What's new

Colo.Springs DA Scare Tactics

whodi

Veteran
around my area the good o'l boys break the laws... listen to lil wyte.. good ol boys lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdg8Widl2Bo

You guys actually think good ol boys means people who are goodie goodies and obey laws ...

GOOD O'L BOYS ARE NOT COPS

I mean just look at dukes of hazard.. no cops there. no haters. The good o'l boys are always on the run from the cops.

ha

Last edited:

whodi

Veteran
Please... They are everywhere, Tex... Truly - Everywhere I have ever been, in this (once)illustrious Nation...
Travel Much..?

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about; and neither does ronald washed up white. What you think you know, you don't. Hug your trees and throw away your guns cause you don't know shit about good o'l boys just by traveling. You don't live the life, and you never have. Don't comment.

Good o'l boys are from the south you idiot, not cops from colorado springs or wanna be cowboys from grand junction.

smoke bud in the country and fuck shit up much?

Last edited:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Yup, No Clue Have I..... Glad to hear you feel that way... If you agreed with me, I would have to Check my Head... lol...

Come see my Growroom, Tex.....

What the hell do you know about anyone else's life outside of your Beloved South..? Obviously Nada, Mister....

Good 'ol Boys, indeed....

Check it out, These Forums contain some of the most Amazing People you'd ever meet..

Cool Your Jets, Hoss. Stop being Insulting.... Why don't you go clean your Gun, you'll feel like a Man.

MagniKhan

Veteran
You have no fucking clue what you are talking about; and neither does ronald washed up white. What you think you know, you don't. Hug your trees and throw away your guns cause you don't know shit about good o'l boys just by traveling. You don't live the life, and you never have. Don't comment.

Good o'l boys are from the south you idiot, not cops from colorado springs or wanna be cowboys from grand junction.

smoke bud in the country and fuck shit up much?

Troll many threads lately?

I'm sure in your little world, ALL expressions and slang terms mean one thing ( easier to keep track of I'm sure). But in the world at large, expressions and especially slang have more then one meaning.

Wikipedia defines "Good ol' boy" as:

"Good ol' boy is a slang term used in the United States, either to self-identify as or to refer to a male, usually white and of Northern/Western-European descent, who lives in a rural area and/or subscribes to a traditionally "rural" lifestyle. The term is generally thought to originate in the rural areas of the southern and southwestern U.S. While other terms such as redneck, hick, yokel, "Bubba", and "white trash" are also applied, though usually pejoratively and are often interchanged with "good ol' boy," the "good ol' boy" is more of an idealized image of rural Americans.

Politically, good ol' boy refers to representatives that engage in cronyism."

I was referring to the later.

The Free Dictionary defines it as:

"A man having qualities held to be characteristic of certain Southern white males, such as a relaxed or informal manner, strong loyalty to family and friends, and often an anti-intellectual bias and intolerant point of view."

Not the meaning I was implying, but not far off.

"Good ol' boy network" as defined by Wikipedia:

"Good ol' boy network describes a system of social networking alleged to exist among communities and social strata in the United States. These networks are assumed to be located throughout the U.S. and the rest of the Western world. It is sometimes taken to refer to informal legal, judicial, social, religious, business, and political associations among males, ("good ol' boys"); however, in modern times can be composed of members of either sex.
Some negative effects of the good ol' boy network are its exclusion of others, leading to leaders of a community possibly limiting business transactions to other elites, or to friends or acquaintances from within the network, to give friends better deals, and generally to reinforce traditional power structures over any other elements in the society.
There is not written documentation in regard to the existence of the 'good ole boy system of social networking'."

Now this is exactly what I meant, but I think most readers got that, without having to have it spelled out for them.

whodi

Veteran
point is keep our names out your mouth. We aren't the cops and fuck the political 'good o'l boys' just like you all.. you have no fucking clue.

only one group of good o'l boys and none of you know what the fuck you're talkin about.

fuck wikipedia.. they got that shit from us and made it their own. just like the rest of you.

P.S> the south won the war. I can prove it.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
hahahahahahaha wow... No wonder Our Country Lags... This is why they are so obsessed with guns.... F-E-A-R.

The You Ess Ay is RIGHTLY SO the Laughing Stock of the World, for its' lax gun laws, and High Murder Rate.... --just ONE of the sort of things you learn when you travel across borders with open eyes.

