What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coins are for more than buying bud!

some Zumbucks I've been collecting

Attachments

• IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 86

Green Squall

I hate to say it but I sold my coin collection....BUT.... I put the money towards gold! I think my grandfather could appreciate that.

St. Phatty

I collected coins when I was a kid, in the 60's.

Used that to help pay for college, when prices were way up, in the late 70's.

And while I was doing that ... Jim Sinclair was selling 900,000 ounces of gold for $810 each, at the 'top'.

Nearly a billionaire in the late 70's or 1980 or whenever.

Now I follow him at
http://www.jsmineset.com/

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Here are some Cannabis coins. I will post the 25 I have...
Some of the photos I did not take but I have the coins,
If anyone knows of any other Cannabis coins please post them or at least let me know where to buy them.
-SamS

Sorry such bad images on these five on the bottom

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
x

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Few more

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Here are some Cannabis coins. I will post the 25 I have...
Some of the photos I did not take but I have the coins,
If anyone knows of any other Cannabis coins please post them or at least let me know where to buy them.

Cool where did you get the ones you have? Those all look to be from private mints, unlike government mints. Although, I did see a couple from DuMonde dated 2010? Those I would be interested in.

You should get a private mint to make you some silver rounds with your logo on the obverse. Then have a few different themes for the reverse. I'd buy one.

Last edited:

Green Squall

Silver is doing good right now. I'm tempted to buy some more before the price goes up anymore. Who thinks this trend will continue?

St. Phatty

New coins in the mail today. I am about to have more coins than seeds.

That's a good kind of problem to have !

Once I kept hard drive backups in a safe deposit box along with 4 100 ounce Engelhard bars. That got so impractical, I sold the bars.

Many years later, I realized -

THAT'S THE KIND OF PROBLEM YOU WANT TO HAVE ... a safe deposit box that's too heavy.

Then I heard about problems with safe deposit boxes.

JP Morgan Chase actually has a policy now - can't store bullion in their SD boxes.

As far as Silver, because the paper price is manipulated as part of the American gov. strong dollar policy, we end up in a situation like the petroleum industry.

e.g. back in 2011, Oil prices higher, fracking going wild. "Petroleum engineer" - HIGH-PAYING JOB !

2016 ... OOPS, we got too many petroleum engineers.

The swings in price make it hard to match supply and demand in certain industries.

Sure is good to hold Silver, especially when it goes into a shortage condition - which it actually has, condition hasn't shown up in the price yet.

rod58

just wondering whether anyone has seen this before ? i've searched high and low but can't find any reference to it ..cheers :tiphat:oh , and the other side is the same !
picture.php

Last edited:

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
just wondering whether anyone has seen this before ? i've searched high and low but can't find any reference to it ..cheers :tiphat:oh , and the other side is the same !
View Image

Hey Rod, that's called exonumia in the world of coin collecting(numismatist). In other words it is not a coin. Exonumia mostly includes tokens and medals of any type from any where. What you have is a token. Most tokens were either "good luck" tokens or "good for" tokens. I say yours is a "good for" token. The $1,000,000.00 questions are where is it good at and what is it good for? You can google exonumia and there are many people that specialize in these type items. Some of these things can be worth some money.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
2016 $1 Native American Reverse Proof coin. The theme is Code Talkers from WWI and WWII. This comes in a set with a low serial number Series 2013 $1 FRN. I'd show the dollar but it has a serial number on it. Fucking weed being illegal I can't even share a hobby.

picture.php

picture.php

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Here is another odd denomination in the history of U.S. coins. Picked this up at a recent coin show. It grades MS-63.

1865 3-cent nickel

picture.php

picture.php