What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Class reunion

Cuddles

So I called my mum last night and she mentioned that she´s got a class reunion this evening. It had been planned for last year but corona got in the way.
And I of course expressed my concern about this but she says they´re all vaccinated etc and everything was taken care of in this matter. I said that it´s still rather a lot of people together in one room and she tells me that there´s only 12 of them left these days...

Must pretty sad and depressing when all those people you´ve known for so long just die away like that.... :(

moose eater

So I called my mum last night and she mentioned that she´s got a class reunion this evening. It had been planned for last year but corona got in the way.
And I of course expressed my concern about this but she says they´re all vaccinated etc and everything was taken care of in this matter. I said that it´s still rather a lot of people together in one room and she tells me that there´s only 12 of them left these days...

Must pretty sad and depressing when all those people you´ve known for so long just die away like that.... :(

I read the obituaries more routinely these days. When you reach an age or circumstance that more and more of the names in there are familiar to you, there's several ways to look at it.

You can put Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" on the stereo, or you can grieve the passing of another generation.

Me, I consider all of my unfinished projects, and ask myself, "Where am I going to get the energy and focus to complete all of this stuff?"

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
It is one of the sad consequences of aging - watching friends and family die. And not to forget the near daily death toll of actors, musicians and the rich and famous that entertained us throughout the years. It is like my own life and all of the history attached, is being put on a dusty shelf to be forgotten.

But . . . that's life. :skiiing:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
........... and it only gets worse, wait until you reach the age where the adult children of your friends start to die off, the ones you've know for their entire lives. :shucks:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran

It all depends on how you look at it. Some people want to live forever and cling on to life as long as possible, for those seeing friends pass can be sad and depressing. Others on the other hand live more in the moment and value living a full life more then living a long life. For those the passing of an old friend is only sad when it happens unexpectedly and too soon, robbing that person of the opportunity to live their own full life.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
It all depends on how you look at it. Some people want to live forever and cling on to life as long as possible,................

I've started doing volunteer work at the nearby Veterans Affair Hospital and alla the guys want to live forever no matter how impractical that might be, except for the ones far enough into the death process that they've just given up and accepted the inevitable. :shucks:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
........... and it only gets worse, wait until you reach the age where the adult children of your friends start to die off, the ones you've know for their entire lives. :shucks:

I have seen the next generation die off from drugs and stoopit stuff. At the little pool bar I go to, it seems like a bunch of the next gen are gone. A bunch of my gen also.

Life's short, take a kid fishing and eat ice cream with them.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I've started doing volunteer work at the nearby Veterans Affair Hospital and alla the guys want to live forever no matter how impractical that might be, except for the ones far enough into the death process that they've just given up and accepted the inevitable. :shucks:

Like I said, some want to cling on to life indefinitely. It has been my experience however that the overwhelming majority of those are people who feel like they didn't live a productive and full life, that there is something they still need to finish in life before they let go.

PassionForMJ

It is one of the sad consequences of aging - watching friends and family die. And not to forget the near daily death toll of actors, musicians and the rich and famous that entertained us throughout the years. It is like my own life and all of the history attached, is being put on a dusty shelf to be forgotten.

But . . . that's life. :skiiing:

Deep man, so you have thought about all those said and unsaid words, done and un done actions, memories, knowledge, etccc
Thinking off all of that just gone in a mere second.
Not easy to make a big mark in life anymore, but wherever I am I will make the best I can of it, and hope somebody remembers me, and the day never come where my name is never spoken again, a smile when saying my name is never smiled again.
I become a mere lost soul, lost memory drift aloft in the wind of life..

PassionForMJ

Man, I still hope I can get my old account back, before I do a grow thread anyway..

Life is short, live hard, love deep, love long, smile, let petty shit go, if you make just a few good memories, in somebodies heart you will never be forgotten...

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All my closest bestest and dearest friends are gone. Funny thing is that if anyone would have made predictions.....twould have been "I" who would have gone first.