What's new

Chinese cannabis from the Yunnan province?

M

michael68

I've been lucky enough to receive some beans from a very close friend of mine who visits Kunming quite often and has family there. I've been trying to do some research on the region and apparently drug cultivar cannabis isn't too common there due to being China and all but some is clearly cultivated in the outskirts.

Anyway the smoke and beans he got were from the same person, no hash either, he described it as a "powerful and sweet/minty cherry smoke". Not much to work with at all, not much description on the plants either besides some small compact and some a little bigger. So I assume there's something real nice to be found.

Anyone have experience with these? Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to grow some this year, indoor or out. :/

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
My favorite plant to date that I've ever grown.
peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Why, may I ask?

The Asian genetics as a whole are the most exciting and varied in cannabis genetics. From phenotypic expressions the variations from comatose effects to the wildest, funniest, scariest to electric can be found in China Yunnan.
Environmental conditions/triggers have a greater effect on this particular region of genetics than on any other region I have grown.

I have grown out genetics from every corner of the world. I have a genetics library containing over 150 strains/hybrids. I have grown out at least 80 of them. By far landrace/geographic specific, regional genetics are my favorite.

The expressions and highs from China Yunnan are very special. The breeding advantages with China Yunnan, especially for Northern outdoor growers is un equaled. It can easily replace ruderalis in breeding programs.
. While Ruderalis is two to three weeks faster on average flowering onset. The final quality of genetics is vastly inferior. Dubi is very deserving of much credit and gratitude for bringing these genetics to the masses

I certainly hope that he would re release them again. When they first came out the average grower, hell even breeders. Didn't know/understand the full potential of China Yunnan genetics. I have strived throughout my years of growing to gain knowledge about acclimatization and genetic frequencies.
China Yunnan in my opinion has more to offer in quality than any other genetics base. It should be esteemed and revered as the legendary work horse it is. Without breaking out notebooks and going into piles of observational notes. Please trust my years of experience in comparison of these genetics.
peace farmerlion