What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

D-Train (white domina x qrazy train)

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!

The game has changed. My last run I used the full Roots Organic bottle line and promix. I topped and trained but I am going to be doing things a little different this time.

Marlo got me think about a "just add water" run and I didn't think it could be done simply or if I was even capable. I researched night and day and I have decided to go with Subcool's super soil and I couldnt be more excited. I am running more than 4-5 5gall smartie so its not like I need a lot of supersoil. I cut his recipe in half. This is what I mixed up this afternoon:

2 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil. I used FFOF and FF Happy Frog bc that is what I have access to (i.e., your base soil)
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
20 ounces steamed bone meal
20 ounces bloom bat guano
20 ounces blood meal
5 ounces of kelp meal
10 ounces of alfalfa meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid
7 tablespoons of Roots Oregonism

I mixed it all up in a baby pool and will be "cooking" it in a 35gall garbage can with lid. I am bubbling 2-3 gallons of water to de-chlorinate and will water tomorrow to get everything activated. At week 4, I will pour it back out in the baby pool, mix thoroughly and age 2 more weeks in trashcan before using...

Super Soil will be in the bottom half of the pot, the rest will be FFOF/FFHF as my base soil.

I have placed 8 D-Trains (white domina x qrazy train) in rapid rooters and have them under t-5s. I also popped one (1) DinaFem Blue Widow and one (1) Reserva Privada Confidential Cheese. For a total of ten seeds.

The seeds have been in plugs for 24 hrs and the soil was mixed up this afternoon.

I am going to be MAINLINING all of my plants and will keep a log as I go with excellent pics. The thought is to top and train evenly so I have 8 nice colas on each plant. I will be taking clones early and flowering to find sex and eliminate males immediately. At this point in time, I have no need for them.

Other than that, setup hasn't changed. Secret Jardin DR90 with a 400/600 hps dependings on temps. Just bought a 2 ft (8) bulb t5 which will handle the majority of veg. I will blast with 400mh for 2-3 weeks before flipping the lights.

This is only my third run so I am new to this but learning fast. This is more than a hobby to me. This is my passion and I am grateful to provide wonderful cannabis to myself and a select couple friends.

P/S= I might be purchasing Tropf Blumats to further automate this process. Having the amended soil will make this much easier to begin with. Besides the carbs on day 25, 35 and 45, I plan on only adding tap water. The d-trains should finish around 60 days.

budman678

Veteran
A few pics to wet your whistles...

A few pics to wet your whistles...

this is pretty much everything. there are two rows of DTE products..all is said and done, i spent about 100 bucks on everything i need for about 4 batches of SS, minus the bags of base soil...

WRBeD.jpg

my assortment of seeds, root riots stay wet...

nF3R9.jpg

6QyJq.jpg

I have two left...

6QYfV.jpg

Smokindogcujo

This should be good. Is this the same strain nugbuckets was running? Looking forward to your grow!

Grow Safe

SDC

budman678

Veteran
This will be very good. My first time mainlining, using super soil and just adding water. That is going to change my life. I will be patient with this and learn as much as possible. Nugbuckets has been an inspiration to me and I can't wait to get another grow off the. Ground.

budman678

Veteran
This should be good. Is this the same strain nugbuckets was running? Looking forward to your grow!

Grow Safe

SDC

these beans came from a friend of mine. a wonderful kind person with a serious green thumb ;-)

budman678

Veteran
Update:

Nothing to report. Almost 4days and not a single seed has broken the surface. I have forgotten how anxious i get when germinating seeds...

