What's new

Dan's Perpetual Experiment 2

DanTheReggaeFan

Hey guys, so I'm in a new spot and finally decided to set up a new grow. My last one I had to scrap because my landlord decided to sell my flat half way through which was a real bitch because I'd used most of my best seeds for that one but such is life we move on. It's going to be pretty much exactly the same as my last one. I had originally planned on going fully organic for this one but I don't really have the money for all the necessary supplies right now so will be going with coco again because I still have some unopened nutes and all I need to buy is a bag of coco to get up and running. Also I've done a few successful coco grows in the past and could do with having a successful grow this time without having the usual teething problems that I inevitably would have had growing in a new style.

The plan is to start in Root Riot cubes (germinated yesterday 1/4/21) then transplant into coco when they show roots. I did add some Mykos mycorrhizal to the holes because I read that some people roll their seeds in it so it gets inoculated with the myco as soon as the tap root pops. I've never actually done that before so I hope I haven't fucked it up. I'll then be putting them in a small 75cm x 75cm x 130cm tent under a 125w CFL. I'll be using Shogun nutes. I then plan on vegging until they fill up the tent then moving them to a 120cm x 120cm x 2m tent under a 400w light. I'll then take some clones off each and put them in the CFL tent and carry on vegging the others for about a week under the 400w. Then I'll flip to flower and bump up the light to 600w. I had to scrap my last one before I got a chance to take clones so could do with some advice when I get there.

The strains I'll be running this time are:

Purple Punch x Gelato 33 (Purple City Genetics) x 3 Fem
Purple Punch x M.A.C. (Purple City Genetics) x 1 Fem
Strawberry Eclair (G13 Labs) x 3 Fem
Crumbled Lime (Karma Genetics) x 1 Reg
Skullcap (Karma Genetics) x 1 Reg

I'm hoping I find some keepers in these and that the regs are female. I've grown Crumbled Lime and Skullcap before and the CL was a great plant, super frosty, good yield, great high with a unique terp profile that's hard to describe but was really nice. I'm hoping for the same pheno because I wasn't able to take cuts last time. The Skullcap I grew last time unfortunately turned out to be male which was a real shame because it had a great structure and was a really healthy looking plant. It was so hard cutting that one down. I've also grown 1 Strawberry Eclair before which grew a huge forearm sized cola that smelled exactly like strawberry skittles but ended up getting mold so I ended up throwing the whole plant. I'm hoping for a more Strawberry Cough/Cookies leaning pheno from that line rather than the Casey Jones leaning pheno I had then. Tbh I wasn't really planning on running it again but like I said before I used most of my best seeds for the run I had to scrap and I gave away a load of seeds so didn't have too many to choose from.

Anyway that's the plan. Hopefully this time it actually works. If anyone's got any advice I'd appreciate it.

1.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

So it's been a while but finally have a little update. I fucked up a bit and left the seedlings in the propagator too long then went to work and forgot to open the vents and came home to all seedlings really shrivelled up and practically dead. It took a few weeks to nurse them back but eventually 5 pulled through. I ended up losing 2 and 2 never sprouted in the first place so I'm left with 2 Purple Punch x Gelato 33, 2 Strawberry Eclairs and the Crumbled Lime. It took a while but they seem to be near enough back to normal and all growing healthy new growth so I should hopefully be posting a bit more now. One of the Strawberry Eclairs topped itself when the first set of leaves shrivelled up and then I topped all of them again 2 days ago and I think I might start LSTing at the weekend. Also I popped 2 more seeds, a Black D.O.G. and a Sapphire O.G. by Humboldt Seed Co. but neither of those seems to be dong anything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	3 Size:	106.0 KB ID:	17850523

Last edited:

DanTheReggaeFan

As you can see I've put 4 of them on books to keep an even canopy with the Crumbled Lime. I'm also pretty sure I can see female pre flowers on the CL which I'm really happy about because I didn't want to lose any more than I already have and the last CL I grew was a great all round pheno so I'm hoping for something similar this time. That means I should have 5 to work with if my eyes aren't deceiving me. The 2 seeds I planted recently to top up the numbers both cracked but said fuck it and just gave up before they broke ground which is unfortunate but that's life I guess.

DanTheReggaeFan

I transplanted them into their final pots over the weekend and then re LST'd them. They're getting a bit big for this tent now but I need to wait until the end of the month to get some new blackout curtains for the room then I'll put them into the bigger tent. I'm probably going to skip putting them under the 250w and just go straight under the 400w because they've been in this tent a little longer than originally planned. I'm pretty sure that should be fine but does anyone see any problems going from a 125w to 400w? I might also give them a light defoliation over the weekend because some of the big leaves are covering other tops and bud sights now.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

Getting real crowded in here. I really need to get them into the bigger tent but I have to wait another week or so. They've been LST'd a lot so they're pretty short but really bushy with lots of tops I just need to get them under the 400w so they can spread out a bit and get some vertical growth. Quick question for anyone here, when I take cuttings should I take them from the main tops or the lower smaller branches?

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

It's been a few weeks since my last update because I've been really busy but been taking pics throughout. I got them in the bigger tent under the 600W now and they were getting pretty big so were flipped to flower on the 10th. I was LST'ing all through veg so now have some nice little bushes. They're already overcrowded like all my grows lol. I'm pretty sure it is because I'm getting what looks to be slight wind burn on some of them, but can anyone tell me if the oscillating fan I have in there is overkill? I think it is. It was originally bought for my 2 light tent which it was great for but I think it's a bit much for this smaller tent. My only other option on hand is my little 6" clip on fan unless I buy another one. Tbh I could use the floor space that's why I'm asking for anyone's opinion.

Also I took clones for the first time on the 8th. I had 24 Root Riots so took 5 off 4 and 4 off 1. I'm really hoping some of them root because I had to make a makeshift propagator out of an old storage box because they wouldn't fit in my regular one.

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

48.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

49.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

I've also got a problem if anyone can help. I think something might be eating my plants. On some branches and stems it looks like there are little balls of a sap like substance as if something has bitten it then left and this substance has leaked out once its gone if that makes sense. The fresher looking stuff looks red then it seems to dry to a yellowish white colour as time goes by. I've searched all over the plants themselves checking every inch of them top to bottom and top and bottom of all leaves and I can't see anything on them and when I'm in the tent I can't see anything flying about so I'm stumped. Has anyone seen anything like this before. All growth seems to be fine on all affected plants but I'd rather sort this out before it gets out of hand or gets too far into flower. I'm already 4 days in but there's no white hairs yet so hopefully I've still got a little time to spray if I need to. Should I just get some neem oil to be safe? Sorry for the low quality pics but if I go any closer my phone loses focus and you can't see anything.

52_LI.jpg

53_LI.jpg

54_LI.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

2 weeks into flower today. Now they've finished stretching I'm going to lollipop them again tomorrow because I didn't do it drastic enough before the flip.

Strawberry Eclair #1

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

Any constructive criticism is welcome. Also I know it's early and they've been LST'd a lot but can anyone tell what leaning phenos I might have?

The parents are:

Strawberry Eclair - (Girl Scout Cookies x Strawberry Cough) x Casey Jones
Crumbled Lime - Citron Cookies (Jillybean x GSC) x Biker Kush
Purple Punch x Gelato #33

DanTheReggaeFan

They were pretty overgrown so I did some lollipopping now the stretch is done.

Strawberry Eclair #1

95.jpg

97.jpg

96.jpg

Strawberry Eclair #2

92.jpg

94.jpg

93.jpg

Crumbled Lime

98.jpg

100.jpg

99.jpg

Purple Punch x Gelato#33 #1 (forgot to take a before pic)

104.jpg

105.jpg

Purple Punch x Gelato #33 #3

101.jpg

103.jpg

102.jpg

Group shot 1 from yesterday before the trim and 1 from today after the trim

91.jpg

106.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

Week 5 Day 1. I took them out today to give them a mini flush to help avoid any salt build up so thought I'd take a few pics.

Strawberry Eclair #1

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

Strawberry Eclair #2

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

Crumbled Lime

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

Purple Punch x Gelato #33 #1

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

DanTheReggaeFan

Week 6 Day 1. Just some bud shots taken a few days ago

Purple Punch x Gelato #33 #1

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

Strawberry Eclair #1

136.jpg

137.jpg

Strawberry Eclair #2

134.jpg

135.jpg

Crumbled Lime

138.jpg

Group shot

127.jpg

I think the Crumbled Lime looks a week behind the rest so unfortunately that's going to be harvested a bit premature because I dry in my flower space but the rest seem to be coming along fine. I think I'm going to take them around 9 weeks. I might chop the PPxG #1 at 8 weeks because I can usually dry one plant in my wardrobe but I'm still undecided at the moment

DanTheReggaeFan

None of my clones made it so I planted some more seeds. I went with a few Ethos Genetics this time.

3 x White Wedding RBx Fem - Wedding Cake x (Mandarin Cookies x CrescendO)
3 x End Game RBx ‘The Punch Line’ Fem - Cherry Punch x (Cherry Punch x Ethos Cookies #16) x Ethos Cookies #4
3 x Lemon Diesel Reg - Lemon Diesel x Lilac Diesel Bx4
3 x Thug Roze Reg - Roze Zkittlez x Lilac Diesel
3 x Blackberry Kush Fem

The LD, TR and BK were all freebies. The LD and TR are Ethos Genetics but I'm not sure about the BK. All 15 sprouted so I'm actually hoping for some males for the first time to free up some space. I also bought a new aero cloner so hopefully I can actually keep some of the keepers around this time.

139.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts