What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Thai Revival

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone.

It's been awhile and I'm giving these another go.

Attachments

• photo2123469.jpg
    photo2123469.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2123470.jpg
    photo2123470.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 51

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There maybe a problem when the seed germs.
I want to know what others have used safely to clean the seed coat of germs.

Petrochemical

Hi everyone.

It's been awhile and I'm giving these another go.
I had a guy that used to go to the dog park I went to head to little French Bulldogs went out west and got himself some clones of chocolate Thai that he grows on his parents property and this last season he did really really well he had three or four phenotypes that were just astonishing for being outdoors definitely a keeperin those Seeds I bet

Petrochemical

Also is g a I assume you're referring to gibberic acid, sp? that is that the same compounds that are in the gelatinous coating of a tomato seed because I've seen people put their cannabis seeds in tomatoes that have been sliced open that gelatinous seed casing whatever it is the my stuff and it seemed to work great for them I don't know just throwing it out there as an option

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was informed about this earlier today and ordered some. Let you all know when it arrives and I test it on these 30 + year old seeds.

SuperGerm is a combination of different growth hormones that plants normally create in very low concentrations. An exact mix of Gibberellins (GA), Alpha Amylase (AA), Abscisic Acid (ABA) and vitamins penetrate seed to overcome seed dormancy and kick start early growth.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also is g a I assume you're referring to gibberic acid, sp? that is that the same compounds that are in the gelatinous coating of a tomato seed because I've seen people put their cannabis seeds in tomatoes that have been sliced open that gelatinous seed casing whatever it is the my stuff and it seemed to work great for them I don't know just throwing it out there as an option
Yeah that's interesting.

These Choc T are a special case and I will do small trials with different methods.

I have pure GA and the SuperGerm on the way.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The seeds have a fungus growing on them and I will be doing a peroxide soak first.
The peroxide will remove anything restricting germination, while boosting oxygen for faster germination.
Let you know when I receive everything I need and give more details of the process.

Nannymouse

Something that i thought that i might add and question...i've read that women have VERY much more highly developed senses of smell than men, and even greater sense of smell when ovulating. I dunno who are guys and who are gals here, but usually, it's a boys' club. Wondering how many of you have the females in your life, help to describe the plant aromas, when growing and after? Maybe too off topic, but thought that it might 'be a thing' with the chocolate strains.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Something that i thought that i might add and question...i've read that women have VERY much more highly developed senses of smell than men, and even greater sense of smell when ovulating. I dunno who are guys and who are gals here, but usually, it's a boys' club. Wondering how many of you have the females in your life, help to describe the plant aromas, when growing and after? Maybe too off topic, but thought that it might 'be a thing' with the chocolate strains.
I am a man, but I can confirm that my partner is much better than me at identifying and describing the scents of cannabis, even the most delicate ...
PS, my partner doesn't smoke ....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you don't get the shell cracked after a few days crack it yourself(BE CAREFUL) and place them into a moist PT sealed up in a baggie. Adding some warmth also helps. I use this method for all my hard to germ seeds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts