What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Choice buds , white mold a bud rot beginning

mountainoutlaw

Been very blessed with scattered showers every 2 or 3 days, but humidity at my op is sky high. Can't change that.

I'm thinking copper fungicide, however I need what you would do to bring in the harvest.
Flowers are super terped out so I want to preserve that for sure.

Caught it early. Only two side branch mid way flowers and got the white mold on sugar leaves around bottom of flowers.

Removed all leaves and flowers affected. Temporarily sprayed Arden BioCide- biological fungicide (all I had on hand). Tried some bacillus am as prevention.

Need an effective but safe method here fellas. Thanks. -mtn outlaw.
IMG_20230811_162633028.jpg

IMG_20230811_163516599_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230811_154109852.jpg

Ca++

In some countries, you have to accept it's free green if you get any, but you simply might not. This year, I have not been back once. I know it's pointlessly wet, with RH over 80% on average. Last year was so dry, I went out but didn't plant them. It's the first time I have failed twice on the trot, so it's disheartening, but such is life.

If you just want nice photo's, then many commercial growers use eagle. They find it in drugs testing quite often. I wish there was a useful product, but what I have found, is just mild help. When little bits like that are going, this early, you need a miracle, not a crutch. Your weather reminds me of home. Where cannabis isn't found in the wild. It just isn't for our climate. Though most years it works out alright.

mountainoutlaw

Screenshot_20230812-080013.png
Screenshot_20230812-080411.png

Gonna go with the last one I believe, going spray 3percent peroxide now.... Just straight 3 percent...do I need mix with water?

Ca++

I'm not sure about killing flavour. I'm more concerned about killing your customers.
Regalia Maxx is about the best approved treatment. Might not get Maxx in the states, but it's just a concentration issue I read.

Regalia gets the plant working, rather than doing something itself. Which doesn't excite me.
Luna Privilege has no cannabis approval, but is approved for tobacco. Tests put it ahead of Regalia.

Ca++

I'm not sure about copper soap. You are going to smoke that. I bet it lists hard skin fruits, that need washing. Not flowers to smoke.

mountainoutlaw

Heading out today, gonna do a peroxide spray...then go citric acid route.

Copper fungicide won't kill you btw, and is approved, however, upon research, it's only effective at killing the spores not the actual full grown mold. Despite what companies say.

Im also thinking of ......fml...don't wanna do this....making another fenced plot and moving the latest flowers there in hopes of increasing air flow and less crowding.

mountainoutlaw

These are in early flower. No signs of any molds...gonna move some things around , too many to move all of em...so I'll be strategic.
IMG_20230811_125720919_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20230810-133700.png

IMG_20230811_125706645_HDR.jpg

mountainoutlaw

Mid flower varieties....these are the ones showing signs....humidity around 80.
Gonna peroxide treatment and move...maybe do minor defoliation in hopes of less transpiration from leaves.
IMG_20230811_125429019.jpg

IMG_20230811_125346223.jpg

Screenshot_20230810-133723.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts