What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calle‘s Minigrow - Soma‘s AH F2 - Flowerday 30

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Without my project I would stick to alcohol or women :p bad times over here but I know how to be calm in a good more healthy way :)

Sometimes I really like my brain…

View attachment 18966244

View attachment 18966245
Of course I have intake.
And a extake via fan and CF.

Intake is at the left upper corner.

seems like I got a ph problem, have no ph meter here.. tried with some peat and water to decrease the ph..

revegeta666

Of course I have intake.
And a extake via fan and CF.

Intake is at the left upper corner.

seems like I got a ph problem, have no ph meter here.. tried with some peat and water to decrease the ph..
Intake at the upper part of the fridge can bring problems in my opinion. If you check how grow tents are designed, they all have the intake at the bottom and the exhaust at the top. This way there is a natural airflow right through the plants, and hot air accumulated at the top is exhausted while fresh air enters from the bottom. Like this.
cdb0c5373729d0d5a4a792009924de1e.jpg

So yes probably pH is part of the issue, but the way the plants look really makes me think there is also an air exchange problem. Especially if the roots are healthy and the soil is not damp as you said. In a small closed space, air should go right through the plants.

edit-
hydrotek hydroponics said:
For growing crops, it should be a minimum of once every 5 minutes, which represents an ACH of 12. To determine this, divide the number of minutes in an hour (60) by the frequency in minutes that you want the air exchanged. Once every 3 minutes is an ACH of 20, once every minute is an ACH of 60, and so on.
This refers to the whole air that is inside the tent, exchanged fully, every 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Thank you bro ! I will take that into consideration and it’s a quick change and I guess worth a try.. the reason behind my behavior is that In the cellar it has 10c and my plan was to heat the air. I still have the idea that the colder air comes in at the top and due to the temp deviation it sinks automatically. This is how i developed it xD

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Yesterday I gave them some magnesium with no result. They get more ugly.. today I focused on Cal blockage because of high ph. I gave them same peatwater and later today some water with gas.

revegeta666

Thank you bro ! I will take that into consideration and it’s a quick change and I guess worth a try.. the reason behind my behavior is that In the cellar it has 10c and my plan was to heat the air. I still have the idea that the colder air comes in at the top and due to the temp deviation it sinks automatically. This is how i developed it xD
The way people usually do it is to warm up the room the tent is in, not the tent itself. With a small fridge like that its understandable you don't want to warm up the whole cellar just for that. Dont lose hope, healthy roots means there's probably a solution 🙃

oldmaninbc

Hey Calle, are you feeling overwhelmed or confident you can correct the issues? If you can't fix what is going on because you don't know the cause and only guessing, why not start over? If I am overloading you, tell me, I will back off, I don't want to add to your situation.
With over 50 years of growing cannabis I've had a number of ups and downs, learn and carry on. I am not perfect so I don't expect to do things perfectly. I really enjoy gardening; indoor cannabis, houseplants, outside herbs, flowers and a few veggies. I just found out I will be having hernia surgery within 4-6 weeks, surgery makes me somewhat edgy. I will have to take it easy, my age is a big factor plus other chronic health problems. I don't always handle frustration well. My surgery will happen about the same time as harvest.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
healthy roots means there's probably a solution

Yeah really I wasn’t expecting those healthy roots :) but the plants speaking other language. Let’s see what my weekend activities will force. Haha.

Sunday Nightmare Haze

IMG_7978.jpeg

overwhelmed or confident you can correct the issues?

I have no idea. What I know is that I have this issue for the first time. Maybe I can recover them.. but my feeling is getting worse. What would you do ? new start ?
Any ideas about the soil and what i should do with my water ?

This morning I put already few beans between some paper ;) this time something with less worth for me but still the closest I have to the amnesia haze..

other chronic health problems. I don't always handle frustration well

All the best to you - take care and focus on the other good things.

