What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crossed 2 Awesome plants but lost most of the beans...now What?

johnnyla

Veteran
Ok, so i had like a 100 beans of two amazing strains that i crossed, gave some away, and lost some due to having to move.

So i have 12 seeds left, and might be able to hunt down 20 more.

Is it worth growing these out? What would be the best way to expand my gene pool with those 12 seeds if it is worth it.

Thanks!

Happy Holidaze!!!!:santa1::tree:

P.S. lost the parents too. Long story.

Ca++

6 months earlier, you did the green crack, with the worms. Then expressed a liking for white widow a few months after.
I don't know when you did the beans, but perhaps that helps your memory.

I see no problem doing a selection with just two beans. Though more beans gives a better chance of finding a winner. If you can get 30 together, then you should see a good range of what was in the 100. Just 10 though, is a side project. Certainly worth a look, if you are that happy with the rents.

Was it a girl/boy cross on purpose? (I'm trying to jog your memory)

johnnyla

Veteran
6 months earlier, you did the green crack, with the worms. Then expressed a liking for white widow a few months after.
I don't know when you did the beans, but perhaps that helps your memory.

I see no problem doing a selection with just two beans. Though more beans gives a better chance of finding a winner. If you can get 30 together, then you should see a good range of what was in the 100. Just 10 though, is a side project. Certainly worth a look, if you are that happy with the rents.

Was it a girl/boy cross on purpose? (I'm trying to jog your memory)
This was from 2010. I have much better beans now. I wish I had some of those cuts I had back then. I just reacquainted sour diesel that skunktek has. Thanks for the reply!

johnnyla

Veteran
Just because you got newer beans now don't mean they're better.
In fact I'd bet if you grew them 2010 beans out itd be better a product than alot of newer stuff
I’m very picky of seeds I buy. I wish I had the clone only’s From back then.

I just ordered Sowabunga from Skunktek and he said one of the phenos is better than his sour diesel. It’s possible to find better stuff if you run enough seeds. Part of the problem is genetic bottle neck, part of it has to do with low numbers.

Latest posts

Latest posts