What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

LostTribe

Premium user
Bill,

Are you saying just jump in at 100% of the plan? I’m good with that the ramp up was a friends recommendation because of the 2 different nutrient lines. Thank you

Bill responded below. No experience with it but looking at it to save $.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill,

Are you saying just jump in at 100% of the plan? I’m good with that the ramp up was a friends recommendation because of the 2 different nutrient lines. Thank you

No, switching lines in the middle of a cycle requires transition adjustment. Just keep an eye on them as they will tell you if you have too much or too little of something.

LostTribe

Premium user
No, switching lines in the middle of a cycle requires transition adjustment. Just keep an eye on them as they will tell you if you have too much or too little of something.

Bill I have a bag of powergrower cal nit with packaging reading 15.5-0-0 is it reasonable to simply sub this for the part b?

ExNavyInSTL

Bill ...

I made an error in judgment - not taking your advice.

I went against your suggestion to use my Reservoir for pH'd water only and feed by hand. That led to too much PPM for seedlings.

Question? How long will my Jack's 3-2-1, Tribus, Molasses, Recharge, and Mr. Fulvic mixture last while stored in a one-gallon water jug? If it matters, I have an always-dark room to stave back any unwanted growth in the bottles.

If it were just Jack's in the jugs, I would imagine those would keep for a long time. I worry more about all of the stuff that turns the water dark brown.

The containers are of varying degrees of PPM because I would remove a gallon of nutrients and add a gallon of water. Only to find out that the PPM change was minimal.

Lesson learned.

LostTribe

Premium user
Bill ...

I made an error in judgment - not taking your advice.

I went against your suggestion to use my Reservoir for pH'd water only and feed by hand. That led to too much PPM for seedlings.

Question? How long will my Jack's 3-2-1, Tribus, Molasses, Recharge, and Mr. Fulvic mixture last while stored in a one-gallon water jug? If it matters, I have an always-dark room to stave back any unwanted growth in the bottles.

If it were just Jack's in the jugs, I would imagine those would keep for a long time. I worry more about all of the stuff that turns the water dark brown.

The containers are of varying degrees of PPM because I would remove a gallon of nutrients and add a gallon of water. Only to find out that the PPM change was minimal.

Lesson learned.

I will say that I just started testing out a tiny bit 1/2 dose of recharge in my solution (canna) it settles the dark kelp to the bottom but I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you shake well before using it either way but can't you just reduce the strength with RO and use it? If you are talking about fresh seedlings it should keep for a couple weeks I would expect and I dont feed seedlings for 2-3 weeks anything but tap water.

mexweed

Veteran
I've mixed up a gallon of 321 (masterblend) before and it held up for close to a week ph and all, and that's just when I used it it might have lasted even longer

power grow calnit is what came with the masterblend kit

ExNavyInSTL

Thanks for the answers. I just emptied the whole reservoir and filled it with pH'd water. I'll use my 10 gallons taken out to feed the young ones after another week. They are living off the soil for a while, but I will ease them up to 3-2-1 at full strength over the next couple of weeks. Thanks again. I didn't want to have to pour all that out if it will hold up for a while.

LostTribe

Premium user
Yeah, I listed it as part of the salt bases that are economical. Masterblend/cal nit as a 2-part has fantastic numbers without the magnesium sulfate.

Do you recommend Jacks A and B only or add the Epsom Salt with coco/led? I am going through the Jacsk thread and some people are running just a and b after some defs with the 3 part.

BillFarthing

Veteran
I haven't seen Jack's Aquagold. It looks like other peat lite mixes for greenhouse.

Do you recommend Jacks A and B only or add the Epsom Salt with coco/led? I am going through the Jacsk thread and some people are running just a and b after some defs with the 3 part.

LED and coco, you are going to need the extra magnesium from epsom salt.

LJ farming

Bill,

Would it be more beneficial to use Liquid Kool Bloom weeks 4-6 or homemade Hammerhead with flora trio. I decided to follow your advice and just finish my current run with my remaining GH nutrients before I switch over to Jacks. I only need 1 gallon of Bloom to finish. Also if Liquid Kool Bloom is your suggestion should I only use weeks 4-6 like you suggest for Hammerhead?

Thanks,

LJ

ExNavyInSTL

I wonder what the downside to this product is? It's $24 a pound. Look at all of the critters they throw in there (see list below).

I do see the Humic & Fulvic come from Leonardite, which I know is often a frowned-upon source. But all of the other goodies seem way more than something like Recharge.

Anyone trying this stuff yet? Is it all smoke and mirrors?

Click image for larger version  Name:	UltraBio.png Views:	2 Size:	546.8 KB ID:	18044447

UltraBio soluble probiotic concentrated powder is a complex of probiotic and biostimulant technologies wrapped in one. Through a proprietary formulation process, it contains billions of important soil microbes such as Endo/Ecto Myorrhizae. It includes Beneficial Bacteria, Trichoderma, high carbon based Humic acid, Fulvic acid, and organic nitrogen that delivers essential Amino acids and Peptides.

All of these natural pro-biological ingredients provide a multi-faceted approach to building a robust soil rhizosphere that produces hardy plant life. This synergistic approach to revitalizing the soil rhizosphere and stimulating root and plant growth offers a vast array of benefits. UltraBio will not burn and is suitable for all crops and plants including trees, ornamentals and vines.

BENEFITS:
  • Improves microbial life of soil by adding billions of microbes to the rhizosphere
  • Stimulates and strengthens root growth and improves natural disease resistance
  • Provides organic carbon and beneficial bacteria for feeding soil microbes
  • Improves abiotic and biotic stress tolerance
  • Enhances plant growth & vigor by improving nutrient uptake
  • Increases blooms, fruit quality and increases yield potential
  • Reduces transplant shock of transplanted crops, tree, vines and shrubs
GENERAL USE: All rates below are general in nature. Mix 2-3oz of UltraBio powder with 2 gal of water. Lightly stir/agitate for a few seconds. Use mix to water near the root area as a root drench OR 4oz to every 4-5 gals of water to make a solution to add into irrigation. 16-24oz of powder with sufficient amount of water to uniformly cover one acre.

Cuttings and Bare Root Drip: 2-3oz per gal of water.

Banded or Row Application: 2-4oz per 1,000 ft row in sufficient amount of solution. NOTE: USE MIX WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER MIXING WITH WATER

UltraBio soluble powder is the finest, most comprehensive bio-inoculant available.

Genus Bacillus (46 Species)
Genus Psuedomonas (6 Species)
Genus Streptomycetes (7 Species)
Genus Trichoderma (6 Species)
Endomycorrhizal Fungi (4 Species)
Ectomycorrhizal Fungi (7 Species)

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Organic Nitrogen.....5% water soluble
Derived from Soy Protein Hydrolysate
Containing 18 Amino Acids and Peptides

NON PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
Humic Acid.........................2 7%
Fulvic Acid.........................1 1%
Derived from Leonardite :bashhead:

Endomycorrhizal Fungi:
Glomus Mossae, 1,133 propagules per lb
Glomus Intraradices 1,133 propagules per lb
Glomus Fasciculatum 1,133 propagules per lb
Glomus Clarium 565 propagules per lb
Glomus Monosporum 565 propagules per lb
Microaggregatrim 565 propagules per lb

Ectomycorrhizal Fungi:
Rhizopogon Tinctorius 11,250 spores per gram
Rhizopogon Villosulles 625 spores per gram
Rhizopogon Luteolus 625 spores per gram
Rhizopogon Amyylopogon 625 spores per gram
Rhizopogon Fulvigleba 625 spores per gram

Rhizbial Microorganisms:
Bacillus Subtilis 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Bacillus Licheniformis 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Bacillus Firmus 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Bacillus Megaterium 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Bacillus Pumulis 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Bacillus Coagulans 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Peanibacillus Polymyxa 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Paenibacillus Durum 12,500,000 CFU per gram
Pseudomonas Putida 2,500,000 CFU per gram
Pseudomonas Fluorescens 2,500,000 CFU per gram
Streptomyces Lydicus 2,500,000 CFU per gram
Streptomyces Griseus 2,500,000 CFU per gram
Trichoderma Reesei 2,500,000 CFU per gram
Trichoderma Harzianum 2,500,000 CFU per gram

Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40 degrees F and 80 degrees F. Keep out of reach of children and animals. Do not eat. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill,

Would it be more beneficial to use Liquid Kool Bloom weeks 4-6 or homemade Hammerhead with flora trio. I decided to follow your advice and just finish my current run with my remaining GH nutrients before I switch over to Jacks. I only need 1 gallon of Bloom to finish. Also if Liquid Kool Bloom is your suggestion should I only use weeks 4-6 like you suggest for Hammerhead?

LJ

The reason Hammerhead is suggested is a bump in potassium in the tissue sample charts I posted. It has lower phosphorus than most PK boosters. The plant only needs sufficient P. Giving it more doesn't give bigger flowers and excess needs to be flushed out properly. Any PK boost can't hurt. Just make sure you spend time flushing properly.

ExNavyInSTL It looks like they tried to throw every biostimulant they could in there. It is for immediate use for soil. I'm sure the cheap humates and microbes would wreck a reservoir. That said, I am sure it works fine in addition to your base fertilizer for soil.

mexweed

Veteran
so I did the math on the hammerhead at 1g per gallon, I was planning on doing 0.5g/gallon of the mkp which is the hammerhead amount rounded down, rounding down on the potassium sulfate it's 0.3g/gallon

the epsom however is like 0.02g which my scale can't do, should I just leave it as is or add 0.1 more epsom 4-6?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Disolve a known quantity of epsom in a fixed quantity of water, and use the equivalent of the epsom you want to use. 10 gr epsom in 1 liter of water, want 1 gr use 100 ml, 0.2g .. use 20 ml. That way you can measure precise even 0.2 gr. Keep out of light and agitate well before use, each time.

Latest posts

Latest posts