What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Composting after oil extraction ?

Cuddles

I've used the leftovers for burning out prickles in my lawn,I've also dried them and used it as a flour substitute after making it into dust
a substitute for flour -as in flour for making bread and so on? o_O that´s amazing. I´ve never heard of this before, hhow do you work with it?

royson

a substitute for flour -as in flour for making bread and so on? o_O that´s amazing. I´ve never heard of this before, hhow do you work with it?
It was an experiment,very earthy taste but if that's what ya like it's great,it really got a bit much after a full batch of 🍪🤢 for me but I gave a few away and it got great reviews on flavour,I just substituted about half the grain flour with canna flour,after a good thermimix and it was all dust,also when I say I,I really ment the wife 🤣🤣🤣 I'm not really allowed to use her thermi if we are being honest 😆

Last edited:

Cuddles

It was an experiment,very earthy taste but if that's what ya like it's great,it really got a bit much after a full batch of 🍪🤢 for me but I gave a few away and it got great reviews on flavour,I just substituted about half the grain flour with canna flour,after a good thermimix and it was all dust,also when I say I,I really ment the wife 🤣🤣🤣 I'm not really allowed to use her thermi if we are being honest 😆
so you made cookies with it, did you mix anything with the flour? I usually make chocolate cookies.
I´m wondering if there is a way of masking the earthy flavour somehow. perhaps raisins soaked in rum?

Here´s another thing - you could turn this canna flour thing into a little business or something. `Organic canna flour´ - You can´t get more of a `greener´flour than this , can you :biggrin:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Only problem is cannabis flour is made from seeds usually. So this would be whole plant meal or something like that. Don't expect it to replace flour and behave the same, tho.

Cuddles

Only problem is cannabis flour is made from seeds usually. So this would be whole plant meal or something like that. Don't expect it to replace flour and behave the same, tho.
I guess you mean that the canna flour will be different when baking. But you could also advertise it to get you stoned if you don´t extract too much resin (or not) first.
Could be a new way to buy and sell weed for making edibles , right? :sneaky:
getting high on flour... yay

moose eater

Okay, so I always compost all my left over plant materials - mostly fruit, veggies etc. Luckily our building of flats has one of those waste bins for this sort of thing. It´s basically just like a compost heap but it gets taken away someplace else for the actual composting.
But I´ve never been too sure about putting the left over weed after oil extraction into this bin. I´m a little worried about the alcohol.

So my question to all those of you who have gardens is:
Do you put your weed onto your garden compost? Do you rinse if first or let the alcohol evaporate...

...Or should I just keep disposing of it in the regular waste bins. This would also be more discreet I guess.
Alcohol of either ethanol or isopropyl will evaporate over time. If it's weaker alcohol (human-consumable ethanol, instead of iso) there's simply more water in it than with 99.9% lab-grade iso.

Water and alcohol both evaporate in fairly short order, unless maybe you're living in a rain forest with very high humidity, in which case it can slow a bit.

I've put my 'washed' remnants into the compost bin.

As far as others possibly seeing the leftovers, or even the odd plant that might pop up from sending out used soilless mixes with the rare/odd seed onboard, I have a decent sized privately owned property. If someone is snooping around my compost, then they have far greater issues on their hands to contend with than my composting my washed weed or used soilless mixes.

Edit: Lower qualities of iso -can- contain heavy metals depending on source, per past reading about contaminants in iso, so there -is- that concern.

royson

so you made cookies with it, did you mix anything with the flour? I usually make chocolate cookies.
I´m wondering if there is a way of masking the earthy flavour somehow. perhaps raisins soaked in rum?

Here´s another thing - you could turn this canna flour thing into a little business or something. `Organic canna flour´ - You can´t get more of a `greener´flour than this , can you :biggrin:
I'll say this in Aussie😆, yes sultanas soaked in bundy are the bomb!,there would surely be a way to mask it a bit, but every time I've used it as flour I have always had earthy flavours,that's why I started using rso mixed with mct oil,I started making rso for my M,I,L when she got boob cancer

royson

Unfortunately I can't promote any canna business in Australia without a couple hundred thousand dollar licences,and that's before ya even get considered to be approved,Australia government is probably the most corrupt in the first world,that's what ya get when ya first police force was made up of the 13 best behaved convicts,parliament is also full of traitorous Chinese spy's that hide all their under table payments in overseas banks

Cuddles

Unfortunately I can't promote any canna business in Australia without a couple hundred thousand dollar licences,and that's before ya even get considered to be approved,Australia government is probably the most corrupt in the first world,that's what ya get when ya first police force was made up of the 13 best behaved convicts,parliament is also full of traitorous Chinese spy's that hide all their under table payments in overseas banks
hey, you do NOT tell people by public advertising,lol. I mean it´ll still be illegal for you but a lot less obvious. nobody will suspect you if you´re giving somebody a bag of flour, right? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts