What's new

Christmas Wish List

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Christmas wish is for 'truth in education'.......

My Christmas wish is for 'truth in education'.......

:rant: Oh Yeah!!! The lies in education start real early in life!!! :rant:

For all of you overseas not familiar with the "Dick and Jane" series of books (Dick, Jane, Spot, Sally, Tim, Puff) I'll tell you that they've been our (USA) 1st grade reading books since the 30's. Sure they tell of the joys of childhood, but not any of what's really in store for Dick later in life, oh no!

How about the fact that after a lifetime of friendship Dick gets married to Sally, then just a year later she divorces him & gets half of Dicks shyt! I'd have understood that if they twisted it into me losing my toys if I got Sally mad enough at me that she could take them, I could've handled the truth!

How about that famous phrase, "See Spot run!" never on a leash btw & add in the following... "And bite the neighbors kid!" See "Dick & Jane in Conciliation Court" is a title that comes to mind....... I shoulda been warned.

There's more truth in the 'Cat in the Hat' & 'Green Eggs & Ham' by Dr. Suess than in the Dick & Jane readers.

Truth is once they have you in school and generating a 'report card' based on behavior and intelligence per child the games in life are over! Start telling the truth for a change....... OK, I'm done w/ my fun & ranting 4 now.

G

S4L: I can't tell if you're seious or joking........

Do you really want 5 and 6 year old kids reading about divorce and everything? Its called innocence, and I think that if you're blessed enough to have your child grow up in a society that allows it momentarily, you should allow it so they can enjoy life a little more.

Besides that, lies in education just teach the smarter children to be discerning so they're prepared for the rest of the lies of society that will come at them later in life. Ithink it's useful experience.

back on topic.......

I'd really like a couple 4'x2' 8 bulb t5's, A hydrohut, my electric bill and car insurance paid, and a list of other grow supplies.

wouldn't mind a nice custom steamroller

Pair of some fatty twintip skis with some wide brakes and a new pair of boots.....

To be honest though, none of this is gonna happen. I explicitly told family members that I didn't want much for christmas, and if they want to get me something to keep it small.

I guess after saying that, I might understand where S4L is coming from now. I just wish we'd encourage our kids to give to others or do something to help instead of asking for presents and getting upset when they don't get some huge thing they wanted.

Latest posts

Latest posts