What's new

Considering moving to Spain, any suggestions?

G

I'm considering moving to Spain to build classical guitars and buds and make a life of it. I was wanting recommendations as to where is the best place to move in spain for growing and selling marijuana. Also, do you have to have a liscense in Spain to grow and sell marijuana? If so, would it be hard to get if you were an immigrant to spain? Thanks.

G

"Spanish law differentiates between hard and soft drugs. Neither use nor possession of any drugs with a view to use are subject to penalty. The only criminal offenses under Spanish drug laws are manufacture, cultivation, trafficking, or incitement to use.

The use of cannabis is not a criminal offense directly, or indirectly. The acquisition of cannabis is not an offense, and possession for personal use is not an offense. However, if a judge decides that cannabis or cannabis products are possessed for trafficking, then the penalty is from three years to six years in jail and a fine of Pts. 500,000-50,000,000."

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
For a start, Spain is a wonderful country. Beautiful landscapes in both the north and the south, warm, almost tropical climate, more first class beaches than any other European country (except perhaps Croatia), an age-old history and culture with historic architecture that equals that of Italy and France, a cuisine as evolved as la cuisine française, etc.

What more is, Spain has gone from a politically and economically backwards country - during the Franco regime - to become one of the most progressive countries in Europe. Economic growth is approximately 7.5% a year (while France and Germany struggle to get above the 1% mark), unemployment is still kind of high, but if you've got skills, ideas and motivation in life it's all that counts.

Spanish Cannabis laws are - as la resistance highlighted - lenient. Suffering from 40 years of fascist rule has made the Spaniards weary of oppression and persecution, and next to Holland they're the most tolerant EU country. Cultivation is officially banned, but the Spanish Cannabis seed market is booming, and if you go to big cities you'll see pot plants on many balconies. The cops don't care.

There are a lot of Spanish growers on this web site that could help you out further. Personally, I find the South of Spain breathtakingly beautiful (Cordoba, Granada), but slightly too hot. Madrid is the economic center of Castilian Spain and your best bet if you want to set up shop. But Barcelona is the economic hub of northern, Catalan Spain (or Catalonia, since they're proud of their origins and cultural belonging), and I personally prefer Barcelona over Madrid. Almost as big and culturally equal to the capital, it also has a seaside climate, a fresh coastal breeze when the weather gets hot, and a beatiful stretch of beach right below the city.

A smaller but just as fascinating city is Valencia, not far down the Mediterranean coastline to Barcelona. Living in a beautiful place just adds an extra dimension to life quality, and to me, Valencia is it.

You will have to see for yourself and make your own priorities, but Catalonia would be my advice.

shiva das

CATALONIA!!!!!!!
Two years ago catalonia passed a MMJ law. I think it is the first in the country.
I lived in barca for a year...wy did I leave??...I ask myself that question everyday....
Just as rosy cheeks said,
I personally prefer Barcelona over Madrid. Almost as big and culturally equal to the capital, it also has a seaside climate, a fresh coastal breeze when the weather gets hot, and a beatiful stretch of beach right below the city.
I wouldn't go to Madrid, their is now meditreanian sea....
I lived in a small flat, had a roommate and a small 600w light. I the growstores sell everything from seed to cuts. And the cuts are all form great dutch genitics. You just have to go a meet up with some people. Before knowing anyone, it is very hard in finding anything of quality. In spain law doesn't like the sale of cannabis, the laws are very strict. So, to get around that, alot of herb in gifted. The herb is not looked at as solely a cash crop. there is a true cannabis community that shares everything...
Valencia isn't in catalonia...and barca is a big city. But there are beautiful small towns by the coast that are divine.
tarragona is the place I would go to...it is a smaller city then barca but it still has a vibe to it....and roman ruins...a university and one of the most amazing fireworks commpition every year in july. catalonia loves their fierworks!!!
I hope this helps. I'm planning on a move back their soon.
buen suerte
shiva das

Latest posts

Latest posts