What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CORPORATIZING CANNABIS PRODUCTION IN MICHIGAN

shaggyballs

Veteran
Well corporate cannabis has demanded cutting out the caregivers to increases profit.
Your home grows are next to be axed due to the fact you are the competition.
We do not have home growing protecttion in our state constitution.
So I think we may be screwed already.

Welcome to the wonderful world of legalization...LOL

shaggyballs

Veteran
Why are you not worried?
They have already tried to remove home grows in MI.
You know they did right?
You don't believe it will be tried again?
Better think again is all I have to say to this statement.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well corporate cannabis has demanded cutting out the caregivers to increases profit.
Your home grows are next to be axed due to the fact you are the competition.
We do not have home growing protecttion in our state constitution.
So I think we may be screwed already.

Welcome to the wonderful world of legalization...LOL

Really concerned about changes- other states will follow?. Black market, and lower prices, I am guessing....

shaggyballs

Veteran
Big cannabiz marched all their employees down to Lansing to protest not making enough sales.
It seems to have been succesful too.
What is next for Mi.

shaggyballs

Veteran
“They’re stealing business that we’ve paid big annual licensing fees for,” Carter said. “This is a big deal.”

Miraculous Meds

“They’re stealing business that we’ve paid big annual licensing fees for,” Carter said. “This is a big deal.”

So whats the latest info shaggy? Last I heard clubs/dispensaries cant take products from caregivers anymore, but licensed growers can purchase products from caregivers, then test and sell it to dispensaries?

I see both sides of this. Not really fair for the people that have licenses. Also I would guess theres not enough licensed growers yet, to fill the dispensaries and patient/customer needs?

shaggyballs

Veteran
I think what you said is correct, it changes so fast.
I know the legal suppliers still cant keep up.

We are getting out of town weed sealed in small jars, not real sure.
It is pre-packaged with a tamper seal, fancy and good too.

I think caregiveers are still in the game but not much longer.

Those greedy corporate types want all the cash.
Once the get rid of caregivers they will pay lobbyists to remove all home grows too.
They gotta have it all, those greedy greedy bastards.

Quote from one of those greedy bastards:
About his competition.
“We are being pillaged by these people,” he said. “My lawyers are ready to launch rockets!”

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
So the big corporate growers/suppliers are bitching about competition from caregivers, even though they cannot supply the demand? In other words, what competition?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Ace sell a hemp strain with almost no cannabinoids or terpenes that will be ideal for joint breeding projects between coorperate grows and disgruntled growers.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
So the big corporate growers/suppliers are bitching about competition from caregivers, even though they cannot supply the demand? In other words, what competition?

Tons of Michigan weed is going to states with stricter laws. But they are all changing the rules and will not need import soon. They know this and want that money money money.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
The people driving in from out of state. Medical and rec states are the new Mexico.

I think I follow now. You’re saying folks are coming here, buying weed and taking it home and that that money isn’t lining the corporatists’ pockets, right? Who are the out-of-staters buying from? Dispensaries?