Latest update:

Did a little rooting around. Most if not all the seeds are about to pop through. I am hoping a few break free by the morning. It happens fast when it does. I may have buried them a little deep from the get go...i removed some bits and pieces of the rapid rooters to give them the path of least resistance. i think they thanked me for it. I will tune back. I post a lot in my threads bc i get really fucking exciting popping seeds. this is so much fun. it will be around halloween when i have some nugs but it really should be BUMPER crop. this is the summer of seriously heavy training

Last edited:

budman678

Veteran
I turned the super soil a little today. we have been having some very warm days and it seems as though the soil still smells strong but nothing too funky. i put this lid back on the rubbermaid trash can and will let it do its thing for another 3 weeks before dumping it and totally mixing it up. throw it back in the can and cook for another 2-4 weeks....

i will be putting about 50% SS in each 5gall square geo-pot and then base soil around plant and hoping to just add water to harvest.

these geopots are sick too. have only a 10x10 foot print too! 5 galls!

images

budman678

Veteran
2 d-trains are up with the rest about the pop...

the confidential cheese is up as well!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:tiphat:

I made it

Do us proud budman, .. Lovin' the sweet soil, .. I run a similar mix to yours, and I've been feeding with the EJ line, just about once every 15 days or so. Works out to about 3-4 times per cycle.

If you've not already, order the damned blumats, por favor. You'll immediately enjoy not being a slave to the watering can..

Heck, sooner'n later, we oughtta start puttin' the pressure on you to ditch that stupid reflector and just hang the bare bulb tall-ways.. :dance:

But until then, do the tasty soil and blumats, and you'll be well on your way to garden nirvana.. :dance013:

budman678

Veteran

I made it

Do us proud budman, .. Lovin' the sweet soil, .. I run a similar mix to yours, and I've been feeding with the EJ line, just about once every 15 days or so. Works out to about 3-4 times per cycle.

If you've not already, order the damned blumats, por favor. You'll immediately enjoy not being a slave to the watering can..

Heck, sooner'n later, we oughtta start puttin' the pressure on you to ditch that stupid reflector and just hang the bare bulb tall-ways.. :dance:

But until then, do the tasty soil and blumats, and you'll be well on your way to garden nirvana.. :dance013:

vertical interests me but i want to dominate the traditional HID with reflector style of growing. i love growing my own smoke and i have invested a lot of time and money into my setup. i would like to get a secret jardin propagator tent for clones and poppin beans. ideally would like to upgrade the dr90 3x3 to something more the size of a 5x10 with two 600s

but that is neither here nor there. almost all have come up and are cute baby sprouts...i believe i buried the seeds a little deep and as a result have taken their sweet time...this is day 6 since putting them in root riots.

i have one 1d-train takin its time and the dinafem bluewidow is slow to rise....other than that, things be lookin sexy

This is a full tutorial on main-liningit should give you a better perspective on what i am trying to accomplish. its simply a technique off topping and training to give all colas equal energy transfer

budman678

Veteran
broody chicken, i had just taken her for a swing by her feet in an attempt to break her....it didnt work, i ended up having to isolate her for almost a week

Ml4Rx.jpg

this is our buff orpington and silver laced wyandotta

PERdc.jpg

miss cleo

2gGz1.jpg

black dog enjoying a little sun earlier this year

l1Zoo.jpg

waiting for these bitches to get in one gallons and then the fun will begin!

budman678

Veteran
baby pics

baby pics

look, there aint no two ways about it. I have a lot to learn on how to properly grow cannabis. I believe i am learning a lot by reading and growing myself. "repetition is the mother of memory" - some smart person

i have had beans in rapid rooters for 6 days now.

I went 8 for 8 with d-trains

keXHZ.jpg

raplv.jpg

The dinafem blue widow decided to party

izBoy.jpg

THe confidential cheese im about to give up on, so i dropped a DNA genetics connie chung in there for shits and giggles...if the con. cheese decides to party i will deal with it then...

anyways, i hear of people having thier beans break the surface in 1-2 days. that is insane, i have on stubborn girl that is just not shedding the seed husk. admittedly, i believe i placed them too deep in the RRs but the end result will be all good...

just a little update, i bet everyone is just excited as i am...

i am guessing 3-5 days before i stick em in 1gall pots and starting having fun. just purchased this 8bulb t5 so i am going to see how long it will take me.

also, i am burnt and forgot the seedpack label. does dinafem make a fem connie chung? dna ?

Last edited:

budman678

Veteran
also, wanted to post a pic of my favorite photo i have ever taken of my fav band..

the phish from vermont!

