What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

indocult

So far really great

So far really great

So it's been a few weeks since I introduced what you recommended.

I am using .5 up to 1 gram / gallon of metasolate during veg, and ramp it up to 1.5g/ Gallon during stretch/transition. They can probably take more, this is just what I started with.
Veg is looking great, better than before which was healthy, now the leaves are perky as well.

Using .5ml gal of Mr fulvic in veg and 1ml/gal after flip. Veg already looks better so it's hard to tell how it is impacting that, just from looking at the plants.
Flowers are getting frostier (earlier too), greasier, and seem to be more pungent, I'm excited to smoke them!

Using MKP (I've used it before, but different timing) @1g/gallon week 4-6 (start day 21 end day 34/35) flowers are chunkier by far compared to not using it. I added it too late when I used it before and it always gave me crazy castling/foxtails and new flower growth on top of mostly finished buds, so I quit using it.

Anyways, just wanted to update. it's going great and I can already tell I'm gonna be much more pleased with the results than I am with just Jack's/cal nit.

I'll try and post pics I forgot how to do it on here

Using MKP (I've used it before, but different timing) @1g/gallon week 4-6 (start day 21 end day 34/35) flowers are chunkier by far compared to not using it. I added it too late when I used it before and it always gave me crazy castling/foxtails and new flower growth on top of mostly finished buds, so I quit using it.

That may be why I'm getting really exaggerated foxtails this round. I'm not terribly worried about it but the first thing I thought was they were getting too close to my new quantum boards. I run perpetual so I give them .5g mkp regardless of stage in flower.

there's a pic of a crazy foxtail on my nearly ready jawa pie, sorry about the rotation

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_225356.jpg
    IMG_20201124_225356.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 63

BillFarthing

Veteran
The tissue sample graph calls for a bloom boost week 4-6 of flower.

Fox tails could be from a few things- heat, too much kelp, or too much 660nm from LED's. Regardless, they look great!

Love this thread, thank you for all the information.

Been stuck on Botanicare for 15 years now, tried Maxibloom a while back but never had much luck with it. I have great results with Botanicare but I know I can see the same results using less expensive items.

Received Mr Fulvic yesterday and will start to order the other items as my Botanicare supply runs out.

ButterflyEffect

Hey BF Thanks for taking the time to bring this valuable info. I’ve been trying to dial in my feed/additive routine and I started coming across a number of your posts. If I may, I’d like to ask a few quick questions.

I use Fulpower as a twice weekly foliar. Is it completely useless? I ordered a gallon of Dr Fulvic, so that’s on the way. Do you use Mr Fulvic at every feed?

Never used MKP, so I’m looking into where to get it. When I do add it at wks 4-6 is there an adjustment to base nutes?

Is Safers Biomin Ca ok? If so, can I foliar with it at transition?

You mention CalMag. Do I need it with what I'm running, or is it more situational?

Here are the numbers I calculated from Jacks 3/2. Comes in at just under 1.4EC. N-150 P-52 K-216 Ca-146 Mg-71 S-97 The Biomin is 30ppm to bump up the Jacks 116. I see you're running higher Ca from transition on. This is just what I was studying up on at the moment, so your thread has been a godsend. Am I reading that correctly? I want to go from 116 to ~250ppm?

I’m still learning how to do an elemental breakdown and how much the plants need at any given stage. My apologies if you’ve covered this already!

eyesdownchronic

Hey BF Thanks for taking the time to bring this valuable info. I’ve been trying to dial in my feed/additive routine and I started coming across a number of your posts. If I may, I’d like to ask a few quick questions.

I use Fulpower as a twice weekly foliar. Is it completely useless? I ordered a gallon of Dr Fulvic, so that’s on the way. Do you use Mr Fulvic at every feed?

Never used MKP, so I’m looking into where to get it. When I do add it at wks 4-6 is there an adjustment to base nutes?

You mention CalMag. Do I need it with what I'm running, or is it more situational?

Here are the numbers I calculated from Jacks 3/2. Comes in at just under 1.4EC. N-150 P-52 K-216 Ca-146 Mg-71 S-97 The Biomin is 30ppm to bump up the Jacks 116. I see you're running higher Ca from transition on. This is just what I was studying up on at the moment, so your thread has been a godsend. Am I reading that correctly? I want to go from 116 to ~250ppm?

I’m still learning how to do an elemental breakdown and how much the plants need at any given stage. My apologies if you’ve covered this already!

tissue concentrations will always be higher than what your feed is, so I would not aim for those PPM levels. more useful just to be able to follow the trend.

BillFarthing

Veteran
I use Fulpower as a twice weekly foliar. Is it completely useless? I ordered a gallon of Mr Fulvic, so that’s on the way. Do you use Mr Fulvic at every feed?

