What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

darkness to increase resin

Three Berries

One more week. The trics are starting to turn.

So I know this increases the resin. Is there any benefit to more resin?

Would it be better to chop at the end of the light cycle? That's what I use to do.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What would the experts suggest I do to make this OHSK make trics? It wants to be a good smelling plant, but has no frost. At 11:00 ON now, light power around 700 umoles. Any higher and the tent gets hotter than the humidity for VPD.

DSC01370.JPG

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
10 hours, 12 hours, whatever it was, was that not for the entire flowering cycle. Like 65 days of 10 hours, perhaps.
We are talking about 62 of those days running at 100% so if the last 3 were 50% days, you couldn't notice the difference by smoking. It's about 2.5%

I suggest we are physically seeing more goop on the buds, as we have effected transpiration. The sticky stalks oozing under the extra pressure from the stomata not opening as a response to photosynthesis. The excretions not evaporating in the lower temps of lights off.

Some strains seem to not produce a lot of resin until they are chopped and drying. I think it's simply coming out from within.

Does anything feed on the resin? I have found bugs stuck to buds before, but have only seen bees look at them and move away. Common opinion is the resin is protection. In which case, thinking you are in your final days, would you bother making more? It's the end of summer, so why buy sunglasses.

I think it's just plant sap coming out under the extra internal pressure from not opening the stomata. It's the only logical idea I have

Edit: 3 days added to a 45 day crop, is 7.5% longer. Perhaps nothing more than a 7.5% loss in production.