What's new

Cinderella 99 2016

Treevly

Is it the case that Grimms had one version before the 2016 version and one after? Is there a preference?
Thanks

(I actually have a jar of seeds from a 1997 C99 muther, but the father is unknown, one of four strains grown: C99, GWS, and the other two have names but probably only existed on the market for one season: Aunt Jenny and Dave's Favorite Stone. Given the unknown factor, I will probably never grow them.)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Funny that because C99 wasn't released till late 1999/ early 2000 - and I was one of only two outlets for its distribution - 1. Being - Heaven's Stairway - 2. Being - Seedsdirect -

Last edited:

Treevly

I was going by memory, so if I erred, I am willing to eat three kilos of piping-hot camel pooh in contrition. Mr. Soul is quoted in his Cinderella story saying that he found the infamous Magic Jack Herer seeds in 1996, but I can see it possibly talking three years to bring 99 to market. Still, I am keen to verify that Grimms released three separate version: original, 2016, and a more recent one.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There was a reason for it to be called Cinderella'99 - because it was released in 1999 -

Ncali

Veteran
Yeah i always thought it was referencing the % princess, hence her relatives p75, etc. Cool marketing if it was also the release year.

LostTribe

Premium user
to answer the original question yes they are indeed two totally different seed lines. The new99 is a hybrid and unfortunately not very cindyesque by all accounts by those that have run the originals and the new99.

Pop those old beans they are gold.

Treevly

to answer the original question yes they are indeed two totally different seed lines. The new99 is a hybrid and unfortunately not very cindyesque by all accounts by those that have run the originals and the new99.

Pop those old beans they are gold.

Thanks very much for that. Unfortunately, my old seeds are also hybrid, being either 99 x 99, 99 x Great White Shark, or 99 x 1 of 2 critters which passed into history. In my view, I have a 50/50 chance of it being a good cross. Either of the first two would be good. I have both that old batch and the recent Grimm specimens. They look fairly similar, except the old ones look as if they had been in the oven longer and have better colour. My buddy was not expecting seeds, but as he said at the time, "It seems that I missed a male." The choice is important because I just need a male with which to cube one or two good Kush-type hybrids from fem-seeded plants. I suppose I'll choose the old ones and hope for the best. Selective breeding will have to do the job after that.

LostTribe

Premium user
Is it the case that Grimms had one version before the 2016 version and one after? Is there a preference?
Thanks

(I actually have a jar of seeds from a 1997 C99 muther, but the father is unknown, one of four strains grown: C99, GWS, and the other two have names but probably only existed on the market for one season: Aunt Jenny and Dave's Favorite Stone. Given the unknown factor, I will probably never grow them.)

I would expect your hybrid orginal c99 to show up very strongly in any F1 cross. Pop them!

Treevly

I would expect your hybrid orginal c99 to show up very strongly in any F1 cross. Pop them!

Right. That simplifies my gig a little. They've been in a 1 1/2 ounce liqueur bottle for 20 years or so, but all that time has been refrigerated or frozen, so I expect enough of them will do the trick.
I may even end up with a bunch of Original 99 F1s, now that I consider that. :)