What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Great outdoors

Cream Caramel
This strain is really a winner 🏆
Yield was 773 grams of tops and 190 grams of seconds. This was with cutting 150cm or so off the top of the plant half way through budding. If it could of held itself up it would have been well over a kilo. Really hard nugs and a really good calyx to leaf ratio especially for an indica.
Smell is a beautiful chocolate caramel and dry toke and taste are the same but with hashy undertones. Never had this flavor before and I love it. Really smooth again right down to the roach. On the lower end of strong but still not to much of a couch lock for an indica. I really like this strain and I am not typically a big indica guy.
Not a drop of mold, even with the super hard nugs. Even lower buds that are still on the plant from the last couple weeks of 5C and rain have no mold.
This strain is definitely worthy and I would grow it again with out hesitation.

PXL_20211028_193856566.jpg

Tops

PXL_20211028_193929223.jpg

Seconds

PXL_20211028_194008575.jpg

Making up a batch of Cream Caramel Scotch. I can only hope it adds that chocolate caramel flavor.

PXL_20211029_003956748.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
image_2083546.jpg
image_2083547.jpg
image_2083548.jpg
image_2083549.jpg
Not good … only one finished … I should have known better ,but was a tad enthusiastic :shucks:

Great outdoors

Not good … only one finished … I should have known better ,but was a tad enthusiastic :shucks:

Nothing wrong with a little gambling. As long as you don't put all your eggs in one basket 🧺.
That first pic that plant is sure loaded with some nice looking buds. Are the bud pics the same plant?
We just had our first hard freeze here last night. 2 to 3 weeks early this year. I think I will put this fall on record as the coldest, rainiest I have seen in my 30+ years living here.

funkyhorse

Why dont you try a greenhouse?
Outdoors here is not much different than your experience, more or less at this time of autumm(end of april southern hemisphere) depending on the year is 10 days more or less and season is over. Only in greenhouse here you can do long flowering sativas and I think in your area situation is same.
You can light dep a greenhouse or use aditional lighting depending on your needs and you can heat it as well if you need
From my first year outdoor in a greenhouse I got some of the best weed I smoked this century
For a countryside grower anywhere in the world and in any latitude including tropics, greenhouse is probably the best option

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Outdoors here is not much different than your experience, more or less at this time of autumm(end of april southern hemisphere) depending on the year is 10 days more or less and season is over. Only in greenhouse here you can do long flowering sativas and I think in your area situation is same.
You can light dep a greenhouse or use aditional lighting depending on your needs and you can heat it as well if you need
From my first year outdoor in a greenhouse I got some of the best weed I smoked this century
For a countryside grower anywhere in the world and in any latitude including tropics, greenhouse is probably the best option

That is part of my agenda:wave:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing wrong with a little gambling. As long as you don't put all your eggs in one basket 🧺.
That first pic that plant is sure loaded with some nice looking buds. Are the bud pics the same plant?
We just had our first hard freeze here last night. 2 to 3 weeks early this year. I think I will put this fall on record as the coldest, rainiest I have seen in my 30+ years living here.
Yes and I’ll tell you why this was a success,, I discovered an early finished Haze Hybrid …she epic:shucks: got the clone…no all my eggs were not in one basket;)…I have a lot of baskets

Great outdoors

Two things I don't personally like about a greenhouse. You get more stretch from the reduced light is one. But the big one is you take the plants out of there natural balance with bugs and predators and now you are stuck spraying your plants much like indoor. Outdoors I never have to spray anything for pest management and that bodes well for me as I don't want to be smoking plants that have been sprayed. Don't care if it is only in veg, I like my weed all natural.

Great outdoors

Yes and I’ll tell you why this was a success,, I discovered an early finished Haze Hybrid …she epic:shucks: got the clone…no all my eggs were not in one basket;)…I have a lot of baskets

Exactly, worth going against the grain and doing a little experimenting sometimes 👍

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The hardest part was cutting them down because there was no point to it anymore I knew this subconsciously over a month ago … I had to cull a 12 foot pure OHaze plant … Hardest cut of all …live and learn even at my old age…ps I still have more flowers than I know what do do with:biggrin:

Great outdoors

Psicodelicia
Very high marks for this strain. Great hybrid vigor. This plant was huge and gave me 1142 grams of tops and 102 grams of seconds even with removing 100 to 150cms off the top of the plant mid bud. Buds are fairly dense and a medium to high calyx to leaf ratio.
Smell is just like good old Double Bubble bubble gum. Taste is a light sweet skunk with a hint of bubble gum. Burns long and smooth again, fairly strong. I would say the strongest of the Sweet Seeds selection this year. High is a good up with a little body stone setting in after.
Quite mold resistant, a few grams of mold but nothing too bad especially for the size and density of the buds with the crappy weather we had this fall.
Overall very impressed with this strain. Fairly Sativa leaning, incredible growth, finished by the end of September and a nice and unique smell and taste. Would definitely grow again.

PXL_20211103_215448963.jpg

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Good work!! We're very glad to see you have enjoyed the grow and it seems like you have a good amount of medicine for the year ;)
Stay sweet!