What's new

colorado transplant, general shop talk/regs?

veen

Hey everyone,
Im relocating to Oregon from Colorado in a few months. I have moved to 2 different med states in the past 4 years, and oregon is the most difficult (for me) to wade through the regulations. I would LOVE to talk shop with a friendly soul willing to take time out for a stranger. Generally I need to know caregiver laws- how many growers per property, what is done with excess, and any suggestions for tracking down a 'friendly' landlord would be oh so helpful!

Im so looking forward to well cured weed, not this dry colorado 'no-cure' flower!

Thanks
V

WishDoctor

For a OMMP friendly rental go to craigslist and type in ommp and the go to housing, there are about 80 right now july 2015.

New regs have been enacted for OMMP caregivers and growers as to plant limits due to the rec movement here.
Now a caregiver is only allowed up to 8 patients, 48 plants, no more. a caregiver who grows for them self also is allowed only 48 plants including their own.
As an OMMP you can grow 6 mmj plus your 4 rec plants and have 24OMMP oz plus your additional 8 rec oz totaling 32 oz as long as you have your OMMP card.
to get a card the standard rate is 200 for a signature plus the 200 for the state. If you do not have your previous Dr records it's gonna cast you allot more to get your card here. You need 2 Dr rec to get a card here. most places charge 280-300 for 2 sigs and then the 200 state filing fees.

as to growers per property they did adjust that in the new regs I just don't know the number because I only grow for 7 people and myself here, always kept my numbers low. I get 7+ pounds excellent nugs per plant not including the trim here in S.OR.

To sell here it's not easy you will need testing and lab sealed surplus to sell to dips. There will be no rec sales till 2017. and starting in june 2016 dips will be allowed to sell a small quantity of rec as a test for these new regs that were passed a few months ago to tighten up the laws here.

Once everything is in place you will need seed to nug certification and licensing before you can sell. inspections, and more. apps will be taken in Jan 2016 I think, not cheap, and not easy unless you have $$$.

some more info:

--Limiting the size of medical marijuana growers. Existing growers can have no more than 96 plants -- or 24 if they are in an urban neighborhood -- and new growers will be limited to half of those numbers.

--Marijuana businesses can be barred by a vote of a city council or county commission in the 15 eastern Oregon counties where at least 55 percent of voters opposed Measure 91. In the rest of the state, voters have to approve any attempt to ban these businesses. Any locality that bans any type of marijuana business cannot implement a local tax.

--Marijuana products must meet standardized testing procedures to protect consumers from mold, mildew and other contaminants -- such as the high pesticide concentrations found in an investigation conducted by The Oregonian/OregonLive.

--Marijuana-laced edibles cannot be in a packaging attractive to children.

--People who own marijuana businesses must have been a resident of the state for two years. Investors can come from out of state.

--Recreational growers will face strict "seed to sale" tracking requirements. Medical marijuana growers will also be required to do regular reporting of their sales and inventory.

BigNoise

WishDoctor, where is the best place to keep abreast of the latest updates regarding the recreational stuff?

No rec sales til 2017? I was under the impression that it would be legal as soon as the first businesses started getting approved next year.

WishDoctor, where is the best place to keep abreast of the latest updates regarding the recreational stuff?

No rec sales til 2017? I was under the impression that it would be legal as soon as the first businesses started getting approved next year.

They will allow medical dispensaries to sell 7grams/person per day to the general public starting next October to help divert people from the black market.