What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Bio boy

Homemade Hammerhead has higher K, lower P compared to just MKP. It is preferrable following tissue samples.

Yes. Just find the label for your product and go to substance selection -> Add custom.

Thanks man got it all wrote down now and am shopping.

I found this reccomended by another pot head.... Looks the same as masterblend and jacks. Slightly lower if anything? But has sulphur and chelates few other bits.. https://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutrition/fertiliser/soluble/yaratera-kristalon-orange/

I can get this or masterblend 4 18 38 (no idea what am lookim at lol either is no hasstle didnt know if 1 was better)

eyesdownchronic

Thanks man got it all wrote down now and am shopping.

I found this reccomended by another pot head.... Looks the same as masterblend and jacks. Slightly lower if anything? But has sulphur and chelates few other bits.. https://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutrition/fertiliser/soluble/yaratera-kristalon-orange/

I can get this or masterblend 4 18 38 (no idea what am lookim at lol either is no hasstle didnt know if 1 was better)

Interesting, I would most likely go ahead with the masterblend.

the yara n-p-k seems a little wonky. high K and N with low P. also has exceptionally high S (20%), with low mg (3%). which would make mixing in epsom salt for magnesium problematic.

BillFarthing

Veteran
https://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutrition/fertiliser/soluble/yaratera-kristalon-orange/

I can get this or masterblend 4 18 38

You can get MB and Phostrogen in hobbyist amounts.

You're probably going to have to order at least a pallet to get it from Yara.

indocult

I plugged the metalosate In cannastats calculator, looks to be 1-1.5 grams per gallon would be closer to ideal when mixing in your reservoir.

The ppms at 10 grams a gallon, on top of base (3/2 Jack's/ Cal nit) would put N at 250 and Ca at 575.

@ 1 gram/gal plus base, N comes to 131 and Ca to 143, so I am thinking around there or 1.5

BillFarthing

Veteran
I plugged the metalosate In cannastats calculator, looks to be 1-1.5 grams per gallon would be closer to ideal when mixing in your reservoir.

The ppms at 10 grams a gallon, on top of base (3/2 Jack's/ Cal nit) would put N at 250 and Ca at 575.

@ 1 gram/gal plus base, N comes to 131 and Ca to 143, so I am thinking around there or 1.5

Thanks for double checking. That high recommendation for Metalosate calcium is what is on CHN's website. :laughing:

Just finished another Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag and I'm about ready to crack into this bad boy.

xnTSR19.jpg

Last edited:

Bio boy

Thanks for double checking. That high recommendation for Metalosate calcium is what is on CHN's website. :laughing:

Just finished another Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag and I'm about ready to crack into this bad boy.

View Image

Whats
thw difference? I disnt see metalose until page 8 bit rereading kinda missing why its used instead of cal mag or even by looks after?

Cant find ur calmag here but biobiz organic is cal mag no nitrogen... Or i can use ur cal. MAg saltwiki recipie?

Broggemann

Just a heads up:

The masterblend formula most people talk about (and which is available in europe) is based on potassium chloride.
You certainly don't want that.

But there are a lot of alternatives from Yara, Haifa, Hakaphos, Universol...

Bio boy

Just a heads up:

The masterblend formula most people talk about (and which is available in europe) is based on potassium chloride.
You certainly don't want that.

But there are a lot of alternatives from Yara, Haifa, Hakaphos, Universol...

Oh what now.... Whats that mean? Litertly in checkout for a 8kg right now....

I cant find even a page with the ingredients to compare arrgghh was just getin my head sorted.....yara wont do less thn a pallet lol...... Biiiillllllllll ???

Bio boy

stashpot

banana FPJ
coconut water
potato water
all near free.
covers
Potassium
Calcium
Magnesium
Iron
sulfur
natural sugars
phytohormones

Bio boy

Metalosate calcium works as a drench too. It's calcium chelated aminos.

Stick to the plan.

Jacks/MB Salt Base
Calcium supplement at flip
Bloom Booster week 4-6 flower
High quality Fulvic all the way through.

Profit!
Defo
. Got it all scripted. Even got a 2nd pump on my timer could run my 8 as a comparison all same strain atm same everything lol.

But boggerman is my issue now

"Just a heads up:

You certainly don't want that."

This is what is avalible to me. I cant get jacks but this is here and he said i dont want europes chrloride version? No idea why.. But i used this on my tomatoes nft outside this year aesomely.

Whats wrong with it? Do i really not want that 1 bill?

Edit Both the sources were almost equally effective but potassium sulfate out-yielded potassium chloride. Protein content of grains was significantly increased due to K application irrespective of the source and potassium sulfate was found with significantly higher protein content than potassium chloride

.... My god why? Is that a game changer there or what? I hate the uk

Ok jacks 321 5 12 26 right? Found an import of it from usa £50 shipping and £100 a 25lb. So its 150 in total 50 more than masterblend but if its got the right potassium like bill guess its only the price of 2 of my 6 advanced nutes and still same price as me base so saving almost 200quid still.. Shal i do it then ye? The jacks is now better than the mb europe yes?

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran

Don't worry about what @boogerman said. Chlorides are just fine, and are especially beneficial as a foliar.

MB has already done all the work for you with a balanced hydroponic fertilizer. Don't overthink it.

Can my growmies in Europe get Life Elixir fulvic? I hear it's the best available.

BillFarthing

Veteran
It's easy growing weed as a Yank or a Canuck. It seems like there's a shortage of resources for our friends across the pond.

Is there European distribution of Megacrop?

Broggemann

Don't worry about what @boogerman said. Chlorides are just fine, and are especially beneficial as a foliar.

You should do some reading.
Just google "potassium chloride tobacco" and click on the first result.

"Effects of Chlorine on Growth and Quality of Tobacco"

Chlorine is very detrimental for the smoke quality of tobacco, especially aroma and taste - it promotes the green grass/hay smell we all know and love.
The strain specific aroma and taste disappear.
Burning quality is lower and the ash shows black color.

MB has already done all the work for you with a balanced hydroponic fertilizer. Don't overthink it.

While Masterblend has formulas especially for hydroponic and soilless growing, they don't promote the formula you speak of for it.
It's made for tomatoes, where chlorine indeed is benefical.

There is also green leaf nutrients.. 2 part megacrop..just get 1st part..its the same as jacks.

That is an option, as megacrop is available in europe and quite cheap.

Bio boy

It's easy growing weed as a Yank or a Canuck. It seems like there's a shortage of resources for our friends across the pond.

Is there European distribution of Megacrop?

I have

Jacks hydro 321 25lb £150 on etsy uk
Megacrop 2part 5 12 26 25lb £132

Megacrop 2part seems to be the same exept hass alot of l aminos exta and kelp

Omg there europe page sells it 25lb £40 wtf so cheap?? 50 shipping to uk so 90for 25lb....

They also have boosters there the look nice lol like i feel drawn i to them... Do i make hammerhead or order his there so faaaakin cheap i feelvlike its a scam lol even has pics of buds on there looool
https://greenleafnutrients.com/europe/

Do i need to adjust my hammerhead boost due to my coco calmag locks no problems. Ut potassium can accumulate so do i dial that down?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts