What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chill Steel Pipes- The Newest in New!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I got this new bong over the summer that I really like. It's made of steel with a kind of ceramic lining. The stem part comes off, so you can drop full size ice cubes in the water. This disassembly feature also makes it super easy to clean. And they're really cool looking (ymmv) and come in a bunch of different colors and patterns. You can even mix 'n' match the top and bottom to customize your rig. It's got a regular 14mm opening, so you can use your own bowls and downstems if you want to, and it will accomodate an ash catcher or banger.
The only real downside to it is, it's not clear like glass, so you can't see the smoke. So if that's a big deal for you, as it is for some of my friends, you won't like it. But to me, if that's a downside, it's the only one I can really see. Priced at about what you'd expect to pay for a quality bong.
If you like to try different ways of smoking, or you're just hooked on buying gear, lol, here's something kinda new. Check it out, the Chill Steel Pipe.
hill02.png

p.s.- The link takes you to YouTube.

Last edited:

goingrey

Nice looking bong. I like how it comes apart so you can just put the parts in the dishwasher.

The steel mouthpiece tube seems dangerous. This thing is gonna knock some teeth out of people's mouths.

Wonder why they used aluminum for the downtube.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Nice looking bong. I like how it comes apart so you can just put the parts in the dishwasher.

The steel mouthpiece tube seems dangerous. This thing is gonna knock some teeth out of people's mouths.

NOT dish water safe. Clean it with some isopropyl and a couple paper towels.

How would this bong knock teeth out any worse than a glass bong? And if a stoner can't take some bong hits without needing dental work, maybe they should stick to joints.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I don't know, but if you didn't like the aluminum downtube, you could use an ordinary glass one. That's what I do, actually. Reason being, the aluminum gets condensation when it gets cold, and it gets a little sloppy.

goingrey

NOT dish water safe.
Well that's a hell of a missed opportunity.

How would this bong knock teeth out any worse than a glass bong?
Yeah I was expecting it to be substantial steel that wouldn't give or be the weakest point in an impact with teeth, and it doesn't even have a rounded edge. But I guess it could be thin hollow walls or whatever.

And if a stoner can't take some bong hits without needing dental work, maybe they should stick to joints.
Accidents happen.. Well designed products take that into account.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
For the accident prone or germophobic bong smoker- The Mouth Peace!
mp1.png

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Guess I was a little ahead of the curve on this pipe. Tommy Chong is teaming with Chill Steel Pipe and Jerome Baker Designs to create the Tommy Chong model!

Tommy Chong Teams with Chill Steel Pipes
Chill Steel Pipes has teamed up with Jerome Baker Designs and the legendary Tommy Chong to launch the limited edition Tommy Chong Chill Bong. Available in blue or red with a stoner-paisley bandana pattern and adorned with a antique silver style Tommy Chong Bong badge, only 600 of each design will be released ahead of 4/20.

Ca++

Well that's a hell of a missed opportunity.

Yeah I was expecting it to be substantial steel that wouldn't give or be the weakest point in an impact with teeth, and it doesn't even have a rounded edge. But I guess it could be thin hollow walls or whatever.

Accidents happen.. Well designed products take that into account.
The tube on the blue one looks very substantial. Look at the thread though. It's rolled not machined. It's also about 1.5 turns, and I don't see where the O'ring is. Without which, people will never feel satisfied it's tight enough, and what's rolled in, will pull out. Long term, it might not suit people with big hands. Though they could break a glass one sooner.

I guess Jerome read this thread, and put the bong guys and Tommy in a room
Can't of been any other way :)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
There's an O-ring. This bong works great. I'm not new to this game. Everybody's a critic, I guess.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
We only know what we can see.

That mouthpiece is made from recycled rubbers. Put it in the bin :)
I don't own that mouthpiece and wouldn't want it. I was offering it mockingly to someone who was concerned that he might injure himself on this bong.

JKD

Veteran
I got this new bong over the summer that I really like. It's made of steel with a kind of ceramic lining. The stem part comes off, so you can drop full size ice cubes in the water. This disassembly feature also makes it super easy to clean. And they're really cool looking (ymmv) and come in a bunch of different colors and patterns. You can even mix 'n' match the top and bottom to customize your rig. It's got a regular 14mm opening, so you can use your own bowls and downstems if you want to, and it will accomodate an ash catcher or banger.
The only real downside to it is, it's not clear like glass, so you can't see the smoke. So if that's a big deal for you, as it is for some of my friends, you won't like it. But to me, if that's a downside, it's the only one I can really see. Priced at about what you'd expect to pay for a quality bong.
If you like to try different ways of smoking, or you're just hooked on buying gear, lol, here's something kinda new. Check it out, the Chill Steel Pipe.
View attachment 18812009

p.s.- The link takes you to YouTube.

Have one on the way, thanks Jelly

Ca++

I don't own that mouthpiece and wouldn't want it. I was offering it mockingly to someone who was concerned that he might injure himself on this bong.
Yes, I too was only joking. It's not latex, it's silicone. People have an eye for different things. It can even be cultural. The US eye will generally see the whole, which can lead to the idea of bigger being better. While the Japanese see all the components individually, which can lead to the idea of complexity. Something like sticker bomb wallpaper looks entirely different to people on each side of that pond.

I'm Germanic and can't help thinking the easy clean solution is quite the opposite. I like the idea of the window, but non of them actually have it. I don't like the use of alloy, which has alzheimers links. I do like the insulated idea though, which sets this apart. I'm just looking at technical spec, and ignoring the range of colours that the website is using to sell that one bong. Which unusually, lacks an evacuation port.

I don't like the look of my car, but I'm on my 4th, because of logistics. Others buy cars as outfit accessories. Others just need a car.
We all want different things from our bongs.

Don't get me wrong. I like it.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
What's an evacuation port? A carburetor?

The pipe doesn't have metal exposed, so I'm not at all worried about Alzheimers.

This company is now offering glass mouthpieces, so if you want to see the bubbles, you can.

I can only repeat that this bong is very easy to clean, much easier than glass. I have had mine for over a year-it's sturdy.

I guess it's not for everybody, but damn, if it's good enough for Tommy Chong, it ought to be good enough for most heads.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I think it WILL work if you click on it. Because it's an over 18 video, you have to go to YouTube to watch it. But yeah, I really like the Chill Steel Pipe and its accessories. I still have my glass pieces, but the Chill has found a place in my routine.