What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cookie Gas bubble hash, drying questions

Teh_Baker

So i made bubble hash for my first time. It is currently 4 days old, and has been drying on parchment paper and paper plates. I read to dry it out on cardboard, so i am trying that now. I also read that i shouldnt try to store and cure until its aprox 5% moisture. How am i to figure out its moisture content? The lager patties(73micron) on the PP in the picture are still very sticky, and i worry about them sticking to the cardboard. They were already sticking to paper plates and pulling off paper when i moved them, or losing hash to the plate. So what do i do now?

Attachments

• 20161111_161317.jpg
    20161111_161317.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 18
I do parchment paper on cardboard for 2 days w fans and a dehum

Then it gets scraped, and frozen in an open plastic bag overnight. This draws the water outside. Cardboard again...freeze...Cardboard... done. You can just tell...it will be a bone dry powder. I'm going to buy a coffee grinder for this specifically to get it an even consistency.

Teh_Baker

Ok, so dont answer me on your 2016 post then. Amazing i was just reading your 2016 grow. It looks beautiful. Ok so im going to try the freezer tonight on my 73 and see what it does. So you take it to bone dry, crumble it, and then press it again? Is that how you got the consistancy of your 73 on the last page of you 2016 outdoor grow?

Teh_Baker

I have been alternating between freezing in an open bag, and drying on cardboard since your reply. My big patties still have the consistency of laffy taffy. Im wondering if while i should shatter the patties while they are frozen. Will that help them dry faster, since they'd have lore surface area?

This morning before transferring to cardboard from the freezer I put the hash in a few turkey bags and smashed it with a hammer. Some people use cheese graters.

Teh_Baker

I kinda did that same thing, although smaller amount of hash, i smashed it with a spoon. Its on the bardboard again, we'll see how it goes.

Some of the cookies i started with...

Teh_Baker

It still does not want to dry, it just keeps clumping back to itself... its still sticky to the fingers when you try to play with it. Reminds me of toffee when you have a swamp cooler. So when i get home today im going to hook up my vacuum dessicator, and put the hash in there. Im Afraid my RH is too high for anything to dry out.

Latest posts

Latest posts