I really appreciate to have you here. You are from British Columbia?

Of course all other listeners or advisers I really appreciate you all ;)

Fotos from today..

IMG_7982.jpeg IMG_7974.jpeg

oldmaninbc

Yeah really I wasn’t expecting those healthy roots :) but the plants speaking other language. Let’s see what my weekend activities will force. Haha.

Sunday Nightmare Haze

View attachment 18968559

I have no idea. What I know is that I have this issue for the first time. Maybe I can recover them.. but my feeling is getting worse. What would you do ? new start ?
Any ideas about the soil and what i should do with my water ?

This morning I put already few beans between some paper ;) this time something with less worth for me but still the closest I have to the amnesia haze..

All the best to you - take care and focus on the other good things.

I really appreciate to have you here. You are from British Columbia?

Of course all other listeners or advisers I really appreciate you all ;)

Fotos from today..

View attachment 18968560 View attachment 18968561
I lived on a beef ranch for many years and kept chickens, but now I can't. I live in the southern area of British Columbia. I moved from Ontario to BC in the early 70s, this is where my heart is.
BBQ with charcoal, I can smell the food cooking, mmm mmm!
I would want to know the ph of my tap water, for sure. As far as soil goes, perhaps you could use a Fox Farm product it has most of everything required and only needs small amounts of fertilizer. Many people add dolomite to keep the ph stable for a long period of time, I add 2 tbsp per gal of soil. Mixing your own soil is fine as long as you know what is required. Trying to fix a nutrient problem can be complicated sometimes a correction happens fairly quickly, like nitrogen other times it can take a week or so like cal/mag. If it is applied as foliar it is quicker than adding to soil. Things can get out of control quickly.
Soil mixes like Fox Farm simplify the process. I like a product called Blue Sky Organics, if I can continue to grow this will be what I use, as Fox Farm is no longer available here.
Mind you being in my mid-70s with chronic health problems I look for the simple way to do things mixing dirt is hard on my body and trying to keep track of soil mixes when my memory is not what it use to be and prone to getting mixed up, that's a recipe for failure.
When it comes to starting over, if your guessing with a fix then you might put off another nutrient and pretty soon how can you tell anything. When your feeling frustrated enough without positive changes, consider starting over. Get your growing environment within reason before putting plants in.
Eventually it all falls into place, like learning how to look after chickens, cook some food on the BBQ.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Hey my bros :) it’s a Monday and I can feel it straight to to bone!

Monday morning vibes…
IMG_7984.jpeg IMG_7983.jpeg

And a little hug to my soul..

IMG_7985.jpeg

I was once in Alberta 25 years ago. Maybe you can remember there was a really big explosion of a oil fabric in Calgary.. I saw this live o_O HUB Oil refinery - asked Google

Still have some family over there..

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Hey my bros :) it’s a Monday and I can feel it straight to to bone!

Monday morning vibes…
View attachment 18968704 View attachment 18968705

And a little hug to my soul..

View attachment 18968703

I was once in Alberta 25 years ago. Maybe you can remember there was a really big explosion of a oil fabric in Calgary.. I saw this live o_O HUB Oil refinery - asked Google

Still have some family over there..
My son and his family live in Calgary, Alberta. He left small town BC after high school, did a trade in Calgary, met his future wife and mother of their 2 children. I don't recall the explosion but my memory is...what was I talking about? Your seeds are ready and cracking open :)
I just had a phone call from the hospital, tomorrow morning I have 40 minute phone call arranged to go over the surgery details, when they phoned a couple of days ago they said it would be about 3 weeks before I would hear from them not a few days. YIKES!

Ca++

I like the new shelf.

The plants look cold and wet. It's hard to believe it was actually hot.

They are very unwell, and won't want the pressure of 50w over them.

