What's new

Chiba

Chiba lives! Good to hear, I may one day try this Chiba hehehe :) such history behind these old lines, can't help but to appreciate and absorb all the stories!

harvestreaper

Veteran
just stumbled on this thread trying to find info on the chiba, interesting reading ,, is there any pics of her in veg as in strucutre ,leaf etc as im trying to identify a plant that I belive is same strain ,

idiit

Veteran
i don't have any veg pics. looks typical sativa. leaves not too narrow. i'm doing strain preservation run and can get some outdoor shots up when they are big enough (seedlings just going into individual pots).

harvestreaper

Veteran
hi idit thanks for the fast reply , I have a female which I think comes from same source as yours but after several months of not being able to germinate the seeds I threw them outside an one came up im 95% sure its chiba but because of me throwing it outside and never having seen the strain there an element of doubt it could be something else, kinda stocky plant dark green an quite wide leaves its unlike anything else I have so im hopeful but I wouldn't say typical sativa il try an upload a pic if you wouldn't mind taking a look

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

here she is,, any comments appreciated

idiit

Veteran
looks like a good choco chiba under white light (mh?). under hps she seems to have narrower leaves and stretchy.

there are thai strains with very wide leaves at early veg. there are quite a few sativas that start with wider leaves and then migrate into narrower leaves during growing phases.

^^ i wonder why she is flowering out so early.

brazilian seed company was my source. it this yours? zamalito was an eye witness to luiz fritman getting this strain.

edited to add:

i've never seen a post saying that the light can change the leaf from narrow to skinny but i have seen broader leaves under white light than under hps. i use cfl's for early veg and hps for later. maybe it's just the sativas going into later stages that brings out narrower leaves.
idiit

harvestreaper

Veteran
hi iddit ,thanks for confirming her for me i hear what your saying about wide leaves on sativas seen that on some malawis ,she grmed outside was brought under t5 {very close} for a few weeks then went outside for a few weeks more and has been under led couple of weeks in pic i had the seeds inside for months before i trew rhem outside and had pretty much forgot about them i flowerd her as soon as she showed sex out of impataince to find out what she was, after she sprouted i put some other beans that had been inside as long and got 1 electric smoke up , these are the only beans ive had germ from bsc ,got a bunch of strains from him a while back tried half none germed lost other half to unwelcome visitors luiz kindly sent me some strains for free including the choco but so far just one choco an 1 electric have sprouted the electric is unsexed ,still have mango lychee /lemon verde,columbian black an cabeca de nego from him to try,thanks for your reply its good to hear your gonna run it outside seems a real intersting strain with very little info around i will give it a much beter veg time next run an see what she does have you smoked any of it if so howd you find it ?

Cernunnos

Ohh how I wish I was lucky enough to be able to work with colombian genetics,

Hi ya N hippydon. Have you checked out the Colombians available from Cannabiogen? Also, Ace Seeds are working with landraces and many people have high prize for their stuff. I bet you can find something that will make you happy.

Hope that helps. Good luck with it.:tiphat:

idiit

Veteran
i grew choco chiba outside last year and have some pics. in my albums. the grow area i chose for choco chiba was poor soil and i did not amend properly. the bud was ok. i have learned from my 20+ years growing in this area that the shit soil poorly amended can significantly impair the quality of the bud product. i have at least 5 gardens every year and very few gardens last more than 1-3 years due to rippers and poopoo helicopters.

i do use lots of calcium and other good stuff. i have learned to find rich fertile guerrilla grow area and amend those. my product is much better. tub grows are totally out of the question due to aireal surveillance from two full time helicopters that do almost nothing but "bass fish" for gardens (sport fishing).

i'll have a few gardens for my cc and have males indoors for pollination. will post info as season progresses. cc is a potent narcotic strain with some psychoactivity. i'm looking forward to sampling some well cured properly mature, properly organically grown cc for sure. :)

harvestreaper

Veteran
sounds like you got you work cut out there iddit ,,just took a look thru your albulms a whole heap of nice satvas you have there ,I see you crossed the chiba to panama how was it ? this lone female seems a sturdy plant the clones throwing out strong roots thanks again for your help an the info

idiit

Veteran
panama/chiba was very nice. big chunky buds. very nice terpenes dominated by panama. good yielder. the high was a happy euphoric feeling. good long potency.

i've crossed choco chiba into vulkania's choco hash plant. choco chiba might be the base for some nice narcotic choco strains.

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

^^ one batch of choco chiba seedlings. some diversity. pretty sativa looking even in early veg. i just made some new super soil as i transplanted outdoors most of my rols (recycled organic living soil) plants and soil. (why some plants don't look super healthy yet).

i've got several cc females outdoors looking good and in different locations (guerrilla grows don't always make it to harvest). i've got one male getting ready to go into 12/12 for pollen. these seedlings will hopefully offer up at least one more male for diversity.

Chomba64

Veteran
Idiit... I have noticed my Choco Chiba do not like fert's. They yellow and look very unhealthy. My best results are just good rich soil is all they need. Just an opinion... Peace

Chomba64

Veteran
Choco Chiba

Choco Chiba

Here is one of the Choco Chiba's I am growing this year. This was the first to sex and exploded with growth. Recycled soil was used as some of this line seemed to not require a richer soil mix. They are all different. Speaking from my own experience... Peace

Attachments

• DSCN4274.jpg
    DSCN4274.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN4275.jpg
    DSCN4275.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 42

brother_stein

I have heard stories of Chiba weed in the early 70's and it was described to me as black sticky buds that very EXTREMELY potent, I was wondering where it was from, are seeds available, does anybody have some or grew some?
I only smoked it once. I was in college in New Jersey, and my roommate had a friend who brought some to our dorm room. He referred to it as chiba-chiba and said it was from Africa. Little hard black buds. It was some strong stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts