What's new

Chasing deficiencies with Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Sensi Coco

AngrySquirrel

The photo above looks like it was caused by allowing the pH to drop too low. What kind of water are you using?
Distilled. Yeah low PH seems to be the most suggested thing here. Knew I shouldn’t have listened to AN and should’ve just PH’ed it. I’m going to give it a good flush of 6.0-6.2ph’d nutes now and will continue that feed.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Distilled. Yeah low PH seems to be the most suggested thing here. Knew I shouldn’t have listened to AN and should’ve just PH’ed it. I’m going to give it a good flush of 6.0-6.2ph’d nutes now and will continue that feed.
Distilled or RO water? You can raise the pH with a little cal mag. before adding nutrients.

AngrySquirrel

Distilled or RO water? You can raise the pH with a little cal mag. before adding nutrients.
I’m buying gallons of distilled water, I know, but I get it cheap and it’s only for one plant. RO filter is next on my list.

I have been adding a little bit of their Cal Mag Xtra or else the PH perfect comes out to 5.5 instead of 5.7-5.8.

Three Berries

I get K def whether low or high soil pH. I backed off all nutes and used rain water for two waterings when I had 7.3 -7.7 pH run off and that only made it worse. Then no Mg per advice but then that just showed Mg def.

One plant out of three not showing K def and it had root damage when in Veg but was revived and doing OK in flower though stunted.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
What is 1400 EC? I presume you mean PPM, and if so on what scale (500, 700, etc.)?
EC is electrical conductivity to measure nutrient strength. It is better than PPM as PPM is derived from EC but has two different conversion rates which makes EC simply better to use. Source: Dr. Coco, PhD in horticulture and university professor.
What I mean is - what do you mean with 1400 EC?

An EC of 2.0 would be more appropriate. 1400 PPM on the 700 scale would be 2.0 EC.

jackspratt61

I get K def whether low or high soil pH. I backed off all nutes and used rain water for two waterings when I had 7.3 -7.7 pH run off and that only made it worse. Then no Mg per advice but then that just showed Mg def.

One plant out of three not showing K def and it had root damage when in Veg but was revived and doing OK in flower though stunted.
Is this the 1 cup of dolemite per 3 gallons of mix?

Ca++

You should read the old and new feed labels. There might be a clue.

Check the feed charts, as many indicate a starting EC. An expectation of your water, typically 0.2 - 0.4 that this feed needs and your last one, not so much. Ca levels in them will be a something to compare. However, the pH perfect could list elemental values, that are in reality not available. The buffering. It's some sort of hardness, that likely becomes available over time to limit accumulation. Notably, some forms of PK fit the bill, and one is up, the other down. To design such a feed, it would be logical to look to them. Which in turn would lead to high numbers that might not be toxic, but could be replacing or antagonising the types you want.

pH perfect threads come around. There will be reading to do.

Three Berries

High mg with high ph. High Mg lowering ca,k,n availability and high ph blocking p,s and metals.
I'm figuring my well water and the DS limestone I used are around 10% Mg. I added 1 gr per gallon of nutes of Epsom. But watered with two gallons over a couple days with run off and 5 or so pH. Started showing Mg def. :(

pH now of run of is from 6.8-7.0 for all three. Now further into flower and no new big leaves so not as bad on the sugar leaves, just the fans. Watering with 1X MasterBlend and the usual label recipe with rain water. Adding 200 mL per gallon of 1300 ppm KCl.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It comes out to 5.8 every time and stays that way even for a few days. Then it might rise to like 5.9. So it’s been getting 5.8 consistently. I didn’t adjust because I read a lot of things from users and AN themselves saying not to PH it but that’s exactly what I’m going to do now since your the 3rd person to suggest that.

This is where were at today 😞 View attachment 18828615

I agree it does look just like that magnesium deficiency, however my plant lacks in the intervenal chlorosis that mag def is known for. This pic I found below is of K deficiency, looks just like my plant, but who knows. This is the frustrating part, it’s hard to nail down what it is and everything I tried isn’t fixing it. Maybe it both? Maybe it’s neither? Hopefully the PH adjusting will work 🤞

- If everything is the same as previous, the question then has to be - what is different? Is there a blocked ventilator?

- What is the medium?

Coco coir, bagged or bricks? If it's coco or soil, what is the (very first say 5ml) runoff EC and pH wise?

- What is the water's EC and pH?

Sometimes wellwater changes with the seasons.

AngrySquirrel

Back with an update. Thank you everyone for the replies. I think I may have possibly found a culprit.

So I consistently gave it a higher PH of 6.1-6.2 for a good week. I did not notice any change and new shoots were still coming out yellow. I needed space for the stretch so I had no choice but to flip 4 nights ago, so she has been on the bloom nutrients for the past 4 days. So far, knock on wood, it looks like the change to bloom stopped whatever deficiency was going on in veg. Very few tips have that yellowing now and it’s only a little. And I think that will completely stop too in another couple days. She looks SUPER happy right now (just took this pic). I also upped it to full high frequency fertigation (6x/day)

As for the culprit, I think it may have been due to bad nutrients that I got off Amazon. I noticed the Sensi Coco Grow Part B had some floaters floating around in the solution whenever I would draw it up into the syringe. Even if I tried to let it settle I would keep drawing up white floating crap. Is this normal?

THEN when I ordered Sensi Coco Bloom they sent me the regular Sensi Bloom by mistake, had to exchange that, THEN the new bottles they sent me were unsealed and open! Some was missing, and the barcodes were blacked out with a sharpie! I went to mix a batch just to feed it for one night until I can get this sorted, and the solution came out instantly cloudy. I’m assuming that’s not normal either. Sure enough, I looked and a ton of other reviews said the same thing. Let this be a lesson, DO NOT order off Amazon!

So I went to my local hydro shop to buy fresh Sensi Coco Bloom and that’s what she’s been on the past 4 days. Finally now all the weirdness is (hopefully) stopping. Also, for the first time this entire grow, my run off EC has been at or slightly above the inflow EC, which is how it should be.

I feel like a new man again, I’M BACK BABY! Going to start a grow journal for this strain over in the grow journal section!

0F015708-CFB2-4DA1-8453-4A8E366B2FC6.jpeg

Last edited:

Ca++

If you are buying small bottles, they are transparent with a dosing chamber. However feed needs keeping out the light. It's written on it, but who does that? (I do, but it's more tooling about)

They look happy enough, and I like the ratchets holding meters. I might string one off a pulley to.

AngrySquirrel

If you are buying small bottles, they are transparent with a dosing chamber. However feed needs keeping out the light. It's written on it, but who does that? (I do, but it's more tooling about)

They look happy enough, and I like the ratchets holding meters. I might string one off a pulley to.
I am buying the small bottles but all of them are either solid black or white plastic with no dosing chamber or anything. I read from AN themselves that their nutes have a 2yr shelf life. They started printing codes on the bottles, you can email them and they’ll tell you if they’re old. I’m waiting on the reply from them to see if the bottles I had were expired.

AngrySquirrel

Now THIS is why I love growing in coco with high frequency fertigation, you get explosive growth. Look at this pic compared to the one from yesterday, branches already completely engulfed the hanging meters 👍 she definitely likes these bloom nutes. Leaves are praying, every day seems to get improvement. I’d say were back to 100% now. I know shes in stretch but that’s over an inch in less than 24 hours.

Attachments

• 55501CF9-2EE9-4B76-8B39-EA16AADEEB89.jpeg
    55501CF9-2EE9-4B76-8B39-EA16AADEEB89.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 57