What's new

David bowie rejects "coldplay" invite

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was reading that bowie rejected "coldplay" when they asked if he would duet for a track on there latest album,,,,
nice one bowie! and although i like a few of coldplays songs and i imagine they are very good live [albeit in a small venue like hammersmith] and my missus likes them,,,,,
its the fact that they along with "mumford and sons" are basically landed gentry " bluebloods" and i find it very hard to listen to bands that write songs about the "working classes" and have never had to worry bout paying a bill or debt of any kind since they have had holes in there arses,,,,
totally patronising,,,condesending pricks,,,,,
"mumford and sons" met at one of the most expensive private schools in the uk and coldplay at exeter uni [chris martins parents own a large area of devon],,,,,
mumfords early "one man and a dog" gigs and whilst learning there " trade" were funded by one of the members parents,,,,
my problems is i detest the class system and the two bands i mentioned are endemic of this,,,,
along with benedict cumberbatch telling his audience at his recent shakespere play,, what there priniples should be?[regarding refugee situation],,,,cheek of the prick:moon:,,,,
so back to a working class south london lad who told the "mighty" coldplay, "thanks but no thanks cos the song is no good",,,,
i imagine hearing that your song is that shit from David bowie that he wont even consider recording it would have hurt "coldplay" more then any tax bill,,,,,
so back to fruit smoothies and saving the world for coldplay lol,,
i detest the class system with a passion and pricks like the above who continue to perpetrate the system whilst trying to fool peeps that " they are down with the people",,,,
bollocks to that,,,,blue-blooded bunch of tossers,,,,,s2

window

Veteran
Ha Ha, I'm 100℅ with you on this 944, I can't stand these upper class pricks and there whiny music.
I was told Chris Martin was a virgin till he met Paltrow and he was quoted as saying something like " I've just discovered boobies". WTF? Lol.

Thank god Bowie didn't do it.:biggrin:

mowood3479

Veteran
Ya fuck old money... I bet that shit is even worse in England than in the states... Idk if that's true, I just imagine with the royalty thing n whatnot that it must be pretty entrenched

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha Ha, I'm 100℅ with you on this 944, I can't stand these upper class pricks and there whiny music.
I was told Chris Martin was a virgin till he met Paltrow and he was quoted as saying something like " I've just discovered boobies". WTF? Lol.

Thank god Bowie didn't do it.:biggrin:
hey window,,
right on mate!,,,,ya know "mumford and sons" went to christchurch before oxbridge....."working in the field all day" they sing,,,lol pricks,,,s2

Ya fuck old money... I bet that shit is even worse in England than in the states... Idk if that's true, I just imagine with the royalty thing n whatnot that it must be pretty entrenched
oh yeah morwood,,and when chris/gwynni was still married they used to bang on about ,how they use the london underground to travel,,,,just the two of them! lol,,how nice! they forgot to mention the 4 man mountains in front and behind them lol,,
blue-bloods masquarading as "normal peeps",,,,,
revolting,revolting,,,revolting,,,,:),,,s2

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
coldplay has like 2 good songs...hell I don't blame him ...he was prob finishing his last own album and was sick too...and they suck ..ya that's it...yeehaw

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GAWD!!!
The things people worry about these days is so fucking...

I don't know how to say it...

...Ridiculously...

All opinions aside...

Does art mimick reality or is it the reciprocal?

...First world issues!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
coldplay bwaaah ha ha ha ....2 songs I can stand..the others make me wanna beat them up...yeehaw..I have a feeling the fact he was slowly dying and was doing his own thing had something to do with it..as a creative artist I bet otherwise he would have...rip my man...