What's new

co2 thought

endu11

I have several threads about co2. A few of them talked about misting the plants with carbonated water. Well i thought about taking it one step further with carbonated water. Since i already have low humidity in my grow room. I thought about adding carbonated water to my humidifer . I figured this would kill 2 birds with one stone. Any thoughts on this?

Sorry but dont know about your question but thought I would help by saying, keep it simple in the beginning (KISS) Keep it simple son :)

And also be advised that you can "love your plants to death" but messing around alot.

* Good luck with your CO2 plans :)

endu11

Thanks for the quick response Tactical. Your probably right simple is always best in the beginning, but i figured the seeds i am playing around with are free so what the hell why not experiment alittle. :)

opt1c

Veteran
give em a foliar instead... i've never heard of anyone getting ground breaking results with co2 using anything other than a tank/burner... all the little buckets and whatnot don't seem to do much as i never see people use them more than one grow

a humidifier is a great thing; my growroom can suffer from low rh early in veg so the humidifier is a lifesaver

try to get less exhaust from ur room to give the air in there more time to absorb moisture from the humidifier

i've done things like soak towels in water and put em in a bucket to raise humidity in a pinch; even standing buckets of water... usually the problem goes away with a quickness once the plants fill out though ;)

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
Low humidity? how low? I am always fighting to get my flower room's rel hm down to at least 45%. Anything more than that and I am risking bud rot... In veg, always running at about 50-55%. I control humidity with variable speed controllers for my outtake/intake air. Do you have air in and out? if you are trying to raise humidity i recommend foliar feeding or if you have air in and out, play with the variable to get the desired rel hm. As for co2, I only used it when I had to, i.e. temps were too high because of heat wave.:faint:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
I agree about keeping it simple. Sometimes is giving them to much care attention a lot of new growers just want to do sometimg cause they bored. It's understandable cause your excited and you just want do everything as much as u can. I feel like everyone been there.truth is it will only screw with you. Just let them do there thing. Carbonated water if any should be foilar fed since c02 is uptaken by foliage.(leaves). Or if u want to try the DIY yeast sugar method for natural c02 production. I don't know how much they work or not but u could find Lots of info bout that on here. Anyway. Be easy and good luck. Just remember as others said. rule of thumb. ( K.I.S.S ). Peace

endu11

when i say low humidity it stays around 30%. However its only in the early stages of veg. After that it evens out perfect at 50 . Yes i have both an intake and outtake vent system setup.

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
If you have intake and out-take set up, then what you could do (what I do) is put a variable speed control box on the outtake....this is how I lower/raise humidity. If it is too low I slow down the fan...too high, speed it up.

Frozenguy

Veteran
Adding CO2 is an "advanced" technique. It does nothing on its own, especially with inconsistent concentrations.

First off, CO2 is like the octane rating in gasoline. It doesn't give you more power (yield) it just opens up the window or raises the limits of other components to give you a higher power (yield) cap. You need to increase the lights, nutes, heat, water.

Also, an important factor, is that plants do not react to the CO2 immediatly. It takes them time to adjust and open up to the CO2. Inconsistent levels will leave the plant in a constant state of fluctuation.

Is your room sealed? I had a room that I attempted to seal, and it still couldn't hold a much higher concentration.

With that said, you need to dial out your grow first, knowing the max/limits of your plants. THEN inject CO2 at a monitored/controlled rate to keep consitent levels, at which point you increase your light, increase your nutes and heat and thus "dial in" your grow all over again with brand new limits.

endu11

Thanks for all the helpful replies everyone.They help give me some insight to my thought. I decided just to go without it . Figured it would probably be a waste of time and effort.

Latest posts

Latest posts