What's new

CO MMJ REGISTRY NO LONGER PRIVATE

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hear u, lets see the proof, but it seems there is none right now, and if it actually happened there is no proof for a reason, cuz we are talkn feds here....

SacredBreh

Just some straight input.........

Just some straight input.........

@Monsoon...... You are hitting it right.

1- The officials who participated in such an act would still be subject to state law. A class 1 misdemeanor. All employees would be guilty of State law violation. Only way to avoid prosecution would be to leave the State. PERIOD. They will not extradite from another state for misdemeanor. Plus, remember these people have a job because the registry exists... The State of Colorado makes money off the registered patients frequenting legal stores. Cops get a raise or replace old equipment because of this money.

I personally spoke to a detective at a bust most do not have a problem with legal patients but they do have a problem with the black market competition. They want you spending money in stores, paying taxes. Why do you think the registry dropped the price once they saved the first million to loan to the Dept. of Revenue to start the new Marijuana division. Registry numbers had been dropping for a few months. You can only go to stores and pay taxes if you are registered. They want you going to stores.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPHE-CHEIS/CBON/1251624596414
"All law enforcement procedures are governed by the following confidentiality statute:
CRS § 18-18-406.3(5) states, “Any person including, but not limited to, any officer, employee, or agent of the department, or any officer, employee, or agent of any state or local law enforcement agency, who releases or makes public any confidential record or any confidential information contained in any such record that is provided to or by the marijuana registry of the department without the written authorization of the marijuana registry patient commits a class 1 misdemeanor.”
2- Any medical record is covered by HIPPA. HIPPA covers healthcare and government operations that have electronic medical records. Does not matter if it concerns Medical Marijuana. As a matter of fact, substance abuse records are some of the most protected of all medical records due to protecting those who would otherwise not seek medical or rehab treatment. It is an irony that the registry has the same type medical record but for only slightly different reasons. Want to test it..... "Make up a name. Say.. Bob Smith. Next call any rehab, methadone clinic, etc. ask them if you could speak to Bob Smith. When they refuse to "confirm or deny" the presence of such patient due to Federal HIPPA laws, ask them to explain such laws.
^^^^^ Folks that are at such places, are there for breaking all the laws and worse as any MMJ patient. It doesn't matter. 9 out of 10 of all of those patients will relapse or as the legal system says re-offend or recidivate. When they break the laws again (both State and Fed) they do not lose their HIPPA protections nor State protections. People in substance abuse treatment and still actively using (breaking the law) are protected from being outed to anyone, work, family, etc. HIPPA is HIPPA

***Point is laws do not protect some and not others***

I will not go into detail why and how I know all of this for sure but check it out the way I said or go to a pay phone and call the registry yourself. Yes they could lie to you but they don't need to. I will say....I have decades of first hand experience and if I could say how you would completely understand how secure the registry is..................

Peace

Dorje113

@Monsoon...... You are hitting it right.

1- The officials who participated in such an act would still be subject to state law. A class 1 misdemeanor. All employees would be guilty of State law violation. Only way to avoid prosecution would be to leave the State. PERIOD. They will not extradite from another state for misdemeanor. Plus, remember these people have a job because the registry exists... The State of Colorado makes money off the registered patients frequenting legal stores. Cops get a raise or replace old equipment because of this money.

I personally spoke to a detective at a bust most do not have a problem with legal patients but they do have a problem with the black market competition. They want you spending money in stores, paying taxes. Why do you think the registry dropped the price once they saved the first million to loan to the Dept. of Revenue to start the new Marijuana division. Registry numbers had been dropping for a few months. You can only go to stores and pay taxes if you are registered. They want you going to stores.

2- Any medical record is covered by HIPPA. HIPPA covers healthcare and government operations that have electronic medical records. Does not matter if it concerns Medical Marijuana. As a matter of fact, substance abuse records are some of the most protected of all medical records due to protecting those who would otherwise not seek medical or rehab treatment. It is an irony that the registry has the same type medical record but for only slightly different reasons. Want to test it..... "Make up a name. Say.. Bob Smith. Next call any rehab, methadone clinic, etc. ask them if you could speak to Bob Smith. When they refuse to "confirm or deny" the presence of such patient due to Federal HIPPA laws, ask them to explain such laws.
^^^^^ Folks that are at such places, are there for breaking all the laws and worse as any MMJ patient. It doesn't matter. 9 out of 10 of all of those patients will relapse or as the legal system says re-offend or recidivate. When they break the laws again (both State and Fed) they do not lose their HIPPA protections nor State protections. People in substance abuse treatment and still actively using (breaking the law) are protected from being outed to anyone, work, family, etc. HIPPA is HIPPA

***Point is laws do not protect some and not others***

I will not go into detail why and how I know all of this for sure but check it out the way I said or go to a pay phone and call the registry yourself. Yes they could lie to you but they don't need to. I will say....I have decades of first hand experience and if I could say how you would completely understand how secure the registry is..................

Peace

And the feds don't give a f$#k about any of that.

They do whatever the f$#k they want, legal or not, you can try to sue them later....

SacredBreh

^^^ Yeah but they do give a F#%# about this....

^^^ Yeah but they do give a F#%# about this....

Why else have you not seen raids on Doctors offices, hospitals, or government lists?..... These are under a different class than dispensaries or the other entities.

Not sayin if DHS or someone wanted them on the down low they wouldn't get them.... see other statements on the thread.

Point is for the Feds. to use that info it would go public. Yes you would be able to sue but that is not what would stop them.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/phy...ability-act/hipaa-violations-enforcement.page
HIPAA Violations and Enforcement

Failure to comply with HIPAA can result in civil and criminal penalties (42 USC § 1320d-5).
Civil Penalties
The “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009”(ARRA) that was signed into law on February 17, 2009, established a tiered civil penalty structure for HIPAA violations (see below).

HIPAA Violation Minimum Penalty Maximum Penalty:
Each person involved-
HIPAA violation due to willful neglect
$10,000 per violation, with an annual maximum of $250,000 for repeat violations $50,000 per violation, with an annual maximum of $1.5 million HIPAA violation is due to willful neglect and is not corrected $50,000 per violation, with an annual maximum of $1.5 million $50,000 per violation, with an annual maximum of $1.5 million
^^^^^ that is the Civil side

is in violation of HIPAA regulations. Such persons are subject to the following criminal penalties:

• a fine of up to $50,000, or up to 1 year in prison, or both; (Class 6 Felony)
  • if the offense is committed under false pretenses, a fine of up to $100,000, up to 5 years in prison, or both; (Class 5 Felony)
  • if the offense is committed with intent to sell, transfer, or use individually identifiable health information for commercial advantage, personal gain, or malicious harm, a fine up to $250,000, or up to 10 years in prison, or both. (Class 4 Felony)
^^^^^ criminal side in Fed court. Not a slap on the hand. All employees and anyone involved.

Per person (medical record) and event!

You have seen raids on dispensaries and private entities, nothing involving other government entities or actual healthcare providers.............It is not even close to the same.

Peace

macdiesel

Way to start rumors moron.

If this was true, don't you think the media would have ran with it?

OH YEAH!!!! CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!

The weed is making you paranoid and delusional.

PS-Good post Sacred

kolah

K. Chippi and 10 other people saw this fed raid?

I find it odd that not one of them had a cellphone on-hand to click off some pictures on this event as it happened.

If there was any truth to this I'd think Chippi would be filing a huge class action lawsuit against every state worker who was responsible for violating the HIPPA policy and other state privacy rights. And if so, why wouldn't "Mr Weed" aka lawyer Rob Correy be all over this case like a bum on a baloney sandwich?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
looking forlornly at colorado statute clusterfuck.
WA is attempting to follow COs example.

falling out is looking like falling in.

stay safe my friends.

eternal peace and contentment...

Obsidian

Veteran
kolah talk to K, she keeps on bitching about this all the time.
they called people and more.
why was nothing done?
she already invested over $50,000 of her own cash into lawsuits with that dickwad corey
who did nothing except steal the cash.
before you spout your drivel, go ask her yourself.

SacredBreh

Seems we have had so many people rounded up since this raid! Whew, glad we were warned in time!

Oh, wait....no arrests, release of info, fight by the Feds about legalisation, posturing by Fed Attorny General, no anything.....at all. So what was the point of this top secret raid?!?

I guess they just wanted the info.....took the chance for nothing.....YEAH RIGHT!

Believe what you want

Peace

kolah

kolah talk to K, she keeps on bitching about this all the time.
they called people and more.
why was nothing done?
she already invested over $50,000 of her own cash into lawsuits with that dickwad corey
who did nothing except steal the cash.
before you spout your drivel, go ask her yourself.

I commented and questioned it because I have never heard anything related to this suppossed occurance, not in the news, mainstream or alternative.

Is my comment considered "drivel" for wondering why 10 people were eyewitnesses yet no one snapped off a picture of these feds ransacking through the files?

So Rob Corry took $50k and did nothing? and again, none of this reported in any media outlets? BTW I do not care for Corry one bit, he's a wolf in sheeps clothing, if you ask me.

I do not know Kathy Chippi and have no way to contact her. The only information I have gotten was from reading posts on Grow Forums (and sometimes it's not always a reliable source)

I'd like to see some strong evidence that this event actually happened....more than just hearsay. That's all I'm saying.

kolah

I'm following up with Kathleen after this. If you want to see if it happened, go try and buy a gun.

Your post was from uly 2012. What did you find?

and btw, I am a CO redcard holder and purchased a rifle in August, no problems.

kolah

Sorry man, forget it, I just saw your followup post.

Is there no edit or delete buttons???

GreenChill

Yup one of the ones I bought, has a horrible reputation, a large capacity, and rapidly discharges. Im pretty sure that wouldnt of happened, if the raid had.