What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

Marshmello

Do you any proof that says so?
What would the "caregiver" show the club for entry?
Just seems that it would be too easy to forge some shit to me.....
maybe a Dispensary Owner/Operator can say what they do in this instance?

(Not trying to start no shit bro, just opinionatin'.):joint:

pikes peak 69

Actually the law states that a caregiver can do everything a patient can do with meds other then consumtion ( not those exact words). The disp are setting there policies based on what their Attorney's tell them. I spoke with an Attorney on Monday that feels that if your not listed as a patients cg and you do any transaction, he thinks that's drug dealing.

Here I c&p the paragraph and you decide.

(d) Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, no person, including a patient or primary care-giver, shall be entitled to the protection of this section for his or her acquisition, possession, manufacture, production, use, sale, distribution, dispensing, or transportation of marijuana for any use other than medical use.

HTH
pp69

Do you any proof that says so?
What would the "caregiver" show the club for entry?
Just seems that it would be too easy to forge some shit to me.....
maybe a Dispensary Owner/Operator can say what they do in this instance?

(Not trying to start no shit bro, just opinionatin'.):joint:

Budgood is spot on. I went with my papers. One of the guys in there checked the copies, checked my id, then took me back. I told him what pains my wife was feeling, and he made a recommendation. After a few minutes of sniffing a jar I wanted to crawl into, I made my purchase and split
seemed surreal to me.

G

guest123

I spoke with another caregiver last month who vends to Patient's Choice, they would not let her see the dispensary portion of the shop. Boulder alternative meds would not allow me to enter as a caregiver... they might have if I brought my patient's card though, I only had copies of it and copies of my card. Another shop would not allow me to purchase more than the two ounce/six clone standard amount, as their attorney had advised them that the copies a caregiver caries could be fakes.

Marshmello

That's exactly what I was talking about.....
probably best to establish a relationship with a dispensary or three.
The potential for forgeries is astronomical.
Not a good thing IMO.

IGrowTrees

i heard some things about a dispensary being investigated for too many reccomendations...a place where some have went from here...is this true? will recommends from this place and or the docs¿ cause ppl to be denied?

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Yup, exactly, I only had like an eighth in the jar, but it REEKED! :canabis: I agree, I've met some cops that were super cool, and then others who I could care less if some methhead shot them tomorrow. People who treat others with respect are a dying breed these days, but especially amongst LEO, sad to say. :fsu:

yep! I've gotten several warnigns instead of actual tickets when pulled over cause I'm always respectful to the cops. Always have my hands high on the steering wheel when they approach so thay can see all my fingers. Then I take the attitude that this is his/her job, and I bet 99% are not happy with that part of the job. But they're also people, too, so it never hurts to ask: "Officer, I respect what you do and thank you for it. I realize I was going too fast, but I am sorry and did not realize how fast I was going. Could you please give me a warning this time?"

worked for me a bunch of times, because they are just left dumbstruck at my respect for them. great story budgood on your cop encounter! I wonder why you were even pulled over in the first place cause you didn't mention any traffic violation, etc...

High

FYI. A buddy sent in his paperwork on August 16. His card finally showed yesterday. 2 months to the day.

BIOJenn

FYI. A buddy sent in his paperwork on August 16. His card finally showed yesterday. 2 months to the day.
how long from the date they cashed his check did he get his card? sent mine in at the end of aug so i guess mine will be here this week or next maybe.! eather way im in No Rush :joint:

it's been 4 1/2 years since i got my card. 4/19/05 by the way back then you could go drop it off a the colorado department of health and i had my card in 2 weeks. now they have to process so many requests it's getting longer and longer.

VAtransplant

Mailed my stuff today, money order from Safeway 'cause I don't have any real checks (just starters from new bank in CO). Sent certified, went to one of the few post offices in CO and guess what! Beside me, I watched this guy (20something) fold up his paperwork to fit in a certified mail post office provided envelope too lol. had he finished with the clerk sooner I'da given him daps.

fireman22

Hey

Do the feds have acess to this who has license's? Would it show up if I was applying for a job whether it be federal or private?

Thanks

And good living

G

guest123

Hey

Do the feds have acess to this who has license's? Would it show up if I was applying for a job whether it be federal or private?

Thanks

And good living

State law prohibits the information on the registry from being given to the anyone including the feds, unless they are there to verify the legitimacy of a particular medical marijuana card, they will do that and only that.

SoCoMMJ

State law prohibits the information on the registry from being given to the anyone including the feds, unless they are there to verify the legitimacy of a particular medical marijuana card, they will do that and only that.

True, they will not even tell a caregiver if a patient still has them listed as their caregiver. Some pretty big exposure for caregivers/growers there.

fireman22

thanks and one more!

thanks and one more!

Hey again, thanks for the replies. So if I understand correctly there is postively no way future or present employers or landlords will find out you have a medicinal card unless you directly tell them. What happens if they try to search for that info?

Last edited:

pikes peak 69

The short answer is yes. The registry by law can not release that info, but loose lips, a nosy neighbor, ex, friends there are ways that may bite you in the a$$. The registry won't do it but other ways may.

Not trying to scare anyone, but these are all realities. Best to follow the law and STANDUP up for what you believe in.

Steps off soapbox.LOL

pp69

Hey again, thanks for the replies. So if I understand correctly there is postively no way future or present employers or landlorads will find out you have a medicinal card unless you directly tell them. What happens if they try to search for that info?

Last edited:

IGrowTrees

damnit!! I sent in my paperwork on Sep. 10th and just got back a letter saying that I have to have a picture ID of my caregiver..which happens to be Green Mtn Care...never in the entire process did those guys at Green Mtn say I needed a picture ID of my caregiver..

why didn't anyone say anything about a friggin picture ID of the caregiver?

So now I go back to the bottom of the pile and have to send it back in and wait for 2 months or more...

dammit!

I never saw anything that said I needed a picture ID of the caregiver...is this my fault?

Am I wrong to think Green Mtn is shady? They are being investigated ya know...

The whole caregiver thing is bs anyways...you get a reccomend...a card, you grow your own...these guys running dispensaries are just out to make money...

damnit!! I sent in my paperwork on Sep. 10th and just got back a letter saying that I have to have a picture ID of my caregiver..which happens to be Green Mtn Care...never in the entire process did those guys at Green Mtn say I needed a picture ID of my caregiver..

why didn't anyone say anything about a friggin picture ID of the caregiver?

So now I go back to the bottom of the pile and have to send it back in and wait for 2 months or more...

dammit!

I never saw anything that said I needed a picture ID of the caregiver...is this my fault?

Am I wrong to think Green Mtn is shady? They are being investigated ya know...

The whole caregiver thing is bs anyways...you get a reccomend...a card, you grow your own...these guys running dispensaries are just out to make money...

didnt know anything about caregiver picture? But I had a bad experience with Green Mtn. To there credit they did try to make it right..but the bad vibe was already set and I decided to go elsewhere..which now Im glad I did. Point is it doesn't surprise me you weren't told anything. in the process of cranking out recommendations and making money I think alot of things are missed. You should see about not having a caregiver on your license..it would eliminate the problem your having. just my .02