What's new

CoCo dried out completely

SS-

Ok, one of my drippers failed and one of my plants medium went completely dry. Now when I feed it the water just pours thru and isn't being absorbed by the coco it seems. It also dries out much faster now. What can I do to "restart" the absorbing properties of the CoCo?

unnamedmike

Ok, one of my drippers failed and one of my plants medium went completely dry. Now when I feed it the water just pours thru and isn't being absorbed by the coco it seems. It also dries out much faster now. What can I do to "restart" the absorbing properties of the CoCo?
high !
Put a tray or something under the pot, the drained water will remain in the dish re hydrating the cococoir.

SS-

high !
Put a tray or something under the pot, the drained water will remain in the dish re hydrating the cococoir.
Tried this out since i saw it first. I went a step further and kept 50 percent of the 2gal pot submerged in 5 gal HD bucket. It feels as though it worked as the 2gal is heavier after all run off came out. True test is in a couple hours when the dry back happens. I'll report back in the AM. Thanks folks

StickyBandit

You could water and cover the top to keep it moist or even put wet rags/sponges on top and cover with plastic