What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Seed Banks

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I've been equally as happy my own crosses or those made by friends with love thought and foresight as I have been disappointed by seeds from overseas. Some of the most expensive seeds have simply put, been useless. Never to see the light of my artificial days again. In contrast, crosses I've gotten from friends with a love of the craft instead of the love of money have been the most rewarding. I started with a yearning for the skunk of days past... yet I've never found a variation of skunk that, in my opinion, was even worth growing. I still continue searching as real RKS is a personal quest of mine, but I've been utterly disappointed each and every time without fail. Meanwhile I've gotten more than a few keepers from seed I've received from friends around the community.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes seeds are available at the cup in denver, last year, bog, rare dankness, bodhi, archive, sin city, LOUD and several others were all there selling seeds (even BC Bud Depot one year, lol).
and i was there handing out seeds, trading... not the only individual doing it either.
:D

:joint:

NICE!!!

Hope to make it this year, missed last year... doh!

HarvestMoon303

http://i.imgur.com/cYUPWCo.jpg
I just ordered from a local, Colorado seed distributer. I got some gear from both BOG and Greenpoint, and I'll let you know when they arrive and how long they take. I have also gotten seeds from overseas, and they made it, but like Avinash said, the local genetics are usually superior to what you'd order from overseas, unless you were looking for something very specific.

Follow up:

I ordered my seeds on Friday, and they were delivered very well-packed in an actual box, with bubble-wrap and the seeds in their original packaging on Tuesday (2 business days).

They look great, the Greenpoint seeds are in a custom sealed bag, and the BOG are in what they come in (a small plastic bag). Overall, very happy with my purchase.

I just put four of BOG's Lifesaver into some water to pop. I'm pretty excited. :)

I don't think that I'm supposed to tell you where I got them, per forum rules, but I'm in CO, and so are they. They will ONLY ship to places that have legal MMJ. PM me if you'd like the details. I have no stake in their company, it was just a local place that I wanted to try VS going overseas or waiting for a long time for money orders, etc.

Overall, 10/10 so far. I'm assuming that they were stored well, but I'll let you know how many I get to pop, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/cYUPWCo.jpg
cYUPWCo.jpg

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if u r interested in cannabis events in Colorado, the htcc is increasingly becoming more of a trade show and less of a party. Lots of seeds available at many diff events. Look into bongathon, 710cup, secret cup, and other community events in Colorado that are NOT giant corporate events like htcc (altho not a bad event for seeds at all). shit i got Tierra Rojo seeds for free in a gift bag at a hash oil event in CSprings, grew them out and their were some nice flavors and some good yielding plants in the mix....
i'll echo what seaf0ur said also...
I've been equally as happy my own crosses or those made by friends with love thought and foresight as I have been disappointed by seeds from overseas. Some of the most expensive seeds have simply put, been useless. Never to see the light of my artificial days again. In contrast, crosses I've gotten from friends with a love of the craft instead of the love of money have been the most rewarding. I started with a yearning for the skunk of days past... yet I've never found a variation of skunk that, in my opinion, was even worth growing. I still continue searching as real RKS is a personal quest of mine, but I've been utterly disappointed each and every time without fail. Meanwhile I've gotten more than a few keepers from seed I've received from friends around the community.

Epiphyte

I'm running RD Scotts Og and Commerce City Kush and RPC Real Sour and Super Sour Alien. My last SSA that I threw in just showed full herm characteristics at week 2 1/2. One Real Sour is at week 4 1/2 and threw a little male nut at the bottom. I picked it off but plan on watching it closely. Just an update. I won't buy RPC again even though I do have one Super Sour Alien that I think will be a keeper! Also, my bunkest strain in the room is a Real Sour pheno. By that I mean, healthly and happy, but it just doesnt pass the stick and smell test

KiefSweat

Veteran
TR is one of the most generous dudes in town, if you see him he is always giving seeds away. Dudes stuff is great too, well made and would be worth it if you even had the opportunity to purchase them.

mtntrogger

Veteran
Been wanting to run some of TR's gear for soooo lonG, dude seems to be about all the right things as far as I can tell . PLease !! p phunk ? anyone ?

Been wanting to run some of TR's gear for soooo lonG, dude seems to be about all the right things as far as I can tell . PLease !! p phunk ? anyone ?

TR is one of the most generous dudes in town, if you see him he is always giving seeds away. Dudes stuff is great too, well made and would be worth it if you even had the opportunity to purchase them.

