What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Consumption methods

dddaver

Veteran
I looked around and couldn't find the right forum. Mods please feel free to move it.

I usually smoke although I do occasionally vape. I have an Arizer Extreme Q, about 3 or 4 portable vapes and use a dynavap with dental wax melter usually. I also just ordered another vape pen.

I've found smoking my favorite. The vape high only lasts a couple hours, versus smoking which can last 4 or more. I can't use edibles. I guess my liver does too good a job. I've never been high from edibles. They do make me sleepy though. Last attempt was 50mg chocolate. Nothing.

My main reason for writing is something I have always done myself, my friends all do, and have seen many times. But for some reason is not talked about. I always have put the pipe cherry out with a matchbook while holding in my hit. Usually 15 seconds or so. I have actually cut little cardboard squares cause I lose so many. Works great.

Right now I'm smoking a sativa hybrid, Tillamook Strawberry, for daytime, and Gorilla Glue at night. Paid $175 for a zip of 4/8 of each strain. I'm very contented.

sdd420

Veteran
I need 100 mg for my edibles. The last time I was tripping because my tolerance was low, I actually forgot where I was for a second and then while laying on my bed I had a few anxious moments. 100 mg full spectrum thc shot mango flavored. Peace sdd420

sdd420

Veteran
I don’t smoke anymore just vape and was getting over bronchitis so tolerance was low

harmonix

Neat topic.

Stepped away from smoking 15years ago. Been vaping since.

I have (3) Pax 3's that I use. Two for flower and one dedicated to concentrates. I have a volcano as well and once in a while I do enjoy those big bags of vape fun.
Day in and day out though, that Pax is just what I need.

I agree with you dddaver. Smoking is a different high. I find it to be more bull in porcelain shop effect. Huge whammo and yeah ,the duration is typically longer in that you are "wrecked" longer.

Vaping is a much clearer high for me and I prefer sativas anyhow. Not interested in laying on my couch, I wanna think and do so I simply stick with the vaping.

I tried for a long time to just enjoy both. But what I found is when I mix smoking and vaping, my taste goes out the window. I can smoke full time and appreciate the taste of what I'm smoking. I can vape full time and I really feel I get much more detailed tastes and smells. But if you switch back and forth, one method seems to negate the other and quite honestly I don't enjoy either when I'm switching back and forth.

As for the edibles, I love to take my ABV from the Pax and make caramels that simply steal faces :D

Nothing better than getting twice the use out of your buds. Try that with the ash from the bong hehehe.

Cheers all.

Safe and Smart.

Harmonix