What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

indocult

Well I bought it all Willy nilly without reading much , and didn't even realize it was for foliar feeding! haha.

Thanks again.

Bio boy

Thanks bill again for your patients.

My head cant workout why ive followed years of grow foods like advanced and samuri cannna etc. And there addatives and socalled research. Ive come to somwhat agree and done research on bits as ive gone and its added up.

To be tols i can use just 3 base salts and a couple of adds of nothing like what i added... My heads left saying how can i possibly compete with what i produce now as it seems more tailored what i use atm like i use a grow feed then a bloom feed. Here its all the same...

Then i add only 3 other addatives but i can replace them with 1 booster.

So what. About all the research done on other things we add and people researching the producys they use? Why do they all look good read good etc but like you guys say doesnt make a difference really.

Now i know it works i do ive tested it and seen u guys arnt the first with outstading results.

Im trying to shake the brainwashing i have of course but my heads saying how has all your reseraxh and learnt ways to increase yeild for years suddenly come void to somthing simpler and less...

Checking your links now.. What did the tissue samplea show of mel franks that was wrong? I read mel frank years ago and based alot on him running simIlar to this stuff on lucas i got 21oz in 12 weeks on 1 jackhere my personal best compared to the 8 i get now lol.

But i do grow smaller atm.

Im looking at a 8kg bag of master blend right now and wondering if i should order it lol i wana but im hesitant im off to research this more.

What are your yields like gpw? What lights and setup u using. Any more pics of them? Any 1 on this formula.

Bill i wish i could meet u for an hour lol pick ur brain and let u kick my wrongful views away lol wud be a good discussion

Eddit.. Just looming up the addatives i use here and there certified organic oim? The base nutrient isnt though.

And the stuff in these 3 boosters seem really benifical? Maybe yli couls take a look and if not help me cause i do like em and wonder if i can use then with jacks.

There the advanced nutrient. Nirvana bid candy and big bud.

There extracs hormones and beneficial supporters which have some amazing effects on cannabis i find.

But the a and b base is far from organic and synthetic so i see why the hell wud ya use organic certed items with synthetic fake bases lol

Last edited:

indocult

Only using Jack's and not even the fulvic , calcium, or monopotassium phosphate, I've gotten pretty consistently 2.5 # per light and up to 3. That is with added co2 and environment in check.
I have friends who use the whole lines of advanced, Athena ag, botanicare etc. And spend $$$ on their nutes. I grow the same strains and consistently get higher yields and higher quality than any of them, at 1/10th the price.

Now I am adding the ca, fulvic, and MKP as suggested by Bill Farthing, and I can't wait to see the results.

If I were you I would ditch the advanced, or use them up until they are gone and don't replace them.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I ordered fulvic, GM ca and mkp as well, to run with my bottles of GH Flora.

When my bottles of GH run out, I have to give masterblend a try.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Thanks for the replies guys.

Here's the dosages for a 5-gallon bucket of feed but dial in your own grow:

Base: (Jacks/MB)- Veg/transition/flower
3/2 ratio is 1 TBS MB/Jacks base, 1 tsp Cal Nit.

Can ramp up to 18 grams base, 12 grams cal nit if possible by week 7 of flower. /5 gallon

Transition: Flip until stretch is done
Metalosate calcium- 5 grams /5 gallon
Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag- 20 ml /5 gallon

Flowering: Week 4-6 flower
1 tsp. ~5 grams MKP /5 gallon

Biostimulant: veg, transition, flower, flush
Mr. Fulvic- 2.5-5ml/ 5 gallon

Foliar: Veg/transition (1 gallon)
15-30 ml insecticidal soap/Dr. Bronners, 0.5-1ml Mr. Fulvic

Last edited:

eric2028

Veteran
Only using Jack's and not even the fulvic , calcium, or monopotassium phosphate, I've gotten pretty consistently 2.5 # per light and up to 3. That is with added co2 and environment in check.
I have friends who use the whole lines of advanced, Athena ag, botanicare etc. And spend $$$ on their nutes. I grow the same strains and consistently get higher yields and higher quality than any of them, at 1/10th the price.

Now I am adding the ca, fulvic, and MKP as suggested by Bill Farthing, and I can't wait to see the results.

If I were you I would ditch the advanced, or use them up until they are gone and don't replace them.

Been using jacks for years and totally agree! Stop by and take a look.

Bio boy

Wow what a show damn damn haha and lil ole me talkin with the big boys lol yields important to me as my med space is only 2.4x1.2 meters lol wow what u have. In this space i currently get 34 ounces and that does me well. If i drop on that it messes me up big u boys got somuch it wudnt matter much lol love it.

I think im gona take the dive or maybe side by side it.

So can i mix this up in my 200litre baby tank
yay.gif
That lasts me 7 days lol? Set on my timer every 4 hours 10 second feeds on a halo gettin 500 ml a dose in clay stones and coco 60/40.

Drain to waste.

No special mixing? It wont sepwrate sat in the tsnk eith a pump turning it over in a week or anything?

eyesdownchronic

Other day I did the math comparing Nectar For The Gods v. this jacks regimen. NFTG price per gallon was $.85!!! . v $.04 for the Jacks...

eyesdownchronic

Also compared the MAsterblend tomato v the Jacks. the main thing people seem to say is that the MAsterblend has no epsom salts, which is true, but the bigger diff seems to be the change due to the higher PK value in MB. the MB also has slightly lower N and is mixed at a lower conc. so ultimately the MB formula requires more cal-nit to hit the same N level, resulting in higher overall Ca levels. which is a plus. ,it would also make dropping N levels during flower easier.

based on that it seems like Masterblend is the better choice?

only downside is the higher level of control means there are more moving parts to get right.

also noticed that MB has .4% fe and .2% B! which seems very high . 2:1 fe to B ratio

JAcks has fe at .3% and B at .05% 6:1 fe to B ratio

indocult

Bill are you recommending the metalosate dose for transition as a root drench on top of the base?
I feel funny putting 500 grams of it in a 55 gal res after base, but I've also never used it until now.
Did a foliar with it and my plants haven't looked that Happy in a while!

