What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

continued misadventures in cannahoney

velorex

i use rosin from morroccan hash mixed with coconut fat and a bit of lecitin. normally i decarb it in a jar in hot water till it stops forming bubbles. this time (again) i was too stoned and fucked up. i put the coconut fat with the rosin before decarbing. heating it now, so far no sign of the decarb froth/bubbles i normally see. curious to see how it turns out. i used 25g of rosin and a tablespoon full of coconut fat. gonna leave it to decarb for a few hours in a jar placed in almost boiling water. will add a few hundred grams of honey to it as i usually do. always made for a tasty end product. last time i fucked up differently, and forgot the coconut oil. over time it seperated a bit, had to give it a nice stirr each time before eating it. used 55g of rosin for about 800 grams of honey. bit much taste of hash on that one. but boy was it fun. (and worked great for my friend with tremors) i should probably stop eating the last of the previous batch before cooking.
1000005722.jpg

finished mixing. ended up using a whole kilo of honey. looks and tastes great. almost midnight here now, so i'll hold of proper testing untill tomorrow.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
i use rosin from morroccan hash mixed with coconut fat and a bit of lecitin. normally i decarb it in a jar in hot water till it stops forming bubbles. this time (again) i was too stoned and fucked up. i put the coconut fat with the rosin before decarbing. heating it now, so far no sign of the decarb froth/bubbles i normally see. curious to see how it turns out. i used 25g of rosin and a tablespoon full of coconut fat. gonna leave it to decarb for a few hours in a jar placed in almost boiling water. will add a few hundred grams of honey to it as i usually do. always made for a tasty end product. last time i fucked up differently, and forgot the coconut oil. over time it seperated a bit, had to give it a nice stirr each time before eating it. used 55g of rosin for about 800 grams of honey. bit much taste of hash on that one. but boy was it fun. (and worked great for my friend with tremors) i should probably stop eating the last of the previous batch before cooking.
View attachment 18871384
finished mixing. ended up using a whole kilo of honey. looks and tastes great. almost midnight here now, so i'll hold of proper testing untill tomorrow.
Looks tasty

sublingual

taste and texture is top notch. and i'm high as a kite after a small teaspoon. decarbing it in cocofat, not a problem.
Did you do the bubble test? How many hours in water and and what temp?
Sorry to pepper you with questions. I plan on a production soon and haven't done it in years.
I would have thought the oil and rosin together standard practice. I plan to use olive oil and dry sift in open saucepan and keeping it about 235f for a half hour, then, rapid cooling.
That Moroccan honey rosin sounds delicious.

velorex

Did you do the bubble test? How many hours in water and and what temp?
Sorry to pepper you with questions. I plan on a production soon and haven't done it in years.
I would have thought the oil and rosin together standard practice. I plan to use olive oil and dry sift in open saucepan and keeping it about 235f for a half hour, then, rapid cooling.
That Moroccan honey rosin sounds delicious.
I never saw any bubbles, that had me quite worried. But the high speaks for itself. The jar was placed in almost boiling water for about 3 hrs

Cuddles

View attachment 18871384
I looks like chocolate milk or a peanut butter shake! I want some now 😋

velorex

quickness of the onset and strenght of the high was definetly on par with any i made earlier. pretty sure i didnt loose anything on decarping it with the fat. still prefer to decarb the rosin on it's own, as the lack of bubbles made it harder to tell when fully done. (as long as i keep the temp around 90c/195f. is there such a thing as overdecarbing? i read some of the thc might turn to cbn, but thats a good thing for sleeping on it)

velorex

last time i was in barcelona, someone served up a infused baileys. (wouldn't disclose how they did it.) was really nice. anyone got a recipe for something like that? i was thinking maybe dissolving rosin in 96% moonshine and then adding it to amaruala.

velorex

making another batch. could not get my hands on lecitin this time, so trying without. curious to see if it mixes properly. decarbing is almost done, got 21 g of rosin and a little over a kilo of honey. should be strong enough. i'll update after the mix has had some time to settle

Tincandtoke

Made plenty of honey the last few years
When it separates I warm it and mix

Try 210S to help make your Bailey's
It will bind rso/cannabis oil/distillate to syrup which you can add by the half teaspoon to a shot of Bailey's
You can also add infused butter/oil

He makes homemade 210S

Mix the syrup and Bailey's together and make your cocktail or drink the shot
I make infused flavored gelatin pearls for rum, tequila and gin drinks

You can make a homemade version using 90% Xanthan and 10% Acacia (gum arabic)
The modernist pantry modified their gums so if you use homemade it may be thicker or thinner
More gum or water to thicken or thin will help

Sorry for the disjointed post
Work is done and my infused coffee is kicking in, apple caramel butter infused syrup IMG_20231111_115127.jpg IMG_20231111_115253.jpg IMG_20231111_120956.jpg IMG_20231111_121426.jpg

My base infused syrup with 3000-3500 mg
Use a half teaspoon dose

This can be added to just about anything
Will disperse and hold suspension
Love the stuff and my number 1 request from patients who can use sugar

IMG_20231222_164247.jpg

This is my go to brand for flavored syrups
Tasted quite a few and never experienced that artificial taste some syrups have
The Bailey's needs vanilla and chocolate for some homemade mix and Monin makes a good chocolate syrup that is not thick
The cold brew is what people are paying $7-$8 in the coffee house frappe drinks
$13 for a bottle
Use half and half
Ice
Cold brew syrup
Flavored syrup
Blend
Guessing $2-$4

Last edited:

Tincandtoke

TV
A little separation, and not the nice creamy texture I usually get. Still makes me high as a kite. View attachment 18940323

Cannahoney is a beast to emulsify
Lack of water makes emulsifiers bind Into lumps and crystallization speeds up
Looked into whipped honey as a way to disperse and hold the oil in suspension when I started work on infused rich syrup
Never made it back to honey as all the requests were for syrup and few for coconut oil
While researching nano emulsion I came across sonication as a means of homogenization , if that makes sense

It may seem overboard but uptake and absorption are supposed to be greatly improved if you can make the cannabis oil dispersion as small as possible
Tiniest spheres of oil dispersed throughout the carrier for easier uptake
Whole bunch of science way above my pay grade, if I was getting paid

Need to research the interactions between the carrier, emulsifiers and sonic waves produced
Emulsifiers may not even be needed but my concern is holding together in a hot drink without a chemical binder

This is why I went to hyper infused syrup with thousands of milligrams
I can dose with minimal amounts of sugar in the half to one TEAspoon (2.5ml-5ml)
Preference for dosing beverages as they are easily consumed and can be made on an individual basis and with a personalized dose
Better than a pan of hit and miss brownies