What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few more of the early risers.

The one that really stands out so far is CB #8.
In the light it looks red red red. In low light it looks black and blends in well with the soil.
It will be part of the breeding project and pass on something good for sure.

CB #11 has some reds too. Most others are green though.

Attachments

• CB 6-11.jpg
    CB 6-11.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CB 13-1.jpg
    CB 13-1.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 52
  • CB 12-1.jpg
    CB 12-1.jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 48
  • CB 11-1.jpg
    CB 11-1.jpg
    810.9 KB · Views: 55
  • CB 10-1.jpg
    CB 10-1.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 56
  • CB 9-1.jpg
    CB 9-1.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 59
  • CB 8-2.jpg
    CB 8-2.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 47
  • CB 8-1.jpg
    CB 8-1.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 48
  • CB 7-1.jpg
    CB 7-1.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 51
  • CB 14-1.jpg
    CB 14-1.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in a cold part of Canada and only fast strains can finish outdoors here.

Already have a full time job and this is like having another one. :)

I always keep the best from each strain to make seed from and the best clones to try again.

Legalcdn

I'm in a cold part of Canada and only fast strains can finish outdoors here.

Already have a full time job and this is like having another one. :)

I always keep the best from each strain to make seed from and the best clones to try again.
Hopefully the CB can finish outside with light dep if you go that route. It's easier down here at 42 lat near windsor. We can grow outside with no greenhouse til mid November. With a greenhouse, early december.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
End of September is pretty much it for harvesting anything outdoors. Most crops are down in August.
I may in the future try some Afghans outdoors. Mazar-i-Sharif land race I have to do yet.
I don't normally grow much in the way of Indica and Sativa is my choice.

Airloom

Veteran
Hopefully the CB can finish outside with light dep if you go that route. It's easier down here at 42 lat near windsor. We can grow outside with no greenhouse til mid November. With a greenhouse, early december.
Off topic but great area for pizza lovers evidently. Saw a doc recently on Tastemade network that was very through and cool.
Volcano pizza
Galati cheese
Shredded toppings
Canned mushrooms
Very cool community

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well first it will be selecting plants with special traits, the most vigorous of plants and solid structure.
Strong smells and sticky plants are chosen. Using mutiple males/females at once or in successive breedings.
Any plants that herm in flower or with undesireable traits will be discarded. The same as I do with any other reproduction.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
WOW... in the early/early 70's, prob 70/71 , i had some weed that was almost black, and 1/2 way thru the joint, your fingers had tar on em... it was ass-kickin... in those days there were no names, but since i copped it from a crewmember off a grancolumbia ship in new york that mite be the black u are speaking of...

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look at the long narrow leaves. :watchplant:

Attachments

• CB 1-2.JPG
    CB 1-2.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 51
  • CB 2-2.JPG
    CB 2-2.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 47
  • CB 3-2.JPG
    CB 3-2.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 47
  • CB 5-2.JPG
    CB 5-2.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
  • CB 7-2.JPG
    CB 7-2.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 55
  • CB 8-3.JPG
    CB 8-3.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 48
  • CB 14-2.JPG
    CB 14-2.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 51
  • CB 15-1.JPG
    CB 15-1.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 45

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW... in the early/early 70's, prob 70/71 , i had some weed that was almost black, and 1/2 way thru the joint, your fingers had tar on em... it was ass-kickin... in those days there were no names, but since i copped it from a crewmember off a grancolumbia ship in new york that mite be the black u are speaking of...
Yes that would be it. :p

Beaucephus

I want to apologize, I didn’t realize this was ace’s forum. The cb i grew was gifted to me in a trade about 10 years ago and i’m not sure where they originally came from but i doubt it was ace. Although possible i guess. Sorry for my ignorance.