What 'cha so 'fraid of Tex..? That'cha need all your weaponry... Some terrorist gonna get all the way into the Center of 'Bama..? Not likely. Only some White Tea-Party Cracker with explosives, maybe. Could even be your Neighbor..!! You know, the old Crochety Arse-hole with the Arsenal down the street.??

Hug a tree, maybe get a little Dirty. Hug a Southerner, get Staph.

OK, I am done.

GOOD LUCK COLORADO. Sincerely.. We had to deal with the same stuff, and still do. Maybe you can do it better, 'cause it is all messed up in NorCal for now.

Must be nice to be completely whacked outta your mind still able to function whodi, when you come back to reality go check the state lines and really contemplate the stupidity and your latter statement, at least once, for my sake. I really think you believe the statement, and that in and of itself is why i fear for the future of "this doomed ship we congregate on"

GroBoy2000

Wow. Idiot. That DA and the guy who thinks he owns 'good ol boys' word.

I've been raised in the south, and been up North, family dated LEO. Told to me from himself, that 'oh yeah, they got the whole good ol boy thing going on.' on the subject of handshakes and family/friends running what they wanted. It was a rural area, and he was a 6ft plus white officer. Good ol boys definitely american term, but FL and the deep south don't own it.

On the subject of the news, what a BRAT move. How imbecile. We will pull ahead in this shit. At least it looks like we won't stand for it anymore.

MagniKhan

Veteran
Well it seems that the Colo.Springs DA has ruffled enough feathers to get him in a little hot water. So here comes the excuses/LIES. Funny, the timing of the IRS visit certainly indicates he had something to do with it, though he claims other wise, he's just a concerned citizen. Riiiight.

Good ol'Boy network at it's finest!

Just remember this jackass Colo.Spring citizens next time you vote!!

dixie wrecked

No surprises there-- Colorado Springs is a bastion of conservative politics that have proven a failure for the last twenty some odd years. Because of the fact that CO Springs has not raised taxes in that time period, beginning about two weeks ago the street lights have been turned off, the grass in public parks will not be mowed/watered and the staff of the police/fire depts. will be cut down by half (the police thing might not be so bad). CO Spgs. is a disgrace to Colorado, it should be made an extension of Utah in my opinion.

say what you want about this city, but consider that the city ordinance that is being drafted to regulate dispensaries is more liberal than the one Denver passed not long ago. there are also many grow ops operating with full knowledge by local law enforcement, some are posted here on IC. and FWIW the financial situation the city is in is not because we didn't raise taxes for decades, it's because of doug bruce's TABOR (taxpayer bill of rights) which says any tax increase needs to be approved by voters, and additionally ties government agencies budget increases to only a certain percentage over the previous year's budget, so in a recession budgets drop due to less tax income, but can't recover as fast as the rest of the economy when things do pick up. tabor in one way or another affects all of colorado, it was passed first on a city level, then at the state level, so it ain't just "us". yeah much of the town sucks, but somebody's gotta stay here and fight the right wing conservative nuts.

dixie wrecked

Well it seems that the Colo.Springs DA has ruffled enough feathers to get him in a little hot water. So here comes the excuses/LIES. Funny, the timing of the IRS visit certainly indicates he had something to do with it, though he claims other wise, he's just a concerned citizen. Riiiight.

Good ol'Boy network at it's finest!

Just remember this jackass Colo.Spring citizens next time you vote!!

Dan May was voted in because the previous DA was caught drunk in a bar while on the clock, and had driven his gov't vehicle to and from the bar, presumably drunk too. it's hard to pick a DA who is a winner, it's the nature of the beast, part of the fun of voting for which authoritarian asshole is gonna try to bust you. i voted for this prick, i guess i'll have to vote for some other prick next time.

BabyHuey

He definitely used his position to further his "citizens complaint" .
No way the IRS visit was a coincidence either.

Plenty!! Really man, I currently live in Florida the CAPITAL of the "Good ol' Boys", I think I know "Good ol' Boys" when I come across them.
Now Colo. "Good ol' Boys" aren't quite the pros they are here ( if so you guy WOULD never have gotten MMJ on a ballet), but back room deals, personal agendas, intimidation and a complete disregard for the voters will, I'd say they qualify as "Good ol' Boys".
good post. good points

good to see city councel has an ethics complaint against him. i know the owners of pure and do biusness with them and have to say he sure picked the wrong group to pick on. these guy's have extreemly deep pockets and alot of local political power. I'm very interested how this is going to all pan out.

Latest posts

Latest posts