When I started buying seeds a few years back, I spent about $1500 on beans from the big names, and also managed to get a $35/6 pack of Red Headed Stranger by Tierra Rojo, Paco and Funkfingers (from the old Golden Goat). Most everything from the big names hermed, but here it is 3 years laters and I'm still growing Red Headed Stranger [F2]s I made and hybrids. Never seen a nanner on any of the [F2]s, and thats with a few mistakes here and there that hermed other plants. Nothing but respect here.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran

agreed, good peeps, very generous

i just grew out the Kachook strain of his, was very satisfied with the results!

Glad to hear Bboybungus! I think the work we did as High country and new house was rock soild.

That Red Headed Stranger is just a perfect indica/sativa hybrid. I always grow from seed, no clones, and every run its the diehard standby that always turns out great. Made [F3]'s this year and also testing previous hybrids of it, such as:

(Red Headed Stranger [F2] x Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa)

(Red Headed Stranger [F2] x Ace Seeds Vietnam Black x Thai [F3])

(Red Headed Stranger [F2] x (Ken Estes OG Kush x Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa))

and just harvested:

{(Red Headed Stranger [F2] x Ace Seeds Vietnam Black x Thai [F3]) x (Red Headed Stranger [F2] x Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa)}

chinese-mecican

I am looking for elite genetics here in Colorado but know where to look. I really like the diesel and the cheese strains, anyone know of great seeds.

Horus45

Avoid at any cost!

Avoid at any cost!

Avoid using The Bank Genetics.
They have an entire page explaining how their Feminized seeds are so different than other seed banks.
That their seeds will not give you Hermaphrodites.

Total Bullshit! EVERY seed I bought from them was a Hermaphrodite!
Completely ruined my last grow and contaminated my genetic female Purple Urkle clones.
Two thirds of the total weight of that grow was seeds.

I wrote to them to complain, told them how much money I lost on that grow.
What did they do?
Offered me more seeds!!!!

Since it is all legal in Colorado I am seriously considering filing a complaint for Deceptive Trade Practices with the Colorado Attorney General.

Here is a link to their line of bullshit on Feminized seeds:
http://www.thebankgenetics.com/feminized-seeds/

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since it is all legal in Colorado I am seriously considering filing a complaint for Deceptive Trade Practices with the Colorado Attorney General.

Imagine it can be done writing. Write Ms. Coffman (although she's probably busy with EPA concerns). And cc: The Bank Genetics as well.

You might want to contact them one last time and ask if ANY strains do not hermy or if they have seed stock that is not "feminized". It shows you went well above and beyond before writing a Consumer Complaint.

Curious to see how ATTY GEN will handle such a complaint. Let us know!!

Horus45

You might want to contact them one last time and ask if ANY strains do not hermy or if they have seed stock that is not "feminized". It shows you went well above and beyond before writing a Consumer Complaint.

Curious to see how ATTY GEN will handle such a complaint. Let us know!!

All they sell are Feminized seeds.
I have already exchanged half a dozen emails with them.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone selling a plant 100% guaranteed not to show intersex is a liar...

If the intersex traits are easly activated in a specific line it doesnt matter if you make beans by selfing or standard male female cross, your intersex is gonna show sometime.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All they sell are Feminized seeds.
I have already exchanged half a dozen emails with them.

Ok, go for the kill...contact Atty Gen with receipts, statement from their Web Page and cc: the seed company. Rut Ro, George....maybe they'll refund your money! 'Twould be nice. Too, if they are deceptive on the www., maybe other infractions as well.

KiefSweat

Veteran
if they are registered seed sellers the only thing that you can do is sue them in civil court if it doesnt live up to the labeling requirements. i.e germ rate etc.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not trying to defend them but their site doesnt say they guarantee 100% no herms, they just go on about their method and flawed theories. (first i ever heard of selfed beans not being able to be cloned lol)

The atty general thing is a waste of time. Just more stress for you and nothing will happen, they didn't break any laws or falsely advertise. Live and learn. Reputation is everything in our world. If they are that bad they wont go far.

If you buy any seeds anywhere and think they are 100% not going to herm you are wrong. Cannabis doesn't work like that. Any environmental stress may be enough to cause a herm in a given line. A little hot feed, a little off ph, a pot getting too dry etc. Likewise any breeder making those claims is a liar.

Like I say not defending that seed bank but this is the reality of cannabis people.