What's new

Concentrates - The Future?

I have a PAX3 with a chamber for concentrates. Since finding some great shatter I don't do my flower anymore. The shatter is a cleaner high with less coughing and the terps really come through.

Anyway I don't do edibles but the shatter is great and costs less than flower.

Will small-time growers be hurt by the concentrates trend?

bs

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see how any growers will be hurt by trend that involves that which is being grown.

For one, inputs equal outputs... Meaning that our starting material quality is imperative to the quality of your output. Good in = good out, mediocre in = mediocre out, awesome in = awesome out...

Personally, I dont think the concentrates market is going to edge out the market for flowers. Your preference is yours alone. Many other folks prefer flowers for smoking while many others prefer flowers for vaping. Then there's the folks that prefer edibles.

I still prefer flowers but I'm edging more & more toward concentrates, on my own. Most of my friends still prefer flowers & edibles.

It's hard to go back to the flower after the terp laden shatter. The switch to concentrates will happen faster than when switching from BlackBerrys to iPhones.

bs

Bluto

Yes the concentrates are a new and amazing market. I agree for flavor and sheer potency concentrates rule.
Now we will see breeders scientifically useing terpene profiles to breed flavor specific plants. Ever since I started vaping I started looking for terpene rich genetics. One of the first things evident to me was that Dutch breeding produced extremely generic terpene profiles. Sweet Dutch skunk don't cut it for me, far from interesting. I did find that Sage crosses actually do taste like sage, and I find that pleasant.

Bluto

The popularity of cultivars such as tangie seem directly tied to concentrate consumption. The chems translate well.
I love smoking flowers and somethings don't translate as well. Just my two cents.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Concentrates - The Present.

Nothing future about it, concentrates and pens are here to stay. Nowadays (in Colorado though) you have people that will turn down joints and packed bowls because they have their vape pen on them or they don't smoke flower anymore. I've had this happen multiple times from multiple people.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

1koamm.jpg

Too each his own ive seen. weather smoking flower, shatter, wax, vape pen oil, or chewing edibles, or rolling your own shake joints, theres a market for it all, demagraphics plays a part in it too, in lower income neighborhood $5 joints fly off the shelf, in the higher income neighborhoods topshelf flower sells great along with $12 joints. The harden smokers want to dab some shatter, shatter is not for the first time user in many cases. A lot of folks dont want to smoke it they would rather eat it. Also in college towns a 7 gr bag of shake or lil popcorn buds is a hot item, were some shops wont even have that on the shelf. Its a wide variety and varying market throughout the entire state.

Latest posts

Latest posts