Every feed and foliar.

Custom Hydro Nutrients. The MKP goes on top of your normal base fertilizer with no adjustment.

Biomin Ca is good without bumping up the N too much in flower.

Jack's and Cal Nit are well balanced. You shouldn't need to add more calcium nitrate on top of it like most cal-mag supplements contain.

tissue concentrations will always be higher than what your feed is, so I would not aim for those PPM levels. more useful just to be able to follow the trend.

Exactly. Just follow the recommended feed schedules. The tissue samples are merely a timing guideline.

Bio boy

what target npk are we after mid bloom and why ?

working out howmuch of what to boost and when, so i know my ppms and npks now, bt what the target when they need pk or atleast k

hammerhead i will use

ButterflyEffect

Every feed and foliar.

Custom Hydro Nutrients. The MKP goes on top of your normal base fertilizer with no adjustment.

Biomin Ca is good without bumping up the N too much in flower.

Jack's and Cal Nit are well balanced. You shouldn't need to add more calcium nitrate on top of it like most cal-mag supplements contain.

Exactly. Just follow the recommended feed schedules. The tissue samples are merely a timing guideline.

I appreciate the response and advice. I've been struggling trying to absorb this part of the grow and it's bit me in the ass a few times already.

So to better understand, you're saying the ppm amounts are not the same levels as what I'm feeding? How much of a bump, ppm-wise, would you do for Ca? Also for the MKP?

I have the Fulvic on the way and I was already looking at the haifa 0-52-34 there, so I'll grab that tonight.

:tiphat:

ButterflyEffect

One more question

What are your thoughts on reducing the calnit? I started this in one of my rooms when it got to about day 40 and I've been adding biomin to keep the Ca numbers ~150. I'll drop the Ca to near nothing by the last week or so. It's all these 'when do you do that' timing issues that have always eluded me.

indocult

Not Bill, but when I asked about the Cal nit earlier in this thread he recommended dialing it back by up to 10% (I believe) after transition (stretch). Also only supplement Ca at the end of veg/through transition, until you start mkp in week 4.

That's what I'm doing and my white wedding cake is all very dense baseball bat colas whereas it was smaller golf balls on a stick before.

Also use me fulvic every feed.

ButterflyEffect

Not Bill, but when I asked about the Cal nit earlier in this thread he recommended dialing it back by up to 10% (I believe) after transition (stretch). Also only supplement Ca at the end of veg/through transition, until you start mkp in week 4.

That's what I'm doing and my white wedding cake is all very dense baseball bat colas whereas it was smaller golf balls on a stick before.

Hmm. That is interesting. So the Ca in the dialed back CN is enough then? You stay at 90% till basically the end? How much Ca do you add? That's where I'm at right now. I'm in perlite hempys, so I'm using a liquid Ca. I don't know how well gypsum would do given that I need to feed twice daily as it is. Well, second one is at or near dark cycle so it's plain h2o.

Koondense

Veteran
Ordered my first hydro nutes, since i already have calnit and epsom salts i picked masterblend tomato formula.
Should be good for soil/coco mixes and maybe dwc eventually.

Cheers

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran

Also not BF, but I do reduce the Calcium Nitrate off of base by about 10% by the beginning of week 4 and keep cutting by 2% a week until the last 10 to 14 days which is just water/...and this round... Mr. Fulvic.

I do however keep supplementing calcium with Calcium EDTA at 50ppm until the flush...last 10/14 days.

ButterflyEffect

Also not BF, but I do reduce the Calcium Nitrate off of base by about 10% by the beginning of week 4 and keep cutting by 2% a week until the last 10 to 14 days which is just water/...and this round... Mr. Fulvic.

I do however keep supplementing calcium with Calcium EDTA at 50ppm until the flush...last 10/14 days.

Thanks not BF!

Another piece falling into place. I'm starting to develop more structured routines and menus to follow.

I'm determined to break the 1GPW mark in 2021:whee:

BillFarthing

Veteran
I don't go typically go by EC or NPK ratio since it is (kind of) a Frankenstein line.

Base- Jacks/MB 3/2 g/gallon, up to 3.6/2.4 g/gallon
Add epsom salt if magnesium deficiency or under LED's

Transition- Growmore flowering cal-mag 3-5ml drench and foliar

Bloom boost week 4-6- Homemade Hammerhead has a better ratio, but you can use MKP in a pinch, 1g/gallon

Mr. Fulvic/AGT-50- 0.5-1ml/gallon start to finish and with foliar.

I haven't dropped Cal Nit, but I can see how people wouldn't want jungle green plants when trying to focus on flower production.