What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD4: Chem4 x C4DD grow-along.

TP-grower

Hi VG ,thanks for the report and infos on the C4DD F2
I can t wait till i can grow your C4DD F2 and C4DDD s after my sunner holiday.
I searching for the special Male for my Killer-Malawi Queen 😘😍......
Keep up your good work,regrads and peace TP

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TP-grower hi man, sorry for the late reply! i hope you got your grows going... i want to pop a few more of these soon, one of my friends smoked some back then and he reckoned it was the most potent of these new chem varieties..he reminded me the other day.. wish i'd taken some cuts of them ... but don't we always regret not doing that lol.

VG

TP-grower

Hi VG,😀
Thanks for awnser,
I m very busy and often very stressed/trouble with m nervs at moment,thats why i dont ve time for a own grow report at moment.
I still ve 1 C4DD F2 girl (1 of 3/2was males) at run.-But i take her to early at 12/12 and was to small to take a cut of her 🙄!!-But with the Contra D(4seeds) i get 2 males and 1 got a early fall down -syndrom at day 4/5 after germination(-temp to high!?!) and 1 don t germinate.
She is the smalest plant (45cm day45 of 12/12) in my growtent,-but ve the most resinous buds (-together with my Malawi Killer cut day 60) of all the girls in my flower tent!+She s very terpy,yummy😋 chemy,but more sativa structur,as i was thinking before.
The tallest+youngest plant is 1 Island Sweet Skunk (Next Generation Seeds) (Day 55 12/12),=still needs 3-4 weeks more i think.
-The other plants =are only about 10-25 days 12/12: 2*Aunt of Farouk (Derg Cora C),1Balkhi Hp (Khalifa-Gen) =OP made of Balkh (2018 Harvest=The Real Seed C)and 2Uzbekistani Hp IBL (Nomad S...) ,-bouth show sex a few days ago.
Next plants for the flower tent:1 Killer Queen,2Killer Cookies,2Lemon Thai,2Sensi Star -all repros from DCC.+ 2 small cuts of my selected Killer Malawi Girl and my Aunt of Farouk (Berry Pheno) Male i take for the future,when i ve more time and reserve for nice breeding projekts ;-)
The next seeds i will germinate are your C4DD F2+C4DD4 and last but not least: Contra D -I hope this time to find more grilswithout a fall down ........
I need to grab 2/3of your Chem Kits at BR before they close their doors! + maybee 2Blockhead OP (Chimera) + 1Medina x BH!?....
Kind regrads and keep up your good work, Terry Preta

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, ive sent some packs of these to seedbay/boutique
Previously they have only been available as part of the Chem Kits limited edition. These are very limited and this may be the only decent batch i send in.. so if you want them, get them whilst you can.
VG :tiphat:

Hello Verdant Green, I managed to get your last chem kit from seedbay like half a year ago.

I was wondering if you could tell me how do the C4DD4 and Stardawg compare and which of the three lines included in the chem kit is your favorite?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi @GreenToAsT
First off i must say that i'm not that keen on stardawg... it is a good producer ,so pretty commonly sold as commercial weed in the UK. It is potent but i find it has a coarse texture that is hard to break up and i think it gives me a bit of a headache/comedown - i held the cut for a while but didn't keep it
I think either the C4DD4 or the 'Big' phenos of the Contra D / C4DDD would compare favorably with stardawg for yield and have a better texture, terp profile and high.... and i think quite a few of the C4DD F2 plants would also stand up to it too. I think if you ran a few plants and found your favorite as a keeper you would have something better than stardawg.
I bragged to someone the other day that Contra D was the new Stardawg (lol) but it takes a few years for a hobby grower like me to have a strain 'catch on' and be popular.. it took about 10 years for the C4DD to be widely recognized as one of the best Chem lines in regular seed form.
VG :tiphat:
Thanks,
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VG - How does the C4DDF2 compare to the C4DD4? Thanks.
Still early days but the C4DD4 should be more uniform and the buds are likely to have a lime/citrus twang and perhaps a more sour taste. The C4DD F2 will have more variation and lean more to the D with mainly skunky/chemmy funk.. and perhaps some plants will have a bit less vigor than the C4DD4

Wotcha

Just throwing up a quick picture of my half tent of C4DD4 at approx 3 weeks flower. Looking and smelling fantastic. Have to harvest at 9 weeks so hopefully they'll be done by then!
2024 04 03 C4DD4.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks great @Wotcha !
week 9 should be enough time just about
really looking forward to how these develop...
anyone interested should check out wotcha's 'Chem Hunt' thread over at OG ;)