I'm not sure how many clay pebbles are in there. They are holding water with nothing in it. pebbles displace the soil, and I just can't see how watered down your soil is now. IIRC you had Jacks Magic, which is good. Award winning even. It's unlikely we could improve on it. I just pot up with it in stages. Then feed in bloom (though I have also fed it like coco, with high light)
It looks quite gritty there, and it's peat based black stuff usually.

I would turn the light down. Maybe 10w per foot, and you may not measure 2 foot. So just 20w of light might give you a more suitable 200-250ppfd. You should also give them 4-6 hours off each day, as a bit of lights out is great when you are unwell. Though you may wish to stay at 24/7 for constant temperature reasons. Where 250ppfd will be more than enough light, while they get better.

I realise that's not the full story. More will come into focus, as you get the main parameters set. Right now, you may have 50w over 2 foot. That is 270w per meter. Maybe 600ppfd, which is enough to satisfy a big plant, in 12 hours.
If you find yourself unable to get the light turned down enough, or if turning it down is too cold, then there are always plant shading options.
22c will be awkward when they are so small and weak. 25-30 is the good care zone. You will probably have to stuff the vent up, a bit.

A phone light app might be useful.. or not.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Hey guys. I am so sorry.. I am so busy atm and I was honestly sick of reporting due to the issues I am facing. It was obvious that the plant can’t show what they want to and I found out that I made a mistake with changing my soil.. last Thursday I potted all plants near to death and ugly af into 3l Rosepots. Base is my outdoor peat soil ;) Never change a running system hah ?!

Here you can see the change from Thursday to todays morning. Since 2 days I am busy twice a day with LST :) things are getting better..

My box left prototype stage behind and I can go in series production now :p

IMG_8297.jpeg

IMG_8311.jpeg

oldmaninbc

Hey guys. I am so sorry.. I am so busy atm and I was honestly sick of reporting due to the issues I am facing. It was obvious that the plant can’t show what they want to and I found out that I made a mistake with changing my soil.. last Thursday I potted all plants near to death and ugly af into 3l Rosepots. Base is my outdoor peat soil ;) Never change a running system hah ?!

Here you can see the change from Thursday to todays morning. Since 2 days I am busy twice a day with LST :) things are getting better..

My box left prototype stage behind and I can go in series production now :p

View attachment 18972428

View attachment 18972427
Hey Calle, it's good to see you back and full of determination!

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Hope that all your issues and topics improve like those plants :)

Today’s improvement is obvious.. and it’s also obvious that I am a bloody indoor beginner.. xD I made this special mistake with randomly pushing the permanent button on the time controller. Should been happened while cleaning after the potting on Thursday xD 24h light.. Ok better now then later and I can really laugh about it.. haha..

6am
IMG_8275.jpeg

8pm
IMG_8355.jpeg

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
A phone light app might be useful

Hi bro. Thanks for your always extensive thoughts - much appreciated!

It wasn’t cold but maybe too wet but i’m tending that the main reason was the sprouting soil I used. I used it again pure to sprout instead of 50/50 with the current one and 6/7 beans died! Crazy.

The survivors are kind of happy now and boosting side branches. I also found the first Girl. #N1 Krinkled leaves and few resin drops were the initial notice.

Morning Glory

IMG_8395.jpeg

#N1
IMG_8397.jpeg

And … some morning yoga..

IMG_8398.jpeg

@oldmaninbc

Hope everything is fine with your surgery!

Ca++

Jacks Magic wasn't it?
I just did 11 beans between 3 and 10yo in that, and they all came up.

7 days between watering is a long time. It's getting too wet. Leading to heavy leaves and N signs. Plants pull oxygen from the water as a primary nutrient, and they take it quick. Water sat about for a week is pretty flat. The pots are too big, but you can compensate with just watering a little, instead of nearing runoff. Basically a 7th of what you did. To get daily watering, Though tbh a lot of people are happy giving 3 days worth

High light was the big issue. They are not well enough for that much light. Perhaps they never could be, in just soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts