What's new

Creating F1 autoflowering seeds

QcGold

SWIM is looking to create some good quality auto-flowering seeds.
SWIM is concerned that he might loose some vigor if he just pollinate two F1 from the same strain therefore getting F2 seeds. What two true-breed auto-flowering strains could be crossed to produce good quality F1 seeds?

QcGold

After SWIM first post the breeder laboratory section became available.
If you feel this post is more appropriate there please feel free to transfer it.
Thanks

C

cork144

id say you would have to start off with a batch of seeds,

then start breeding 2 different auto lines from them, selecting one side as a less stretchy auto and the other with some stretch,

take both lines to about the 5th generation, then cross the 2 seperate lines together,

with anyluck it could create some hybrid vigor and some uniform f1's,

dont hold me to this though, the practice can be more overwhelming than the theory.

QcGold

id say you would have to start off with a batch of seeds,

then start breeding 2 different auto lines from them, selecting one side as a less stretchy auto and the other with some stretch,

take both lines to about the 5th generation, then cross the 2 seperate lines together,

with anyluck it could create some hybrid vigor and some uniform f1's,

dont hold me to this though, the practice can be more overwhelming than the theory.

What does SWIY mean by 2 different auto-line, 2 different phenotype of the seeds harvested by the crossing of two auto flowering strain?

I

IceColdCrickets

I would love to see Blue Streak x Auto AK47. OR Sour 60 x Auto Ak47, GOOD LUCK!!!

get some pollen from a male Autoflower that has good attributes and then after that find a nice Autoflower female about 3 weeks old and impregnate her with the Auto male pollen

crossing an auto to auto is very easy and works every generation (find good parents though for stability)

Creating a new auto strain cross from a regular strain and an Auto takes 5 to 7 back crossed Generations (1 to 2 YEARS)

I will graciously accept any auto pollen...:) PM me !!