What's new

cloning 101..

beejaybug

Hi everyone~
im a newbie and am on my second run now after some original setbacks. Now that things are finally on track I want to clone some babies. I need help, from A-Z I don't know anything about it, other than the fact that it is almost time. I am super excited but want to do everything correctly so my babies survive and thrive, and also so mamas stay high yield. Any advice/ tips would be greatly appreciated. Much love and thanks for the support!!!

sneaky101

Hey beejay. Everyone does it different. I've changed my cloning method 3 or 4 times now in as many years. I would suggest to do a search for cloning, there is a plethera of info out there on this site. One tip I'm sure you will hear and see from everyone is always use clean tools. Rub alcohol on the blades before use to sterilize them...and I have always used cloning gel, seems to do me pretty good.

Good luck!

beejaybug

thanks sneaky for the response and the tips! I will go do some more research and then come back with questions, good idea! thanks! happy growing!

bee,
One thing thats worked SUPER good for me is good ol Dip n Grow.Hormone and an alcohol base for sterilization all in one. Awesome stuff for any level!

Humidity dome tray and rockwool super simple+tried and true!

I use the little 1 by 1 rockwool cubes,a tray with humidity dome and keep the tray on for about 3-4 days then off for the rest because I live in a semi humid area so its ok.Mist the cuts the first time to help lessen the droop.Initial soak of course then manual soaking the cubes when needed with very light nute solution and presto roots busting out in 8-10 days with a typical 95%+ sucess rate.
I always over take cuts just in case some dont pop or some are runts which sometimes can happen.

Good luck,
Herb

littlebud

take cuts with atleast two nodes on a fresh growth area with clean razor blade just above a node rapid rooters soaked in 6.0 ph water..rapid rooter tray with dome if you are in low humidity( you want like 75%humidity..2 feet away from flouresent lighting..make sure rooters stay damp and humidity is good temps between 70 and 85 degrees..you can mist the top of the dome with water and pump sprayer if you need to raise the humidity....most strains with this i get roots within 7 days...peace..i have cloned for ten years

Latest posts

Latest posts