What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

Click here for Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester, or don't. I don't care.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I have been waiting to start these testers, but can resist no longer. I've been following Dave Coulier's thread for a while now. When I saw him looking for testers, I had to jump at the opportunity. I'll be dropping five in water tomorrow night.
picture.php

This is the pheno I'm looking for. Let's get this show on the road! Photo credit to Dave Coulier.
picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
Nice! I've never met a Durban that I did not like. Hoping ultra successful for you!!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Not much to see yet. 4/5 seeds up. They will get transferred to cups in a day or so.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Durban Poison seedlings got transplanted into paper cups three days ago. I covered them with plastic bags to create a humidity dome. Now I'm hardening them off, spraying them every couple of hours. I swear the one on the top is already showing purple.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Two weeks since the Durban Poison seeds were above soil, the seedlings are working on their third node. One is stunted or stressed, notice it has a single leaf blade. I need to transplant the cups into something slightly bigger. I think I have some square pots laying around. I am hoping I can time this to give them a round in the no-till cab. The Ancestral Skunk #1 should be done in another three or four weeks, so these should be big enough by then to start showing pre-flowers. I, unfortunately, wont be able to keep any males.
picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Supporter
Oh no, you caught Couties.

See what I did there? Fuckin' hilarious.

Dave Coulier

Thanks for the update Reiko. Can you tell me how much solution you water each time and how often? I ask because I had recent issues with over-watering with my latest batch of DP. I doubt they're any more sensitive than any other line, but just going from watering 1oz to 2oz of water in 9 oz dixie cups was enough to cause significant water-stress and dead roots, which lead to me losing multiple seedlings.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks for the update Reiko. Can you tell me how much solution you water each time and how often? I ask because I had recent issues with over-watering with my latest batch of DP. I doubt they're any more sensitive than any other line, but just going from watering 1oz to 2oz of water in 9 oz dixie cups was enough to cause significant water-stress and dead roots, which lead to me losing multiple seedlings.

Dave, I was watering until runoff every three days. I didn't measure how much volume, but I'm guessing about two to theree ounces each. They were getting quite dry in that time period.

The Durban Poison plants got transplanted today. Those 12 oz. cups were drying out too fast. They were super easy to transplant though. Rip down the seam then around the bottom and slide the root ball out. The roots were nice and white, I think I timed this transplant perfect. They got watered with aloe, fulvic, silica, kelp, and malted barley.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Durban poisons are getting pretty big. No signs of sex yet. I got a little bit of burn from spraying with the lights on. They are getting watered every three days with very little (if any) run off.
picture.php

Dave Coulier

Durban poisons are getting pretty big. No signs of sex yet. I got a little bit of burn from spraying with the lights on. They are getting watered every three days with very little (if any) run off.
View Image

Damn ReikoX , they look great! You've done wonders with them over the last 10 days or so. Proud of ya! :biggrin:

Doesn't look like you got any of the short broad leaf plants. Maybe you'll find a couple of them in the remaining seeds. Once you get these ladies into flower, it wont be long until you want to pop the rest of the seeds.