What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coffee lovers poll

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My favourite robusta is from Batangas (southern Luzon) - in the Philippines - that would wake me up with a bang - made thick/black - like oil - hot and bitter - never adulterated with milk/cream or sugar - these days in the UK - I generally settle for a dark French or Italian roast from the supermarket - if I can't get the Batangas fuel like robusta -

romanoweed

me too Ethiopian is the only "expensive" coffe i ever had.

That thing, like you guys described tasted like Grapes, sour Tastes in it like no other Coffe in the Supermarket, doesent matter how much they costed, they all are to satisfy the average Consumer, but not really the Conaisseurs, without costing tooo much to produce i guess..

So, i got this real Conaisseurs Ethiopian coffe, and unlike Alcohol the differences are night and day.
It was so good, i got totally euphoric that something like that exists. The berry, sour flavours (wich i never tasted in coffe before) , they are eyeopening, refresh you truely, theyre much more awkening, and actually remind me of Energydrinks, thats the direction Ethiopian coffe goes..

Very refreshing! I bet it was landrace.. This coffe plus Landrace Sativa, stuff is so good, and gives you actual Vibes.. I discovered the same Finesse i found in Weed , in any old Landrace Food i ate, or Coffe i drunk. Crazy..

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
Deff kopi luwak, yes I know a the civet cat pooped it out. However it taste so Nice. Besides that, middel but mostly dark roasted, always go with Honduras no doubt! That rich cholate taste Damm! I don't get the ethiophian, it's light and I Think lack in rich earthy taste, i know they make "World class" just not my taste. Milk.. always, it complinent the dark taste. If dark the kopi or espresso.

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
me too Ethiopian is the only "expensive" coffe i ever had.

That thing, like you guys described tasted like Grapes, sour Tastes in it like no other Coffe in the Supermarket, doesent matter how much they costed, they all are to satisfy the average Consumer, but not really the Conaisseurs, without costing tooo much to produce i guess..

So, i got this real Conaisseurs Ethiopian coffe, and unlike Alcohol the differences are night and day.
It was so good, i got totally euphoric that something like that exists. The berry, sour flavours (wich i never tasted in coffe before) , they are eyeopening, refresh you truely, theyre much more awkening, and actually remind me of Energydrinks, thats the direction Ethiopian coffe goes..

Very refreshing! I bet it was landrace.. This coffe plus Landrace Sativa, stuff is so good, and gives you actual Vibes.. I discovered the same Finesse i found in Weed , in any old Landrace Food i ate, or Coffe i drunk. Crazy..
True brotha. It´s so sad to see all the originals landraces going to extinction. However it seems like there is a lot more attention on it these days. Ethiopian landrace weed surely have that ´The nature is a beautiful place´ vibe. Then next thought would be, ´ then why are we killing it´.... aa yes greed of course ;)

420empire

Veteran
My favourite robusta is from Batangas (southern Luzon) - in the Philippines - that would wake me up with a bang - made thick/black - like oil - hot and bitter - never adulterated with milk/cream or sugar - these days in the UK - I generally settle for a dark French or Italian roast from the supermarket - if I can't get the Batangas fuel like robusta -
Robusta really? thought it was almost undrinkable. Had coffee in Laos back in 15. But dunno if it was robusta. I asked and they told me it was locally grown (Lung Prabang) lovely town btw.
They did the whole process with a siphon coffeemaker. It should remove the bitter taste. And complimented with some good mellow lao weed. :)

nono_fr

Ethiopian ( Moka ) for the afternoon ! ☕

and south america arabica ( honduras, colombia ... ) for the morning .

My cofee machine ( need to be wash but make good cofee !!! ) :hotbounce

cofee_DSCF0001.JPG

420empire

Veteran
Could it be possible to make an modified closed fermentation tank, with geneticlly modified microrganism etc. Comparable with the stomach content of the civet... and treat the beans the same way..? Hmm..
🤔

romanoweed

is that a joke?, allho a funny one, yeah, im lauchghing, yeha..

No serious, watch the vide,you see the whole process, i dont think they have time after climbing all those trees fo feed and ferment the coffe from "Elephants" ? lol, you have no idea how much i can taste, most people just have no sense for it. I knew imediatly it was the only Landrace Coffe i ever drunk. You feel the Tropics when you drink this one.. You feel the COMPLEXITY, Not the Elephant ass.

420empire

Veteran
Dead serious bro. Lab food is getting big. It will take over some areas of big ag. Deff! The investments are pouring in!
Tastebuds are different u know.

romanoweed

Taste is individual , agred. Doesent change that i promote my Taste, and im very firm.

Did you also try wild Coffe once? or was it more the Ethiopian Sourness you didnt preffere?

Cuddles

I´m no coffee expert by any means but the one I started last year is really smooth and mild and doesn´t upset my gut or anything. It was a lucky find too as I only bought it because it was the cheapest one they have lol, and it turned out to be just right for me :)
Years ago I got to try coffee from Godiva and fell in love with it at the time. They also do chocolate btw.
you can check it out here

hamstring

Veteran
Randy
My question would be where to you get your beans? My local roaster is part of a co-op. He doesn't always have the type of beans I am looking for. I'm not really interested in roasting my own but I am guessing you have some knowledge you could lay on me about beans in general.

pjlive

In the morning's I switch it up a lot but my go-to is a Brazilian whole bean. I do the same thing as I've read some others do by going down to about an espresso grind. I then either use a glass french press or stove top espresso percolator. The two I like best are Peet's Brazil Minas and a Pilao Traditional Roast.

hamstring

Veteran
I have two Cadillacs------Frieling 0104 & 0130. Keep the small one for the expensive coffee.

After examining the photo a little closer it looks like I should have shined them up a bit. Well, at least you know I use them every day.
IMG_0931.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts