What's new

Coco in Containers - Automated Drip System

busybenj

I just built a 20 foot row for 25 sites using 1/2" tubing to 1/4" tubing. I haven't hooked it up to the 1500 gph pump yet, but i'm wondering if it is even going to work. I know I should have used 3/4", but will this setup work for now? I don't want to redo everything.

I just built a 20 foot row for 25 sites using 1/2" tubing to 1/4" tubing. I haven't hooked it up to the 1500 gph pump yet, but i'm wondering if it is even going to work. I know I should have used 3/4", but will this setup work for now? I don't want to redo everything.
ehh.. 1/2" is pretty small. Probably will still work if you only have 25 sites but you will probably have to run your pump for like 8-12 minutes.

just switch it to 3/4 now and then you wont have to do it again after you try to dial in the 1/2 tubing.

You don't have to switch the system after each harv. You just throw your tubing in a 55 gallon drum filled with water and bleach or water and h202 and just let it run so that the pump takes the water through the tubing and out all the drippers while being submerged then you dump out the bleach water mix or whatever you used and then run the pump again being submerged in just plain water. Sometimes ill do the flush/rinse 2 or 3 times just to make sure i got out all the bullshit.

Plus, do they even make a prefilter (Y-Filter or Inline Filter , 150 micron) for 1/2"????

I have only seen them in 3/4" and larger and i would def recommend using one. I have never even attempted to try to run a drip system without since i know how messed up the filter gets after just a few days when running heavy nutes.

Let me know if you have any questions and if i pop on here and see i will try to help you out as much as possible!

dont forget your anti-siphon hole in your tubing so you don't siphon all your water from your rez to your pots once your pump shuts off!

deftron

If you're like me and overthink everything just try this FIRST

...1/4" feeders on 1/2" or 3/4" main line on a little giant (Blue one). Make a loop with a ball valve before your first dripper. Turn the ball valve half closed and test the output for the front and the back.

This seems to even out the higher pressure at the front. worked on a 33 site where I had 4 GPH drippers that clogged so I removed them installed the ball valve and tested the flow. VERY EVEN. or try your luck with the adjustable ones like thedude was saying.

this is great info extactly wat i was doing at the min great info set it in stone for me thanks dude ...peace from ireland were all is green:)

hi dude i have an 16 site grow with 4000w 4 sites each light im using 15litre pots but im using 1/2 inch tubing to 1/4 inch to the pots with adjustable drip stakes is the 1/2 inch tubing to small and why do you say use 3/4 ....i could use 2 more plants per site but space is a factor im growing in a shipping container which is split my space is 10x8x8 and 4 1000w hps in 4 parabloic hoods for good light spread to each site i just have all the plants sitting on saucers so i have to get the run off perfect cheers bro great info ....:)