What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cosmic Queen `````~ Mephisto Genetics

ion

The Cosmic Queen sits atop my shoulder whispering dainty things as I write this smoke review, classic WuTang in the background and my space filled with the sweet exhaust from the chillum.

Top Tier Family Growers provides us with Cosmic Queen flowers, bred very well from Mephisto Genetics. Presented as a sativa dominant hybrid of Space Dawg crossed with Chemdogging f5, the near-endless genetic lineage of this plant is fully complimented by the diverse taste and high. I can only imagine with a dozen or so seeds planted out of this variety the phenotypic expression could be very impressive, what a fucking roller coaster! I'll start with listing some of the players in this pen; Skunk #1, Super Skunk, Cinderella99, Snowdawg, Jack Herer, Haze, Chemdawg. Many generations of breeders went in to this cross, Cosmic Queen takes the nod from it's heritage and runs with it.

As for the rubber meeting the road? She is an excellent ride! And to highlight the premise that individual's experiences are as wide and varied as the indiviuals themselves, my first impression with smoking CQ was that it was indica dominant! After 3-4 rounds with her I decided to dig into the lineage and was pleasantly surprised to find her being sativa dominant. As with many things your sativa/indica mileage may vary, and though my preference being loftily lodged in the sativa realm I can say CQ has a complex, uplifting effect regardless of her parents and grandparents.

With flame near the tip of my chillum, I pull gently until ignition. Right off the top I get rotten fruit sitting on top a muffin or sourdough slice, skunk is faint but there.....but not only that, there's also hint of strong plasticy fuel? Yes! The fuel/skunk/food tastes mix together into something reminding me of dark fruity pipe tobacco that had your dad's aftershave dropped on it. Do not dismay! This is a most excellent thing! Cosmic Queen is either schizophrenic or a chameleon, the taste profile seems to change over the duration of a round of smoke regardless the size of the round, even for the larger sherlock bowls she gives compleXXXity! The previous 2 sessions I spent with her? I had 2yr old gas sitting in a can in a shed in the back taste that fully had me smitten with her. Many times I find myself really looking for tastes and smells on the slight taboo side, even for the fuel lovers; soap, plastic, old people potpourri odors, band aids, chemical solvents..........rarely do you get these smells being over-dominant, so when they poke through to add that little Uhmph, it's just damn dandy. The sweet taboo, with hints of fuel and skunk. Yes! Buds are nice and dense, the smell being reminiscent of fruity candy with pungent skunk underlying it.

And the high? The smoke is quite smooth, after a large sherlock bowl of going hard at it, then finishing it off, the throat was good and I had minimal coughing after heroic hits. Right off the top of the pull a Vision Acuity System Check happens and you know you just moved laterally 3 inches and didn't twitch a muscle, the sativa is noticeable right away but seems to just front run the whole show, announce itself, then step back behind the entourage. A nice healthy uptick in heart rate and pressure, but still moderate. After a few minutes the sativa kickoff leads to a very well balanced, uplifting, equanimous climb along a path of well-being, giggles and good old-fashioned stony. The myriad of aches and pains lurking around my body take a ciesta. The plateau is where I really feel the indica, after your climb you dip back down a few thousand feet then cruise along a long flight path of an alert, mind-friendly indica stone. The body is quite content wherever you place it but the mind is ready to engage. Wonderful. At the taper I feel like CQ drops you like a dirty overnight date, BOOM! Like out of nowhere, she just goes away w/o warning or even a kiss. Personally, I like those kind of girls. Right? It's a perfect opportunity to introduce yourself to another, post haste. She smokes great and true to the last pull, the last fading hit sweeter than the rest.

Nannymouse

Very nice report! I've found the 'changeling' aspect to be a taste thing in the spacequeen lines that i've sampled, too. This Cosmic Queen from Mephisto has a fanclub, ha.

I've sampled the Snowdawg /Querkle cross that was once (?) called QuadDawg (Dog?), i think it's a parent of CQ. Crossed it with the 75% spacequeen (not subby's lines) that i've had for a couple of decades, now (but still kept the 75% without the cross, also). I've found that my old line, Querkle and the QD to be very similar. If Mephisto has captured that in auto form....hurrrrayyyyy!

ion

Thank you, read many reports and this my first to express in writing. Not easy for me as I rarely pay attention to flavors and smells in a sense of nomenclature/aromatherapy/classification way, thinking is a bother for me when I smoke, I just pay attention to where it's leading me. for good or bad. 'changeling'.....that hits the mark! I've had harsh fuel tastes on occasional hits....and I keep the flame close enough as needed or less.....but when I look for it, Gone! the prominent flavor has now started reminding me of "pleasant industrial" smells. Nasty, fake, chemical smells when I absolutely have to go into walmrt and get something for my daughter....or have to walk through a mob of "professionals" on a hot summer day around dwntwn boston. enough cologne to make me scream!

Thats the taste I mostly get. In previously stated context, I cant stand it. When coming from cannabis my latent revulsion turns to admiration. why? dont know dont care. And the high isn't spectacular or pushy, even when i rip down a good bundle of it i never get to the point i think -wow im really high- but it still is a very nice ride, And....I keep going back to it with 30+ strains at my shelf.

I'll see if I can steal a pic and post it of the actual specimen, this was a review for the grower himself. ........The most interesting aspect of this flower for me is the fact it's the first time i've knowingly smoked auto.

p.s. this is an organic+ flower I smoked.

Last edited: