• Screenshot_20161125-175144.jpg
    Screenshot_20161125-175144.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 18

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good, from what you've shown so far

why crop king? glad you are having good exp, curious how u came about using them?

why would the blue flame heater NOT work at 7k? for co that isn't THAT high... seems like those would work

looking forward to what you are about to do !
:tiphat:

ColoradoJay

Thanks for hanging in there with me guys. Been busy getting the heater and stuff to install. Plants are getting big now and itching to go out. Right now I just don't trust the environment enough.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I missed the details on the heart mishap, would you care to circle back and go into a bit more detail?

I wanted to echo the concern over carbon monoxide. That is a very serious issue and you definitely don't want to get caught with your pants down on that one. I don't know what exact heater you speak of but I know that water heats, furnaces, etc. have a specific orifice size that is for a specific elevation. We see it all the time here in Colorado where combustion appliances have their orifices sized for sea level or even for around 5-6k feet elevation that would be correct for most if not all of the front range. As soon as you drive up the hill where you can go from 6k to 10k in 1-2 hours you quickly run into problems. The combustion appliance will run to rich with the excess fuel and not enough oxygen to burn it. This results in incomplete combustion and god awful amounts of very toxic carbon monoxide. I don't mean to scare you or anything but rather just get it on your radar.

Here are some picture of what I'm talking about in regards to orifice size.

propane-natural-gas-size-diffrnece.jpg

8406732_orig.jpg

Orifice_001.jpg

Regardless of the application or fuel being burned you always want to see a clean blue flame without any oranges or yellows burning with it.

ColoradoJay

Appreciate the thoughts everyone.

WhoDat I will put a carbon monoxide detector in the greenhouse just for cheap insurance. And make sure the flame is nice and blue.

Ladies are going out Friday finally. Been pretty busy here and all the snow hasn't helped. On a plus side I am only using 9000w of 220 electric space heater(30k btu) and keeping temps good. Was 12° outside last night, stayed a balmy 64° in the greenhouse. Will have the propane heat finished shortly. Between the two sources of heat I should be ready for anything.

RckyMtRdnk

I've noticed pulling a heavy tarp like a hay tarp over the hoop at night adds another ten degrees and saves me some money in heating costs. I use 1000 watt lights for heat too at night and the tarp cover keeps it from looking like a lit up ball field in the dark.

Latest posts

Latest posts