G8wEM.jpg

silver hawaiian

Veteran
budman

Do you always germ right in the medium? I prefer to sprout 'em in between a couple damp paper towels in a baggie, atop the cable box (or router, lately).

I like it a bit better than right into the medium, 'cause I can peek and see what's doin'. Although, I suppose it's all the same. I can peek in the towels and see no action, or you can peek atop the medium and see the same. :dunno:

In re: the vertical setup, .. No question it's possible to kill it with an overhead setup - nameless gets 3+ p's out of 3 600s overhead. That's definitely the exception IMO. Seems to me it's much easier to crank the GPW in a vert setup..

This was my first vert run, and I'm getting stalks that are all bud (hard mode, baby) for 12"+. Heck, the main stalk on my Nightmare Diesel #1 is every bit of 18", probably closer to 24". I firmly believe there's a remarkable difference in light penetrating downward through the canopy vs. blasting the plant from bottom to top.

Anyway, may ways to fuck this cat - we'll just hold the tail, you do the rest.

budman678

Veteran
budman

Do you always germ right in the medium? I prefer to sprout 'em in between a couple damp paper towels in a baggie, atop the cable box (or router, lately).

I like it a bit better than right into the medium, 'cause I can peek and see what's doin'. Although, I suppose it's all the same. I can peek in the towels and see no action, or you can peek atop the medium and see the same. :dunno:

In re: the vertical setup, .. No question it's possible to kill it with an overhead setup - nameless gets 3+ p's out of 3 600s overhead. That's definitely the exception IMO. Seems to me it's much easier to crank the GPW in a vert setup..

This was my first vert run, and I'm getting stalks that are all bud (hard mode, baby) for 12"+. Heck, the main stalk on my Nightmare Diesel #1 is every bit of 18", probably closer to 24". I firmly believe there's a remarkable difference in light penetrating downward through the canopy vs. blasting the plant from bottom to top.

Anyway, may ways to fuck this cat - we'll just hold the tail, you do the rest.

i subscribe to subcools method of germination...stick the bean in about .5inch, water and be patient. of course, being patient is the hardest step (although i am getting MUCH better with patience). im afraid germing with paper towels and than transplanting the delicate tap root will fuck me in the end. i have 5 more week before my soil is ready to use so am in no rush...jars are gettin kind of low though.

this is going to be a really fun grow and i believe the mainlining technique is going to more than double my previous GPW. also, i am working with some killer genetics. this d-train should be the DEALIO

once again, i feel like a total weed nerd but i am IN LOVE with tga subcool. i am def a sour diesel guy, but subcool breeds the dank. i realize he is a polarizing figure in this industry and there seems to be alot of unnecessary beef with him.

also, his supersoil is going to be killer. i cant wait to add water and get away from the bottled nutes industry

nugbuckets

heres a few pics of the D-Train to keep yall nice and fuzzy....go get em' brother....patience is everything...don't forget....nugs

Attachments

• mainline centers 024.jpg
    mainline centers 024.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 18
  • nugbuckets-11.jpg
    nugbuckets-11.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 18
  • nugbuckets-9.jpg
    nugbuckets-9.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 18
  • nugbuckets-8.jpg
    nugbuckets-8.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 18

silver hawaiian

Veteran
This might be a rare occasion (in this community) that I'm okay with having kept my head in the sand. (Like I do when the f*cking Kardashians or Bachelor is on my TV) :wallbash:

I don't know the first about subcool from a dirt recipe perspective, but .. The proof is (or isn't) in the pudding. If it's worked for you in the past, awesome! I used what I'll call the nameless dirt mix last time 'round, and it did me quite well. But, my gut still tells me that a tea a few times throughout is a good thing. (After all, aren't there critters shitting and dying on the floor of a forest/plain/whatever, throughout the season?)

Can you explain the mainlining thing to be in budman lingo? I'll be honest - I checked the link, but it seemed like the poster there did a lousy f*cking job explaining what he's talking about. I get it, the idea is for all stems to come from a single node, but.. ? I'd love to see some pictures to demonstrate, or at least a better textual description..?

PS - x2 on the GPW is a serious claim, but lessee :ying: