I can think of is some aloe rich bokashi compost added this winter. I have to keep an eye on that
Nevermind, todayI got some beautiful nutrient depleted Durban/Thai stick for you thejact55:biggrin:
CrossBones said:
got tired of feeding the local wildlife
Wild boars didn't come back as of yet and it's been raining so little things could grip again in the soil. This is a very poor area full of spinny bushes, ideal for boars, foxes and badgers, They are here because of the hermie risk and there is no risk of unfortunate cross pollination from where they stand, just a risk of loosing it all to local wildlife cannot tell sex yet

Added a bit of kelp meal mixed with manure incorporated in top soil they needed it badly

Dave Coulier

Thanks for the shots of the DP/GD Baduy. They look pretty healthy even with the heavy rainfall. Those leaves are huge for small plants! Digging it.

Hope the boars continue to stay away from your babies

baduy

Hey all.
Been a while so I will give a little update. No pics today as i have troubles downloading on my computer and don't like to send pics from my phone, Will solve this soon.
4 DP are settling in the ground one has à seriously erratic prophylaxy and showed difformities first but there is something promising in it.
Another is quite NLD with long internodes interesting to say the least.
DP/TS are coming along nicely ,narrow tropical larves.
DP/GD is a monster of vigor, the only sexed plant yet. It's a 3ft tall dense bush with big broad leaves which I already have to maintain in reasonnable height cause she wants to grow big.
Pictures to come. Have a great WÉ
Cheers

Dave Coulier

Thanks for the update Baduy. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the plants later on. Love the sound of the DP/GD you got going on. Sounds like a potential winner. Ill need to upload some photos of the DP Hybrids soon myself. Ive got a lovely Purple DPxThai in flower right now that I think will impress. Hope you get some purple DPxThais too!

baduy

Finally I have a few pics to show, no Thai Stick cross this time I'll go check them within a week and will report on how things are doing there. All plants now are staying on a thick rice straw mulch to keep the soil cool during hot summer months
First pic is the DP X GD girl,I've been pinching her top internodes like a Japanese pervert to restrict her growth that's why she is so stocky, super big leaves and fat branches

Then is Durban1. This one had diformities when she was a little
seedling, mutant leaves and alternate branching from the start. Thin branching and stunted growth but I keep him/her because of the tropical vibe it has.

Durban2 is even more tropical looking, long internodes and few leaves but big ones which is a trait I really like when the time for trimming has come and for aesthetical reasons too, had to top it for stealth reasons. I suspect it's a male but you never know

Durban 3and 4 are younger but starting to show their character

baduy

DPTS are growing tll and not branching which is a shame as they didn't show sex and I can't take a cutting to check that at home, they switched to alternate branching though. I don't wan't to take care of a male in guerilla and there is no room for 2 plants so I would like to cull the male and flower a cutting at home. One is growing taller and greener than the other, if there is a male it's probably this one
Cheers
picture.php

Dave Coulier

Lets hope the healthier greener one is the female. The DurbanThai dont take a very long time to sex compared to the Thai, so I think soon enough you'll know for sure which is boy or girl. How old are the DT at this point?

That DurbanxGolden Diesel looks excellent. Looks like the winner of the group so far. Ill have to share a few shots of what one looks like in flower for you soon. Ive got one maybe 45-55 days into flower atm that I think you'll enjoy. :)