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Located everything on the list but i csn only get masterblend

Jacks isnt avalible in uk anywhere.

I can get yara though?

https://https://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutrition/fertiliser/soluble/

Ill Wait for bill to say and if i can set it in a res for a week dtw lol

I'm not Bill, but I feed from a res and have no issues with it being stable for long periods, a week or two....coco dtw. I do not bubble the feed though, it gets stirred by a small pump every hour just to keep it fully mixed.

I also use Yara for my calnit...its cheaper than jacks calnit where i source it.

Take the leap. I dont think you will be disappointed in the quality of flowers it can produce and your wallet will be fatter.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill are you recommending the metalosate dose for transition as a root drench on top of the base?
I feel funny putting 500 grams of it in a 55 gal res after base, but I've also never used it until now.

Yes, most Ca supplements are pretty bulky.

@caljim Yara and Haifa Cal Nit are the standard for Cal Nit.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

Yes, most Ca supplements are pretty bulky.

@caljim Yara and Haifa Cal Nit are the standard for Cal Nit.

I was looking at the metalosate, and had a question. it says that it is a "calcium amino complex." wouldnt it mean that it therefore has N in it, as amine base is NH2.?

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

I actually went ahead and got the gypsum for transition. Ca for bud set and hardener + extra S for terpene booster? cant go wrong. Also seems like slowly dropping Calnit for Caso4 in flower might work well.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

holy balls! 10g's a gallon. damn.

Bio boy

Thankyou caljim thats how i intended it a mj1000 fluming. Il jump in then.. The advanced mixup i used are different basicly pk boosters from week 1 flower? And most contain (n) wondering how they use n without problems and why we cant have calmg with n? The only real thing in bud candy seems to be sugar. And some grape extract flavouring... Saw a video showing u csn jisy add organic food flavouring as thats what there doing? Wtf is that normal? This is lile learning dabs have terps added back lol. Bigbud be a boost again pk but said 20 amino acids which was the seller i guess saying boost yeilds sthat wil be pk mg but tue amnos...i learnt somwhere they only need 8? And most of that i get with my kelp and worm cast tea? Nirvana.. Bat guanos kelp yucca n alfalfahumus extract and azomite. Thisones wuite good tho. Kelp i got yucca i can get ez. Humus will be covered with agt50. (elixr life uk). Alfalfa someone said i can add it to my tea but at what ratio and how do i know what npk its adding?it has alot of benefits but mainly organic pgr i like it for. Alamite reads awsome but its cheap volanoe dust too. Again how to calc what it adds if anything.

Bat guano last ingredient Insect-eating bats produce a guano that has a high nitrogen content. 7 13 28 his makes it ideal for fertilising during the vegetative phase. Fruit-eating bats produce a guano that has a high phosphorus content. This is best for use during the flowering phase. 0 12 0

Also a slow releqse full of micro nutes vitamins minerals aminos inscect repellants and hormones.and microbes

Really like that said also can add to a tea so nirvana is just a tea....

Worm casting. Bennies. Biosys pure tea sugars alfalfa bat guano kelp and if i added alamalt1yucca and agt50 to my tea is that basicly the nirvana bud csny and big bud in 1? Says use from week 1 or for cut#E2F7DD
and then ofcourse they added fruit flavouring which seems weird

BillFarthing

Veteran
I was looking at the metalosate, and had a question. it says that it is a "calcium amino complex." wouldnt it mean that it therefore has N in it, as amine base is NH2.?

Yes, it has a small amount of N. Growmore flowering Cal-Mag is the only commercial product without N.

I don't independently tweak sulfur and have never had a complaint in the smell department.

Bio boy

Yes, it has a small amount of N. Growmore flowering Cal-Mag is the only commercial product without N.

I don't independently tweak sulfur and have never had a complaint in the smell department.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73546&pictureid=2034732View Image

U make a hammerhead for 4 to 6.

I read hammerhead and said to use it with overdrive? Arnt they just a pk booster too? Couldnt ya just increase hamerhead if anything?

Guaranteed Analysis (1 – 5 – 4)
Total Nitrogen (N)……….1.0%
1% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)……….5.0%
Soluble Potash (K20)……….4.0%
Magnesium (Mg)……….1.0%
0.92% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
Derived from magnesium nitrate, magnesium phosphate, monopotassium phosphate, and potassium nitrate.

And would hydrobuddy tell me if adding alfalfa to my tea and bat guano 070 will effect my npk toomuch? I want them for their other benefits wish i could wipe their npk value

BillFarthing

Veteran
U make a hammerhead for 4 to 6.

I read hammerhead and said to use it with overdrive? Arnt they just a pk booster too? Couldnt ya just increase hamerhead if anything?

Homemade Hammerhead has higher K, lower P compared to just MKP. It is preferrable following tissue samples.

And would hydrobuddy tell me if adding alfalfa to my tea and bat guano 070 will effect my npk toomuch? I want them for their other benefits wish i could wipe their npk value

Yes. Just find the label for your product and go to substance selection -> Add custom.