What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CORPORATIZING CANNABIS PRODUCTION IN MICHIGAN

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Kinda. Not sure if people looking for inexpensive weight and so called legal grows producing tons of crap in a race for the bottom is thriving.

sof2butch

Writing was on the wall for this years ago. Corrupt as all get out.

However, the cost isn't so prohibitive. A decent grower who has managed well with their 72, and hasn't had that as their sole income, could afford to make the transition.

I don't see the whole of Michigan going for mass produced product. There will be a good boutique market as long as you can produce true top shelf.

With those plant numbers you could actually get something accomplished as a breeder.

The reality is even in the last 4 years, the cannabis community has become the cannabis industry. It is going to be commercialized and monopolized. There is no stopping it.

The question is, what side of it do you want to be a part of? How are you going to adapt to the changes in order to stay relevant in an emerging industry?

We can keep places like ICmag the same by engaging and sharing on these forums to stay ahead of the curve and as an established community, discuss the industry.

I used to feel people who went corporate had jumped the ship and were to an extent betraying the culture. However, the reality is, someone is going to do it. It could be you. I'd rather members of our community step up and fill the industry than see it go to outsiders.

No reason 4 or 5 of you couldn't get together and form a true non-profit, establish a board, get a license and be true to the plant and work solely with sick/terminal type patients.

No reason a few of you couldn't get together and establish an LLC and get serious about what's coming and be the ones that make some money doing what you love.

Just saying. You know they are going to try and squeeze every penny out of it. Adapt or perish.

dank.Frank
i love your optimism! so many nay-sayers out there. always remember "in disparity lies opportunity". some see a horrible situation where the end is near, but i just see more and more opportunity. time to ramp up!

Will this be the end of an era? It's late summer here in Northern Michigan and there's a shortage of herb up here and elsewhere in the state. Nothing like it used to be when it was "dry" in times of summer droughts though in comparison with yesteryear and today.

BillFarthing

Veteran
~$250 a zip for organic hand trim. $150-200 a zip for good Glue etc. $125 a zip for the stuff from the North side with the knot in the bag.

The price hasn't changed much in 2 years.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
As a result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored or disclosed in the United States and may potentially be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
Welcome to the new Michigan Cannabis Monopoly.

View Image
They just straight up said they are gonna narc on us?
wtf.gif

shaggyballs

Veteran
I have heard high crimes has been buying up all the weed store here in Detroit.
Does anyone have info on this?

Latest posts

Latest posts